Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2013, 05:34 AM   #1
PBL

Newmar Owners Club
Exclamation 2012 Canyon Star Holding Tank Sensors

Need advice on calibrating black & gray tank level sensors on this new rv. Sensors read 2/3 full no matter what the level actually is. Multiple fillings & dumpings did not help.
PBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2013, 06:35 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You probably need to provide a little more info, is it all the tanks or just one? What brand of display unit?
2011 Dutch Star #4344 - 2014 Buick Enclave W/Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow Bar and base-plate
SMI Air Force One brake
Terry43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #3
PBL

Newmar Owners Club
Terry43,
It is both the black & gray tanks and the brand is KIB 3-Tank Monitor Panel.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
We have a new 2013 Canyon Star with tank sensor issues that we will discuss with the dealer when we return for our first service visit in the coming months. For example...our fresh water tank is about half full right now. However The monitor reads empty. I looked at the tank and all of the sensors are mounted on the upper half of the side of the tank. I can't imagine why this was done. When we add water the monitor starts to read each of the levels. Obviously they aren't anywhere near accurate.
While the black and gray sensors appear properly spaced on the respective tanks, our black never reads 1/3 full. It always goes from empty to 2/3. 1/3 never displays on the monitor. All sensors sems to be attached and wired. We'll have to have one of the service techs track the problem.
The Gray tank levels are displaying properly.
Don't know what to suggest to you. Just wanted you to know you're not alone on this issue and we'll be watching your thread to see if anyone can shed some light on
the problems. Good Luck to you!
Old 08-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBL View Post
Terry43,
It is both the black & gray tanks and the brand is KIB 3-Tank Monitor Panel.
Here is a link to service info; you maybe able to trouble shoot the unit?

http://dutchmen.com/image/data/docum...nformation.pdf
2011 Dutch Star #4344 - 2014 Buick Enclave W/Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow Bar and base-plate
SMI Air Force One brake
Terry43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
KIB Smart Sensor

I am struggling with my laptop tonight, so I apologize if I post twice on this. I believe the later coaches use the KIB M Panel Smart Sensor system. I am unable to upload the .pdf from Comnet that covers the installation, diagnostics, and calibration as the file is too large. If you go to Comnet and select TECHNICAL INFORMATION, and then select ELECTRICAL, and then select Miscellaneous Electrical you can open the file KIB- Tank Smart Sensor. This should give you the information needed to figure out what is wrong and how to calibrate the sensors. My 2012 tank sensors also need calibration.

Mike
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #7
PBL

Newmar Owners Club
I'm not familiar with Comnet and an internet search did not get me to anything pertaining to the sensors. Can you clarify how to get to Comnet? Thanks!
Old 08-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wow!! Surprised your selling dealer did not give you a tour of ComNet. Go to this link at the Newmar website

http://www.newmarcorp.com/resources/parts-support

Towards the bottom of the page you will see a radio button that says Access ComNet. Push that button and you will be taken to ComNet. I suggest spending some time exploring ComNet, it is a wonderful resource for coach specific parts, product knowledge, and general information. Lets us know if you need some additional help. Several folks on this board know ComNet better than Newmar's software developer.

Mike
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank