Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #1

2012 Ventana troubles

Well to start we got the Ventana Le and had it for 3 weeks or so and now its going on 3 weeks at the dealers shop with numerous problems from slides that hang up, AC tripping breaker, door knobs failing , appliances failing , chassis issues such as pulling hard to the right, we were in Texas at a freightliner shop and they didn't fix it after 2 nights in a Hotel with extended warranty i had to pay for the room myself ,called everyone but all they said not there department, the rig leans to one side, and even had a engine heating problem, all together there are about 15 or so things wrong , just with 4000 mile shake down run , boy did it shake down ,called Newmar and and i didn't hear back from them ,called the dealer and nothing, all they said was parts ordered,didn't even send it out for the stuff that Cummings and freightliner could do. has anyone else encountered problems like this.Times like this i wish i'd kept my gas RV, needless to say i am not a satisfied customer but from what i see nobody cares after the sale!!!!!!
Tabors is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2012, 03:24 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Tabors ... sure not a good start for you. I hope things turn around soon. We took delivery of our Ventana in April and have now put about 9,500 miles on it without any issues. I have called Newmar and Freightliner several times on our journeys to ask questions as to how this or that works or to help resolve some minor operational issues, and have always received good responses and fast call backs.

Sorry to hear this is not the case with you and the Newmar lack of response surprises me the most. I think I would start calling at a higher level until I get someone to respond and then explain your situation to them.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Steve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:59 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Tabors,
The quickest way to get the ball rolling, in your favor, is to do what skmwalden posted. If it was me, I'd have the calendar of events in front of me. With Newmar, start at the top. Call Matt Miller, do the same at Freightliner (you really want the executive responsible for service). Get the appropriate executives' email addresses. Have the owner of the dealership's email address and copy that person on the emails you will send documenting the saga. In addition to the calendar of events and list of problems, consider stating what you want done and the time frame the work should be completed.

This is a classic example of the lower level troops having too much work to do. All that is needed is focus. My assumption is none of your problems requires a rocket scientist to fix. I purchased my coach at a very large dealership that is known for their very good service. Similar to your experience we did not start off with a positive experience. Remaining politically correct and with my notebook in hand I did what I suggested you do. Within a week and for the last 7 years my service has been exceptionally good without contacting anyone but the service writer.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:09 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Tabors, I have to agree with Gary. When we first got our Newmar we had some problems and it was only addressed after we wrote a e-mail to Newmar laying out the order of our problems.
Newmar also is aware that some of their dealers are not as good as each other and give SERVICE WARDS each year for the BEST SERVICE.
We have 99% of our work done at the factory. Who knows your coach better the the people who built it. Problem with Dealers is they sell a limited number of many different brands.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #5

You are not alone

Tabors: We also have a 2012 Ventana LE and have had numerous problems with it. Seems each time we go on a trip some breaks. Last week we were in New York and went to put out one of the slides and mid way through I heard a pop and then saw peices of chain link laying on the floor. The week before that on a different slide the bracket that holds the stop rod to the slide broke again midway when putting the slide out. Thus far Newmar and our dealer ( Beckleys, Thurmont Md.) have been good about fixing the problems with the exception of the Diamond Shield which neither they or Diamond Shield will replace. The problem now is that all these things have been under warranty and now that we are out of warranty there is a good chance I will be paying the next time. I was told by someone who deals with Newmar on a regular basis that if you write the head of Customer Relations he will hear you out and has a good history of doing the right thing. That where where I am at now. Wil let you know what happens. Good luck . I will get the name and forward it to you.
tcam001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:54 AM   #6

thanks for your reply and im sorry you too are having problems, well yesterday after almost 3 weeks in the shop here they told me the body work was done and thats it nothing else , all they had to fix was about a 2" spot on the front where the paint and Diamond shield had been scrapped off at the dealership, so who knows how long but i will try to call the big man at Newmar today ,this is getting me so frustrated i could just leave it there ,just give up sometimes. they didnt even look at the slide issues yet but i too will keep this posted ,thanks
Old 09-18-2012, 06:42 PM   #7

Bad Update and 79 days in shop

Well if you have been keeping up with my thread you can see nothing has happened yet sunday will be 79 days in the shop i thought i was close ,well they told me they had the engine over heating promlem fixed at freightliner and that was friday, the dealer picked it up today and went 15 miles and the engine shut down from overheating , soooooooo Newmar will get another call tomorrow i been talking to a Chad ,tomorrow i will ask for matt miller to see what we ca do my lawer says 90 days and it will be theres again 79 days and counting but the sad thing we had a trip planned for the first week in october and have taken vacation from work but now this ,and still havent addresed the steering problem yet, so i kow it will be there for a long time ,thats the latest of the junk i own for now!!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Our DSDP was at the dealers for 113 days out of the first 305 of ownership. Dealer claimed it was Newmars fault, Newmar said it was dealers fault for not ordering the parts.
Dealer claimed they called us to come get the rig, we never got ONE call from them and our phone records the number, date and time of all calls. Not one registered from the dealer.
Ended up taking it to the factory and getting stuff fixed.
Dealer is out of business now. Wonder why?
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #9

Sorry for your troubles it went the same way for us, but like i said we have a lemon law here and 90 days is the cutoff date so i soon will be taking action, man this is a lemon 100%
Old 09-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabors View Post
Well if you have been keeping up with my thread.......
It would be much easier to follow if your whole story was in only one thread.

Sorry for your troubles, and I wish you good luck getting Newmar to make it right, 'cause I doubt your dealer has the ability, or even the desire, to do so.
Ed
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:06 AM   #11

Bad update again

Well after the belt came apart on the way back to the dealer ship from the freightliner shop ,they say now that the tension pully is bad and the belt cut the wire harness that turns the fan on so parts on order again, what next? Diamond shiels was going there to do the front end but i found out there were only gonna do the hood where they had a bad scratch from the dealership, but the whole front needs to be done its full of bubbles so dont know where that will go so thats my Bad new on my JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #12

Sorry to hear things are not improving for you.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #13

Any further updates?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I often wonder why most of us have a good experience with our Newmars, with some problems in first year in some cases, but over all a good one.
But we do have some with a dishearten experience its happened with 5th wheels,gas and DP's either coach or chassis and sometimes the both put together.
Chassis problems with Spartan and now with FL for some.
Humans make errors, different days of week but we expect for the money paid it would make up for all the aggravation, it just doesn't happen.
One case in point
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote