Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2017, 05:45 AM   #1

2016 Bay Star Sport with inverter question

Hi there. A question solely for those with a 2016 Bay Star Sport who purchased the optional 1000 watt inverter.

How many outlets are supported by the inverter? If more than one did you specifically request more or did it come that way? If more than one which ones? The brochure implies multiples.

Thanks.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2017, 09:04 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
You might find that each outlet that is energized by inverter has a small label attached on the outlet plate. At least my 2013 Canyon Star did.
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911, 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Braun Accessibility Modified Toad, Remco Lube Pump, 5 Star Tune, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, Coach Net Emergency Road Service, FMCA 378968
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:15 AM   #3

Power

All of mine have power. 2016 Baystar sport
bblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblack View Post
All of mine have power. 2016 Baystar sport
All of your outlets in the RV are powered by the inverter or just the ones that power tv equipment?

Old 01-06-2017, 09:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. View Post
You might find that each outlet that is energized by inverter has a small label attached on the outlet plate. At least my 2013 Canyon Star did.
Thanks for the reply. The issue I have is the 2016 and 2017 brochure and build sheets indicate the inverter should provide power to multiple tv's such as the one in the living area AND bedroom, and perhaps the outlet next to the antenna booster and coax. However in my unit it only provides power to the one powering the tv in the living area.

I have been told by Newmar one thing but have read posts which indicate otherwise and trying to figure out what's what.

Old 01-06-2017, 09:55 AM   #6

Both of our inside TV's( I have never tried the outside TV on the inverter) and at least 4 outlets are powered by the inverter. One outlet in the cockpit passenger side, one outlet by the dinette, and one outlet on each side of the bed.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
Thanks for the reply. The issue I have is the 2016 and 2017 brochure and build sheets indicate the inverter should provide power to multiple tv's such as the one in the living area AND bedroom, and perhaps the outlet next to the antenna booster and coax. However in my unit it only provides power to the one powering the tv in the living area.

I have been told by Newmar one thing but have read posts which indicate otherwise and trying to figure out what's what.
I have a 2017 Bay Star 3113 with the 1000w pure sine inverter and it only powers the outlets on the tv/dinette wall slide. All of the outlets on that slide work, which is one on the wall and all the outlets in the tv cabinet which is above the dinette.

None of the outlets by the passenger work on the inverter, although I wish they did!
ghoticov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:21 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
Both of our inside TV's( I have never tried the outside TV on the inverter) and at least 4 outlets are powered by the inverter. One outlet in the cockpit passenger side, one outlet by the dinette, and one outlet on each side of the bed.
Mike, thanks for the reply but I'm trying to focus on the BSS line as there are of course more features in the higher end products. Take care.

Old 01-06-2017, 01:37 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post

Take a 120VAC tester or a power razor or hairdryer & test each outlet. Add a label to each outlet plate that has power (if they aren't already labelled).
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911, 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Braun Accessibility Modified Toad, Remco Lube Pump, 5 Star Tune, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, Coach Net Emergency Road Service, FMCA 378968
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:02 PM   #10

I'm not trying to find out which of my outlets are powered by my inverter. I already know which one is. What the question is is which ones are supposed to be. When I bought the mh I was under the impression by reading Newmar supplied information that the 1000 watt optional inverter was to provide power to the TV's as in plural. In my unit it only supplies one of the three possible locations. The purpose of the post is to determine if mine is the norm or an anomaly.

Tags
inverter