Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2015, 03:55 PM   #1

2014 Canyon Star Question

I have a model 3940. Has anybody put a satelite receiver in the bedroom? I have searched all the tips. I only have two sources to hook up a receiver one says roof mount and the other is a hdmi plug. Can either of these be for plugging in a reciever. I have dish netwook on the front tv and I know the bedroom is seperate. By not having anything that is marked for a satelite does it mean there is not wiring for a receiver?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	086.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	88246  
Ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2015, 04:08 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You may want to follow this thread with same questions.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 05:46 PM   #3

We have a 2014 Canyon Star 3953 with a Dish receiver up front and in the bedroom. Both connections go to the receiver. You need a short HDMI wire to go from receiver to the HDMI plug. I believe this plug goes to the splitter box in you front compartment. The other splitter box is where you plug in your front receiver into. The roof mount connection is for the satellite dish on the roof.
StvC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 05:59 PM   #4
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";2459404]You may want to follow [B][URL="http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/2015-bedroom-tv-wiring-questions-237835.html
this thread[/URL][/B] with same questions.
As 007 noted, I was just asking a similar question about my 2015 Ventana. From what I figured out, the "Roof Mount" appears to be an additional OTA/Park Cable outlet. But I and another member with the same jacks and labeling also have two satellite jacks since we have both roof mounted domes and external satellite connections.

If we are correct, it doesn't appear you have a Satellite connection in the bedroom, but with the ambiguous labeling, anything is possible.

What type of Satellite dish do you have installed? Is it a factory installation? Most have two COAX leads on them. One is typically run to the front AV cabinet, the other to the bedroom.

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:13 PM   #5
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
I have a model 3940. Has anybody put a satelite receiver in the bedroom? I have searched all the tips. I only have two sources to hook up a receiver one says roof mount and the other is a hdmi plug. Can either of these be for plugging in a reciever. I have dish netwook on the front tv and I know the bedroom is seperate. By not having anything that is marked for a satelite does it mean there is not wiring for a receiver?

Thanks
Also to clear up some of your other questions. The HDMI jack in the bedroom is just a jumper straight up to the bedroom TV. It has nothing to do with the front AV compartment/TV. It is for plugging in either a second Satellite receiver, DVD player, etc for viewing on the bedroom TV by then selecting the HDMI input on that TV.

If you are using a second Satellite receiver in the bedroom, it would additionally have to be hooked up to a Satellite dish via COAX cable. The jack that that hooks up to is what I don't think you have at your bedroom location.

The second method of getting Satellite to the bedroom TV would involve sharing the front Satellite receiver via either a Coax connection, wired HDMI or wireless HDMI. You would then have to watch the same channel as the front TV. The COAX or HDMI connection from the front is NOT there by default. You'd ether have to repurpose the OTA/Park Cable (ROOF TOP jack on my MH) or run new wires.

The repurposing could be simple if the OTA/Park Cable connection in the bedroom comes from a splitter in the front AV cabinet. You would then just disconnect the COAX from the splitter and hook it up to the appropriate jack on your front Satellite receiver.

Running new wires is probably not a viable option.

The wireless HDMI is the method I plan on using for my setup.

Hope I didn't completely confuse you.

Old 03-12-2015, 05:45 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I am actually working at this time adding a HDMI cable to my 3940 in the rear bedroom. My goal is to place the cable to the front AV cabinet to work off the front receiver. I purchase a 75' HDMI cable with Booster. There is a box in wall the, behind the middle dresser. It does have a cable in it labeled Satellite that stops there and goes back to the outside electrical cabinet. I plan on using this as a pull. This cable leaves the slide and enters the conduit that runs parallel to the slide. At this time I have had no luck pulling this cable. My next plan is to cut the Sealtite conduit under the coach the site between the two rails and connects the conduit to the bedroom slide and the electrical outside rear cabinet. I previously have run an RG6 coax from this rear cabinet to the front AV cabinet. If you already the cable you should be in good shape. I paid hundreds of dollars for the HDMI cables in my coach but got none in the rear Bedroom.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5297.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	88438   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5298.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	88439  

Name:	IMG_5299.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	88440  
cc8375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:14 PM   #7
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc8375 View Post
I am actually working at this time adding a HDMI cable to my 3940 in the rear bedroom. My goal is to place the cable to the front AV cabinet to work off the front receiver. I purchase a 75' HDMI cable with Booster. There is a box in wall the, behind the middle dresser. It does have a cable in it labeled Satellite that stops there and goes back to the outside electrical cabinet. I plan on using this as a pull. This cable leaves the slide and enters the conduit that runs parallel to the slide. At this time I have had no luck pulling this cable. My next plan is to cut the Sealtite conduit under the coach the site between the two rails and connects the conduit to the bedroom slide and the electrical outside rear cabinet. I previously have run an RG6 coax from this rear cabinet to the front AV cabinet. If you already the cable you should be in good shape. I paid hundreds of dollars for the HDMI cables in my coach but got none in the rear Bedroom.

This is why I'm using a wireless HDMI adaptor. I've used them before and for an essentially line of sight installation of only about 30 feet, I expect the picture to be excellent. The $180 is well worth not going through what you are right now.

I too, wish I realized the Newmar "HDMI Option" didn't include an HDMI run to the bedroom. I would have gladly payed Newmar to run it when the coach was being built a month ago. As I suspected and you're realizing, it's not an easy task at this point.

The AV setup is an area that Winnebago has Newmar beat. The HDMI distribution and arrangement of the components in the cabinet is much slicker on the Winnies (and HDMI is standard as it should be in 2015). All Sony components as standard is an improvement over the hodgepodge of lower end stuff in my Winnibago for sure, but I think they need to hire a systems installer to clean up the way they install and wire everything.

Being Chief Engineer of a couple of major recording studios in NYC may give me a certain bias to seeing wiring done right.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:43 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Newmarpusher - which digital adapter are you using. I am using on right now and get alot of inference...... of course at the wrong time. I do feel that once I access the Sealtite I can run the rails to the front.
cc8375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:54 PM   #9
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc8375 View Post
Newmarpusher - which digital adapter are you using. I am using on right now and get alot of inference...... of course at the wrong time. I do feel that once I access the Sealtite I can run the rails to the front.

I haven't put it in the RV yet, but this is the one I've used in other applications. I have one sitting here waiting to pick up the Ventana in two weeks.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...gital_Kit.html