Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2016, 02:15 PM   #1

2014 Ventana Cargo Lights fuse Location Help

Help, anybody.
I popped my cargo lights fuse, and have no idea of where to look for it.
The Newmar 2014 Ventana Owner Guide is of no use at all.
Is there a place where I can get a listing of ALL of the fuses and their locations?
It seems to me, that this is one of the most important things an Owner needs, and should be in the manual right after the "hello from Newmar".
Thanks a lot, anybody.
Rob
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2016, 05:17 PM   #2

Just a thought. We have a '15 Ventana. Right next to the co-pilots chair is a switch for the cargo lights. Did your's accidentally get switched off? As to where the fuse might be, did you check in your bathroom? We have a mid-coach bath. There are a lot odd fuses in there. Everything seems to be clearly marked.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 05:38 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If it is not the switch previously mentioned, check the compartment outside just under the drivers seat.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavingABlast View Post
Just a thought. We have a '15 Ventana. Right next to the co-pilots chair is a switch for the cargo lights. Did your's accidentally get switched off? As to where the fuse might be, did you check in your bathroom? We have a mid-coach bath. There are a lot odd fuses in there. Everything seems to be clearly marked.
Thanks for the try.
I started by making sure I hadn't accidentally turned off the switch beside the copilot chair. The light is now off when the switch is in the "on" position.
I checked the bathroom, and found all the fuses in the gray box, but no joy there.
I checked the fuse compartment under the drivers seat (1st door on drivers side) and everything seems ok.
I looked behind the plastic panel in the electrical compartment, but the labels are so small, I can't read them. Those fuses don't have lights which come on when they are tripped.
Thank you so much for the help so far. I didn't know about the fuses in the bathroom.
Rob
Old 04-17-2016, 06:40 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Try location F9 in the half bath...mine is labeled "basement storage lights"...

Of course, our panels could be quite different. Just throwing something out...in case the electrical panels have some standardization.

Our coach came with a document that has all the fuse location legends...it was included in the little black document bag. Might look for it...easier to read in good light at the dining room table.

Hope you find it...
Old 04-17-2016, 08:05 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Fuse listings 2016

If you pm me your email address...I can send you a scan of our document.... The file is too big for the forums 3mb limit
Old 04-17-2016, 08:33 AM   #7

2014 Ventana Cargo Lights fuse Location Help

Here are pics of our fuse panel and the schedule of fuses and locations (this is on the inside of the wooden door to the fuses in the half bath). Hope that this helps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1460903598.905220.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	124347Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1460903616.573912.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	124348
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:55 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavingABlast View Post
Here are pics of our fuse panel and the schedule of fuses and locations (this is on the inside of the wooden door to the fuses in the half bath). Hope that this helps.
Thank you HavingABlast. I don't have a schedule on my door. The fuses are identified on the little stickies where you have your F numbers. But nothing about Basement Lights. I'll try to meter them today, to see if there is a bad fuse in there.
My panel is in a gray metal box. It's not out in the open in the cupboard.
My stickie says "relay" on one of them. I suspect that is the "block heater relay".
Rob
Old 04-17-2016, 05:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Martin View Post
If you pm me your email address...I can send you a scan of our document.... The file is too big for the forums 3mb limit
I printed out the schematics, and went to the fuse that your schematic said should be the offender, and, sure enough, it was blown.
A quick change, and I'm back in business.
Thank you Charlie, for your help. Your schematics are now my schematics.
And thank you everyone else who helped out with this.
Rob
Old 04-18-2016, 08:25 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Charlie,

If you can spare another one of those drawings it would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, fuse, light, lights, vent