Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2021, 11:59 AM   #1

2013 Mtn Aire to a 2020 New Aire

I’m wanting to downsize and looking at the New Aire. Has anyone made this same move. One major concern is my weight capacity. North trail tells me the 2020 new aire has over 5000lbs. and water and fuel are accounted for. Any other big things other than size that anyone has experienced?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2021, 01:01 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
youre going to a more complex and potentially problematic emissions system, VGT engine brake rather than a jake, and if you are looking at the 33’ models, you’ll find them underpowered, especially after enjoying a MA which may be ine of the reasons they discontinued that version.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 12:07 PM   #3

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delacroix View Post
I’m wanting to downsize and looking at the New Aire. Has anyone made this same move. One major concern is my weight capacity. North trail tells me the 2020 new aire has over 5000lbs. and water and fuel are accounted for. Any other big things other than size that anyone has experienced?
I doubt that number takes into account the water and fuel weight. Sounds like a sales person's line. I was told the UVW that Newmar gives is an estimate and the actual weight is dependent upon how it's equipped and it doesn't include water and fuel.
Rev. Roy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 01:08 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
The numbers Newmar published are quite clear and as close to reliable as you can get without doing your own testing.

As stated in the brochure, UVW includes full fuel tank, all mechanical fluids, but not water, propane and options.

Add the NCC to the ULV (both approximations per Newmar) and you get your GVWR. Easy to do and no guess work, no need to worry about uninformed sales folks or misleading information.

https://newmar.imgix.net/wp-content/...re-combo-1.pdf

From the 2020 brochure:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F8553CC6-E5E1-471F-801D-AA8960E46D74.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	350289  
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 09:49 PM   #5

We went from a 33’ new Aire to a 4579 London Aire. For sure get the 35 for the king bed and the bigger motor. As for storage and capacity the New Aire is shockingly good. Pretty much filled the LA with the stuff I had in the NA.
2019 New Aire 33452021 London Aire 4579 2023 Newell #1746
Toad: 21 Ford Bronco - Blue OX and Airforce One
AZRVR17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air