Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2017, 06:14 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
2017 Albuquerque Balloon Fest Reservation Needed

We just got back home with our new coach & we are thinking we want to try to go to the 2017 Albuquerque Balloon Fest. Being this is our first RV of any kind, we know very little about going to the balloon fest other than you need to make reservations months in advance.

Anyone know someone that might no be able to go & would have slot we could use or where we might be able to stay close to the festival?

BTW: our coach is a 43' Dutch Star
StuartS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2017, 08:48 PM   #2

Saw an add in the classified misc. section for a spot real close. Not cheap though. May be more than you want.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:05 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I saw that but that was for 10 days.
Only looking to go for 4 nights.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:14 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Check ABQ cragislist. Spots pop up from time to time.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartS View Post
We just got back home with our new coach & we are thinking we want to try to go to the 2017 Albuquerque Balloon Fest. Being this is our first RV of any kind, we know very little about going to the balloon fest other than you need to make reservations months in advance.

Anyone know someone that might no be able to go & would have slot we could use or where we might be able to stay close to the festival?

I have reservations for Friday 10/7 and checking out Monday 10/9. 3 nights. Standard site south RV lot. No hookups. Does not look like we will be going. We are a Ventana 3412.
hunterplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:22 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:

Firstly, congratulations on your new coach. Have you joined the Newmar Kountry Klub and if not please consider doing so. If you have you can contact Linda (Administrator) and ask to be placed on the cancellations wait list in the event that someone already booked backs out at the last minute.
NKK Member 21619 / FMCA Member 465836
rewillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:25 PM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"StuartS"......Some things you should know. The campsites range from some real high end one overlooking the field where the balloons lift off, to sites that are around the perimeter. We stayed in some general sites, but lucked out. They put us right up against the fence where many land, about 200 yards from the main field.

You're right to stay for at least 4 nights. If the weather is bad, they don't launch. We stayed three nights and they didn't launch until the day we left. Here's something else.....once they launch early in the morning, that's it for the rest of the day. Some evenings they have them all fire up on the field, the problem is, during the day there is nothing to do around there. I've always said that this would be the perfect event to have a large RV show nearby. There are more RV's there than just about any other event in the U.S., but they don't take advantage of it.

We did a day trip to Santa Fe and Los Alamos.

Lastly, there is an Elks nearby, but they get booked up pretty quick, plus you would have to drive and pay to park.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:37 PM   #8

Try to find a group that is staying on the grounds--traffic in/out for attending various events is a mad-house. Even if its dry camping--try to stay on the grounds--you will be a much happier "camper."
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:40 PM   #9

Under the forum "camping location" PanJH has a

Ballon Fiesta parking conditions
If anyone is interested, due to IRMA, I have to head home , or what is left of it, and will not be able to go to the Balloon fiesta. This was planned to be our first trip there.
I have a reservation for a premium electric site for arrival Oct 9 and departure Oct 12 that I will not be able to use.
If anyone is interested in having this site, please PM me. I'll be on the road traveling back to FL , but will check for PM's at the beginning and end of travel days.

SOLD 2013 Newmar Ventana 4346
msy4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:13 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for all the leads.
I'm still looking for a reservation
Old 09-19-2017, 07:23 PM   #11

Quote:

Last year we made out reservations on line. I think it was Albuquerque Ballon festival.com. We stayed in a area with 200/300 or so other Motorhomes. It was wonderful. They have a school bus that comes around and picks up people and takes you to the entrance to the field. It is about 3 minute or less ride. You can buy you tickets online at the same site. It is dry camping so fill your fresh Water tank and dump your black and gray tanks.
We where lucky where we got parked. Facing a large field. Ask and see if they will do it for you. You can get your tanks pumped and get water for a small fee Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3078.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	363.2 KB
ID:	177177 this was the view from our rig.

I saw that Newmar site are sold out.
Enjoy
1dutchstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:25 PM   #12

Make sure you go to the early morning flights still dark out and do the nite one as well.
1dutchstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:05 AM   #13

Quote:

Stuart,
Due to Hurricane Irma, I had to head back to Florida to address property damage. As a result, I have a reservation for a premium electric & water site for arrival Oct 9 and departure Oct 12( 3 nights) that I will not be able to use.
If you are interested in having this site, please PM me
Joe
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 07:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
Stuart,
Due to Hurricane Irma, I had to head back to Florida to address property damage. As a result, I have a reservation for a premium electric & water site for arrival Oct 9 and departure Oct 12( 3 nights) that I will not be able to use.
If you are interested in having this site, please PM me
Joe
I still have the balloon site available if anyone is interested.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote