Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2020, 02:41 PM   #1

2012 Newmar Mountain Aire 4344 Full Wall Slide Control Box Location

We just bought this rig and are having issues with the full wall slide going out. It comes in fine which leads me to believe the motors are fine. It does nothing when you push the out switch...after pushing it repeatedly it will finally start going.

I have located the 2 curb side control boxes but can’t for the life of me find the full wall slide control box. Anyone know where it is?
Catluver67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2020, 02:55 PM   #2

2012 Newmar Mountain Aire 4344 Full Wall Slide Control Box Location

There is a 15-20 second pause before the full wall slide will move outward. At least on my 2017 LE 4037.
Bill Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 08:06 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I was in the same situation as you Friday, looking for the FWS control box, a DSC100 dual motor controller. I had one lock that wasn't moving, the molex connector for LA1 had fallen out somehow and was just hanging there. Plugged it back in, insured the locking tab engaged and LA1 started working again.

I found the DCS100 attached to the ceiling of the third cargo bay from the front of the coach, on the driver side, very close to the bay door. This is the same side as the FWS. The controller was under a black plastic cover that didn't have any labeling on it.

There were two black covers in that same area and the FWS controller was the under the cover closest to the cargo bay door.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:52 AM   #4

Oh I bet it’s the delay! The dealership didn’t mention that and I read the manual but it didn’t have much info in it. I’ll try that! I did see those 2 black boxes, but just assumed since the other side was out in the open those were not it. Thank you both so much!!
Catluver67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, cat, mountain aire, newmar, slide