Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2015, 04:40 AM   #1

2015 London Aire radiator problems

I have a 2015 London aire with 6,000 miles and Sunday night the radiator fan mount broke leavening me stuck. I got it towed to the freight liner dealer in Grand Rapids MI FYI towing these bus is not ideal. Any way I am being told that parts are 2-4 weeks out we are leaving for a 2 week trip out west in a week with 2 other families what are my options? Should freight liner pay for a rental Rv Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1437475219.434235.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	100726
Biverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2015, 05:01 AM   #2

On the 2016 London Aire there is a Spartan chassis option which gives owners another choice. Sorry for your problem but good luck getting FL to cover other then the coach repair.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:07 AM   #3

That is a pretty expensive coach to be having that kind of problem on. I would try and see if you can "encourage" Freight liner to expedite the parts over night and get you back on the road. I doubt you'd ever be able to get them to cover a rental. BTW > > > is there actually some place that rents these things?
Old 07-21-2015, 05:32 AM   #4

Yes the company is goss Luxury rv rentals great company.
Biverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:40 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Is this the Freightliner shop telling you 2-4 weeks out? I have no doubt that a "regular" order might take that long, but in your circumstance that seems unreasonable to me. I'd make a direct call to Freightliner and ask if they couldn't expedite the shipment - overnight seems right to me.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:25 AM   #6

Have you talked to Newmar? They have a F/L rep that most certainly can make things happen quickly, I believe.
RUFINIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biverson View Post
I have a 2015 London aire with 6,000 miles and Sunday night the radiator fan mount broke leavening me stuck. I got it towed to the freight liner dealer in Grand Rapids MI FYI towing these bus is not ideal. Any way I am being told that parts are 2-4 weeks out we are leaving for a 2 week trip out west in a week with 2 other families what are my options? Should freight liner pay for a rental Rv Attachment 100726
I just had the exact same thing happen to our LA. Call and talk to david York at FCC customer service. There is an updated fan cage. I had my parts in 2 days, as they pulled them from the assembly line. FCC paid for all my expenses, food hotel etc. The service was exceptional. The nice thing about FL is there are so many repair centers.
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:44 PM   #8

I had a different FL fan problem on a previous coach and the FCC customer service helped out tremendously. I agree with the posters above - call FL and have them speed up the parts delivery.

zman, do you know if the updated fan cage will be provided to all current owners of that particular FL chassis? In other words, will there be a recall? It would be good to fix the problem proactively for those of us lucky enough to have dodged the problem so far.
Hertzberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:11 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
On the 2016 London Aire there is a Spartan chassis option which gives owners another choice. Sorry for your problem but good luck getting FL to cover other then the coach repair.

FL took such good care of us and paid for hotel, food and any other expenses. That has not been our experience with Spartan that is for sure
Old 07-22-2015, 08:14 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hertzberg View Post
I had a different FL fan problem on a previous coach and the FCC customer service helped out tremendously. I agree with the posters above - call FL and have them speed up the parts delivery.

zman, do you know if the updated fan cage will be provided to all current owners of that particular FL chassis? In other words, will there be a recall? It would be good to fix the problem proactively for those of us lucky enough to have dodged the problem so far.
There should be a recall in my opinion but don't know if it will happen. Not sure when the updated cage started going in new coaches. I know they are being used currently. Anyone with the old cage should just get it replaced before it goes. Much better doing it in a controlled situation.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:21 AM   #11

FL has been very good. The parts should be here on Friday and FL is sending a full radiator kit to try to expedite the repairs. Everyone is in the loop, including Newmar and FL in South Carolina.
tedandmaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:52 AM   #12

Wow, do I know how you feel! On two different occasions, each during my first year I owned my brand new Essex, we broke down and had to be towed. It took two years for the "final fix" to be researched, experimented, and implemented by Spartan (the fan belts were shredding due to a faulty design). While waiting for a tow (3-4 hours), parts (up to 3 days), and installation, I often thought how my 1966 VW camper never needed a tow, never had a breakdown, and never ruined a trip! Hang in, hopefully things will improve.
I assume you have the high line phone number, and have talked with Jeff (866 463-9627).
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 12:12 PM   #13

Is this fan cage problem particularly with London Aires or can/will it happen on any Newmar with the FL chassis? I just got my 2015 DS about a month ago and was hoping I had left most of these sudden breakdown problems with my old 2004 Itasca. It also had fan hub and radiator surge tank situations that could leave a person on the side of the road.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:00 PM   #14

This problem with the fan assembly will only be MA,LA, and Essex which all have a mechanical fan drive. DS still have hydraulic fan drives and FL chassis.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radiator