Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2015, 06:41 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
2016 New DSDP Options

Interesting and complicated new options for the DP's.

Steerable Tag
V Steer
New slide mechanical system
3 Stage Jake

Will be ordering the new Dutchstar, but can't help but be a little concerned about being one of the first with these new and great features.

Consider the stuff freightliner does without as big a concern as their warranty is 3 years. But, what about the new slide and full tile.
Another question about the new slide is do you still need the black mats in place when you retract them?

Regards,

Jim
MoHoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2015, 06:54 PM   #2

Tiffin used that slide mech in 2013 zephyr they only used it for that one year. I do not know why they stopped
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 08:40 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Are you talking to Michelle at Newmar should have the answers for you or can get them for you.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 08:46 PM   #4

I'm looking forward to digging in and seeing these change first hand.

The frame changes, the bracing, were things I thought were needed sometime ago.

Steerable tag on all tag coaches is huge, who else is doing that? I wouldn't worry about it, buses have been using them for years.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:12 PM   #5

Every since I ordered my Dutch Star several months ago any time I would mention to the salesman about my concern with 3 slides as I've had to return both my previous coaches to the factories for one and 2 slide fixes all I've heard is how great the Newmar slides are since Newmar designed them and been using it for years.

Wonder why they are changing them now?
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:13 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Hopefully, I can give you a full report next Tuesday after my meeting with Michelle.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:46 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
Every since I ordered my Dutch Star several months ago any time I would mention to the salesman about my concern with 3 slides as I've had to return both my previous coaches to the factories for one and 2 slide fixes all I've heard is how great the Newmar slides are since Newmar designed them and been using it for years.

Wonder why they are changing them now?

It looks to me, like only the full wall slide got the change. So they can get rid of the carpet and tile the slide floor. The existing slide floor has some flex when going in and out, with full tile it can't have any flex.

That's what I want to see, how thick is the new floor? What new bracing got added?

We love that they got rid of the carpet, now I want to see how they did it.

The new frame bracing should get rid of a lot of the chassis flex, great to see them keep making big changes. Hope it keeps them moving market shares up.

What I would like to see, is they same as every buyer of every brand: more quality control. I think this is going to be the big game changer in such a competitive market. Entegra made a big change in how they do their QC, Newmar says they added more staff for better QC. Time to see each in action.