Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2013, 06:03 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookup View Post
We also thought the medicine cabinet finger pulls on our Baystar 3209 were a joke as KSCRUDE had mentioned.
Here's what we have done with some very strong 2 sided 3M tape that we got at Home Depot. This stuff is really strong, to date they have not budged at all. Just choose your hardware as long as it has a small contact area.
Very nice......BIG improvement over the Newmar hardware! I added Touch latches, verdict is still out.
cc8375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2013, 11:13 PM   #30

Ford Super Duty Owner
The F53 chassis rails provide a nice place to lay 4 L-16 AGM batteries on their 11" sides. The compartment in front of the fresh water tank on the passengers side then worked as a great spot for the Magnum MS2812 inverter and the 4 ought battery cables were short as well. With that setup and 765 Watts of solar power the low price coaches can run with the King Air as far as power for everything. The batteries charge quickly when I get 50 to 60 amps from the solar panels and 125 amps from the Magnum and get brought back to 100% SOC each afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Batteries above controllers IMG_0138.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	268.5 KB
ID:	36643   Click image for larger version

Name:	Control Panel DSC01045.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	269.9 KB
ID:	36644  

2012 Bay Star 2901, 2 ACs, 5.5KW Onan, 765W solar & Outback FM-60, 800 AH Lifeline AGMs & Magnum MS2812 + AGS + BMK, Koni FSDs, Safe-T-Plus, Super Steer Rear Track Bar, MCD Duo shades w/powered cockpit, remodeled galley, Sumo springs and 2008 Tacoma 4x4 toad.
joes2901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #31

Confirmed with Newmar customer support that none of the outlets work on the inverter except for the bedroom-tv, mid-tv and front stereo. Basically every place a tv could be used. The mid-tv is hidden by the slider in transit and I have no tv in the cockpit. So my 600 watt inverter is only being used to power the tv, dvd and two outlet in the bedroom. I asked customer support if the passenger, dinette, sofa and kitchen outlets could be wired to work off the inverter. He said sure (why these aren't already wired on the inverter was beyond both of us). So now I'm looking for an electrician or better yet someone on this forum who has MH wiring experience. Appreciate anything anybody has to offer, the coach wiring diagram and break box are below. Thanks.

3940 Wiring

breakerbox

subpanel
scbuchholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbuchholz View Post
Confirmed with Newmar customer support that none of the outlets work on the inverter except for the bedroom-tv, mid-tv and front stereo. Basically every place a tv could be used. The mid-tv is hidden by the slider in transit and I have no tv in the cockpit. So my 600 watt inverter is only being used to power the tv, dvd and two outlet in the bedroom. I asked customer support if the passenger, dinette, sofa and kitchen outlets could be wired to work off the inverter. He said sure (why these aren't already wired on the inverter was beyond both of us). So now I'm looking for an electrician or better yet someone on this forum who has MH wiring experience. Appreciate anything anybody has to offer, the coach wiring diagram and break box are below. Thanks.

3940 Wiring

breakerbox

subpanel
I haven't tried the bedrooms ones with the engine running, just with inverter on. None work. It would be nice to have some more on the inverter, but 600 watts is only 5 amps total, so it would limit what you could use-run.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
I haven't tried the bedrooms ones with the engine running, just with inverter on. None work. It would be nice to have some more on the inverter, but 600 watts is only 5 amps total, so it would limit what you could use-run.
Laptops, nooks etc. use about 25 watts and cell phones about 5 watts. Don't know how that converts to amps but don't think it would overwhelm the currently under utilized inverter.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The small inverter is fine for what its intended for, if you were to use all items off it.
If you want to rewire the coach for all outlets in QT's # 3 there is all the information you need.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:39 AM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Laptops, nooks etc. use about 25 watts and cell phones about 5 watts. Don't know how that converts to amps but don't think it would overwhelm the currently under utilized inverter.
Yes, your usage is low in wattage...... about .2 of amp for the Laptop at 25 watts.

