Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2014, 07:41 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
2015 Newmar's

Will add as I find them.

2015 KING AIRE

2015 ESSEX and a bit of everything else

2015 DUTCH STAR

2015 CANYON STAR & BAY STAR

NEWMAR CORP SHOW SCHEDULE's
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2014, 02:15 PM   #2

The show schedule is, I'm assuming at least, just the normal shows like Hershey and so on. There is one in Michigan in July which we can make, so hopefully we will get some questions answered.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:19 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Added a few more the Newmar Corp web site has another month or two before the change to 2015's.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:28 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Possibility of some '15s to tour at Hoots II

Also, we're going to make an effort to see if we can persuade Newmar to get a couple or few '15s to the Hoots II gathering in Sevierville, TN September 20-27. Last year, we had a special edition new Mountain Aire from Buddy Gregg in Knoxville for the Hoots to tour and we may be able to get two or three new models to have for touring by those who come in for the Hoots II rally in September.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:21 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Trip Travel Info Display on Rear View Monitor Option for '15

The '15 order sheet shows an option called "Trip Travel Information Displayed onto Rear View Monitor Screen". Retail cost is $1,266.00. Just wondering about this feature if anyone knows about it. Is it new for '15? Has any Newmar coach had it before? How does it work? Would it be a worthwhile option to have?

Thanks.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
What a Hoot!
Old 06-07-2014, 09:50 PM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Deek, I have this feature. Gives total trip info, leg and today's trip info as well as engine stats. Info such as mpg, travel time, rolling time, max speed, avg speed, etc. On the same screen I can flip to the tpms screen and some other things.

I sense a VERY itchy trigger finger...
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:46 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Sounds like Silverleaf info.

bonzocfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slabman View Post
Deek, I have this feature. Gives total trip info, leg and today's trip info as well as engine stats. Info such as mpg, travel time, rolling time, max speed, avg speed, etc. On the same screen I can flip to the tpms screen and some other things.

I sense a VERY itchy trigger finger...
I know, I know ... and I'm working hard to keep that itchy finger holstered. But ... if the price and the trade are right, por que non? My thinking is that with very little exception, the '15 MA is the '14 Essex -- don't you agree??? No one would know this better than you. Sure seems to me that Newmar made a very deliberate decision to pre-empt Entegra and American Coach with the changes they have integrated into the '15s. Lots of value for the dollar IMO. This simply benefits the consumer.

There is so little info right now. Maybe they will not allow us to have our granite counter tops or we won't like the layout or the colors or the fabrics. Who knows? But I at least want to see what the deal is and what the choices are. Then we'll see what happens to the itch.

I appreciate your info about the Info Display. Question is: If it adds just over $1,200 to the cost, is it worth it in your opinion? Yes, I suspect it is Silverleaf stuff.

Thanks, SM.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
What a Hoot!
Old 06-08-2014, 12:18 PM   #9

Deek I believe the trip info component is the Trip-Tek system. They have included some very interesting features including tire management. The silverleaf vmspec system is much more complete when it comes to engine and performer management. It also allows for the logging of data which is not part of the trip-tek system. Unfortunately the tpms that interfaces with the systems are not compatible with each other. I have both systems on my coach and use both.
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:04 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
I know, I know ... and I'm working hard to keep that itchy finger holstered. But ... if the price and the trade are right, por que non? My thinking is that with very little exception, the '15 MA is the '14 Essex -- don't you agree???
Deek ... we are behind you 100%. The only question I have is which Hoot will blink 1st ... Deek or redbaron73
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:45 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinn View Post
Deek I believe the trip info component is the Trip-Tek system. They have included some very interesting features including tire management. The silverleaf vmspec system is much more complete when it comes to engine and performer management. It also allows for the logging of data which is not part of the trip-tek system. Unfortunately the tpms that interfaces with the systems are not compatible with each other. I have both systems on my coach and use both.
Steve, what TPMS system interfaces with the TripTek system offered by Newmar? If you had to choose between the TripTek or the VMSpc, which system would you use? I'm hoping to place an order for a new Dutch Star in August and was thinking I would install the same VMSpc system I am using in my Ventana along with the Pressure Pro TPMS. At this point not even sure if they will offer TripTek on the DS, it has only been offered on the luxury line to date.

Deek, here's a photo of some of the parameters you can monitor on the VMSpc system. Not sure what the TripTek looks like, I believe it's an overlay on the camera monitor. The SilverLeaf VMSpc display is fully configurable on your screen, not sure if the TripTek has that capability, maybe Steve can comment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VMSpc.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	64924  
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWag View Post
Steve, what TPMS system interfaces with the TripTek system offered by Newmar?
My TripTek has an interface for the SmarTire system. I don't know for sure that's still the one they use, but it's likely.

Which reminds me, one of my toad sensors went bad this winter. I need to order a new one.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:03 PM   #13

Newmar is now using a company out of Quebec I believe for their tpms, starts with a V. They used Smartire until Bendix pulled out of the consumer business. Joe I have 2 smartire lowpressure sensors that I believe are good let me know if you would like them.

TripTek is being used by several coach companies I know the entegra cornerstone uses it. TripTek displays data as an overlay on your rear view monitor (I have added an extra monitor to give me a full time rear camera display ). It offers some unique features like a check list, daily, per leg, entire trip data is captured. Options include a compass, outdoor temp probe and tpms. The displays are not always easy to get to. The VMSpec system is a whole other ball of wax. It will keep trip data, fuel usage, etc but it also provides you with much more granular engine performance and sensor monitoring. You can interface a a tpms to it as well but I cannot remember the vendor.
Personally I like the vmspec system better because of the data it displays (so nice to know your cruise speed was 62 before you headed into a stop, I'm serious!). Data like turbo temp is great to give you an idea of how long to idle after a long high speed run, developed horsepower and torque, etc.

VMSpec is definately more data rich but does require more display hardware. TripTek does a great job and is very nicely integrated into the coach console.
Steve
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 05:13 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinn View Post
The VMSpec system is a whole other ball of wax. It will keep trip data, fuel usage, etc but it also provides you with much more granular engine performance and sensor monitoring. You can interface a a tpms to it as well but I cannot remember the vendor.

Steve

Thanks for that information Steve. It's the Pressure Pro system that integrates with the VMSpc. I've put a couple thousand miles on the system since I installed the TPMS and I really like this Pressure Pro set up, it has worked perfectly to date. The system always finds the sensors quickly and I've never had anything drop out or provide false readings. So far so good.
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar