Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
2008 London Aire ~ Pricing?

Hey, all.

I got a good "in-depth" look at the 2008 London Aire that's coming up for sale.

Mica Exterior Colors
Granite kit countertop and poss bathroom counter too
Heated granite floors everywhere but bedroom
Bedroom floors now in black slate (looks nice)

The positives
- Very well cared for, all service records
- 27,000 miles and something like 128 hrs on the gen
- Mid door entry
- Upgraded latest in-motion sat + moto-sat for internet + pwr tv antenna
- Wifi and boosted cellular throughout coach
- New AMG coach batteries & very recent service
- New front tires (365 series) Michelins (may have new tires all the way around (315 Michelins), but date codes can't be seen from outside
- Very nice wood (coffee glazed?) with ultra leather front seats and two couches (one jacknife, one reg couch with storage)
- Garage stored
- Awnings (4) all the way around
- Includes Newmar's special steering assist (now also on Newmars)
- Reported to have some "tire armour" to prevent issues with blow outs (also has Smartire)
- King size sleep number bed
- Airlock Powered interior doors (2)
- 2 oasis heating units (bigger electrical heaters than Aqua hot apparently)
- Exterior paint is amazing
- all basement doors & powered trays are engineering marvels (doors under slides swing open & dip down to miss hitting slides)
- Hydraulically opening engine cover (ok, over the top)
- Not only two (2) cameras on each side + rear, but rear bumper also has sonic sensors like cars do.
- Cummins 600 with Alison trans.
- Levels with both Air and jacks ~ your choice
- Each of the four slides seals with inflating bladder, no slide toppers

Negatives
- Must have just scraped a rock on passenger side that caught from first basement door to just before entry door. Not obvious unless you're pretty much sitting at ground level. Doors fully operational, but around 1" or so rolled up from the bottom (Ouch...that must have hurt!)
- Owner has stacked washer/dryer substituted with combo unit (it will be challenging to replace with set of stacked units, but looks possible)
- Standard basement fridge/freezer missing, but clear where it goes (will be a smaller unit)
- Ordered with freestanding dining table & chairs rather than J or U table as typical of the floor plan.
- Experienced an electrical gremlin - power visors first had limited power (passenger creeping slowly down)...then lost all power (naturally with them almost all the way down)
- Doesn't have a macerator as listed, nor a safe we could find

The challenge
What do you think a fair value for this coach is? New it was somewhere around low-mid $900k (rolled off the line 4/2007)
- I believe only 18 were produced (hand built, not production line) for the 2007 & 2007 model year
- They're talking of setting the price around $475k, but is that really high?

Hard one to get any feel for what a realistic price would be.

Are these well known models, equal to the Newalls, or distant orphans that are pretty much unknown and low valued?

All thoughts appreciated!

Mark
MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #2

Sorry, forgot two other issues (neg).

- For reasons supposedly related to water intrusion, owner had all windows permanently sealed shut (screws and a bar). No evidence of leakage or delamination sceen.
- Several of the lower "moveable" windows have fogges (3 or 4).
MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
They were the most expensive coaches that Newmar ever built and not cost effective being hand built. With the low production less of than 20, it's not very often one comes up for sale.

It may have listed for $900K, but sold for ~$700K.

The orphan status is not a problem as Newmar will service it. They are not in the Newell league, but they are not low valued.

You would have to try and find the most recent sale of one to get an idea of the price.

Obviously with all of the gadgets, there is more to go wrong.

Sounds like a few unusual mods were done, but Newmar does not use laminated walls, so delamination is not an issue with Newmars.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:38 AM   #4

There is one for sale on RV Trader which is in Louisiana. I think it is an 07. I am familiar with this coach and know the owner. It probably is in the best shape of any London Aires on the market.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #5

Hmmmm............ i would not be interested anything above $ 325,000, and that would be tops. I would pay a little over that for a same year King Aire. An orphan, is an orphin, but the LADB is something else, some issues.

Peter
Old 06-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #6

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The King Aire we looked at in Phoenix was a little under $900,000, suppose you could get it for around $700,000 or so. Low production with all the bells and whistles leads to higher prices.
Beautiful rigs but even if we won the Lotto we woldn't buy one. Just more than we need in an RV!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
2008 LADP $550,000

LIST BREAK DOWN
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #8

Oh my gosh!!!!! I hope they can get that kind of money!

But let's be more realistic. Newmar builds one of the best coaches available today. That's their lower priced coaches and trailers. But, a King Aire? Top shelf unit, by far the best coach for the bucks. But, 900k? Maybe if you have a trade (That you think should be a buck below your cost 3 years ago!) Cash, straight deal! Don't lose sleep on this one, you can get it far cheaper. And I mean far, far cheaper. 700k- maybe!

Note: Disclaimer:I do not, or have not, been an employee of Newmar or any company that is affiliated with the said company. The prices quoted here are directly proportionate to the time of the day in relation to the normal hour associated with the term "Cocktail Hour", hereafter referred to as Business Hours. In most cases we would advise, "Don't be a BWI (Buying While Intoxicated), however I believe this may be a SWI. You can figure this one out!

Hey, sometime you just need to relax and laugh! Best of luck!

Peter
Old 06-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #9

Peter..................your killing me!! Very Funny! I am gald that you have clearly posted a very forthright disclaimer. BWI......SWI. I wish I was there to help you celebrate normal daliy "Business Hours". On a separate note...........is this LADB in 007's post RebelsBeach's unit that he sold? Like others have said here.....I too would cast a vote to get a used King Aire. While they are certainly an expensive coach, I believe that they provide a tremendous value considering all of the high end features and top notch fit / finsh. I have my heart set on getting one some day.

Bruce
BucketList is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketList View Post
Peter..................your killing me!! Very Funny! I am gald that you have clearly posted a very forthright disclaimer. BWI......SWI. I wish I was there to help you celebrate normal daliy "Business Hours". On a separate note...........is this LADB in 007's post RebelsBeach's unit that he sold? Like others have said here.....I too would cast a vote to get a used King Aire. While they are certainly an expensive coach, I believe that they provide a tremendous value considering all of the high end features and top notch fit / finsh. I have my heart set on getting one some day.

Bruce
Bruce, I'm thinking yes, it probably is the Great Bob G's coach. There was very few built during the last production dates. They are a nice coach, perhaps a little over the top design for me, but never the less, a top of the line machine. If it is Bob's ex coach, it probably has many, if not all, the gremlins removed. I think there was at least one exorcism performed during the early days which hence prevented the walls for closing in at night.
In all seriousness, it would probably be a great coach at the right price, certainly a top dog with features surpassing most highend coaches on the market today.

A LADB, KADB or a EXDP are all a great choice. Best of luck.

A Proud 3 Amigos sponsor

Peter
Old 06-04-2012, 11:06 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I do not think its Bob's doesn't have that fancy rebuilt desk job he had done.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:44 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
It's not Bob's as his had a rear bath.

Bob's coach had many exorcisms by Newmar and various vendors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
I do not think its Bob's doesn't have that fancy rebuilt desk job he had done.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:27 AM   #13

Does it come with a pilot car? b
SeattlePirat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:00 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Don't need one.

LADB's have "radar". The front sensor can control the cruise control, slowing the rig if you're getting too close to a vehicle in front of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattlePirat View Post
Does it come with a pilot car? b