Where does your wiring from the inverter terminate? My inverter wiring is in the same cabinet along with the AC panel.

Also determine if the outlets you want to move on the inverter, Are the on the same breaker?

Look in the cabinets underneath for any junction boxes, I have seen at least one in mine. What is needed, is a path to tie the outlet(s) too the inverter. Either by placing new wire(ing) from the inverter to the outlets.

Do you have a copy of ALL the wiring sheets, I would like a copy for my file. It prints out terrible with yellow color, foolish to use yellow, what was the CAD designer thinking, don't know if I can correct that.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:13 AM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Wiring to Inverter

[QUOTE=scbuchholz;1528987]Confirmed with Newmar customer support that none of the outlets work on the inverter except for the bedroom-tv, mid-tv and front stereo. Basically every place a tv could be used. The mid-tv is hidden by the slider in transit and I have no tv in the cockpit. So my 600 watt inverter is only being used to power the tv, dvd and two outlet in the bedroom. I asked customer support if the passenger, dinette, sofa and kitchen outlets could be wired to work off the inverter. He said sure (why these aren't already wired on the inverter was beyond both of us). So now I'm looking for an electrician or better yet someone on this forum who has MH wiring experience. Appreciate anything anybody has to offer, the coach wiring diagram and break box are below. Thanks.

Here are pics of my cabinet. Inverter panel and Electric panel.
Will need to determine Where the inverter is located and do the outlet wire run into it directly. Any pics of the inverter?
Does another owner know this answer?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Canyon Star 220.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	400.4 KB
ID:	36918   Click image for larger version

Name:	Canyon Star 221.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	374.4 KB
ID:	36919  

Old 04-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #37

I believe my inverter and converter are located in the bay right in front of the entry door. If the inverted power runs through the breaker box, then maybe we could piggyback off the inverted power there and not have to run any new wires. I would love to have power at all times to most plugs off the inverter. But the inverted plugs we now have also run off of shore and jeny power. I really haven't looked the system over very close.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:44 AM   #38

[QUOTE=cc8375;1530768]
Quote:

Here are pics of my cabinet. Inverter panel and Electric panel.
Will need to determine Where the inverter is located and do the outlet wire run into it directly. Any pics of the inverter?
Does another owner know this answer?
From looking at your photos again, and if that is the inverter panel right beside the house panel, it should be fairly simple to tap into the inverter power there. I have some electrician buddy's who could look it over and maybe do the swap for me if feasable.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
[QUOTE=KSCRUDE;1530885]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc8375 View Post
From looking at your photos again, and if that is the inverter panel right beside the house panel, it should be fairly simple to tap into the inverter power there. I have some electrician buddy's who could look it over and maybe do the swap for me if feasable.
FYI, those pics are mine with the 2000W inverter. We are looking for
scbuchholz - 600 W inverter location and wiring.

CC
Old 04-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #40

[QUOTE=cc8375;1531046]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post

FYI, those pics are mine with the 2000W inverter. We are looking for
scbuchholz - 600 W inverter location and wiring.

CC
My inverter location is also located passenger side in front of the entry door.

cc8375, you have an extra sub panel that I don't have. Either that or mine is located somewhere out of site. I'm not able to gleam much from looking at my inverter setup but will take pictures and maybe it will make sense to someone else. I also requested all the wiring diagrams from Newar Corp. Not knowing how outlets are wired to and from the inverter makes this challenging.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #41

I went and looked mine over this morning. I don't have a sub panel for the inverter that I can find. Mine is the 600W also. 12 volt wires come into the inverter and a bunch of 110 wires come out and go up through the floor in a blue plastic wire cover. From there they must go to the three TV locations, but if there is a breaker box I can't find it. There is a small breaker switch on the inverter. This may be the only breaker they have, although they also work on shore and geny power so there must be a breaker box somewhere for the TV stations. Very interesting I must say.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #42
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
That is the way most small inverters were wired, you have the extra outlet in the bedroom which I do not have, which was a good idea.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote