During my ongoing attempt to catch up on maintenance, and determine what the previous owner did/didn't do, I've run into the question of the engine coolant.
The facts I have
- Coolant looks bright orange from a peak into the reservoir.
- The Spartan service manual makes note of "Extended Life Coolant (Red)" that needs extender @ 36 months and should be replaced @ 72 months
- Faded sticker on reservoir w/ Fleetguard and Zerex logos (photo attached)
The only guess I could make between the orange color, and Zerex logo on the sticker is Zerex Dex-cool (OAT). https://valvoline.com/products/brand.../antifreeze/41
- Does anyone know what the factory coolant used by Newmar/Spartan was in 2010 for ISL engines?
- Is there anyway to test the coolant to verify the extender was added? If not, will it hurt to add another dose of extender, even if it was already added?