Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2020, 10:18 PM   #1

2017 Baystar 3401 120v outlets dead

We pulled into a new site at Durango, CO late and things went downhill fast. I plugged in our Progressive EMS and it showed E3 error (line 1 high voltage). I shut down the power, made sure my ems plug was fully seated turned power back on and then it showed error code PE3, which I believe means the error was corrected.
I went inside and found out the 120v ref was not working as was the outlets for the front and center tv’s plus the tv amp outlet. The outlet in the bathroom was also dead. I checked the GFI in the bathroom and it would not reset. The two outlets on the bottom sides of the master bed were also dead. I checked the fuse box and circuit breaker panels in the bathroom and all looked good. I know there must be another GFI or circuit breaker that controls these outlets. Oh, I was able to get the ref to work by turning on the inverter, but that’s a temporary solution.
Does anyone know where else I can check? It should be very simple if I can find the fuse or circuit breaker.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2020, 10:44 PM   #2

It sounds like none of your 120v systems are working which makes me think your Progressive unit isn’t passing power due to the high voltage error on leg 1.

So, what I’d do is try plugging the Progressive unit into another pedestal and see if it throws an error code. If it doesn’t get a voltage meter and check your pedestal for problems or contact the park manager.

I’d be concerned about plugging in until you know the power is good.
Newmar2856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 05:08 AM   #3

Did you check on the inverter itself for a breaker ?
If it trips, the pass thru 120 volts doesn't but the inverter output does.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 06:10 AM   #4

X2 for plugging into a different power post.

Another thought would be to unplug shore power, fire up your generator and see if everything works. If it does, I tend to think it would show that you don't have any circuit breakers tripped or blown fuses.

Try contacting Progressive Industries about PE3 error code. I just looked at their web site and couldn't see anything about that code.

Or, give Newmar a call. They might be able to help you trace the problem.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 07:19 AM   #5

Another GFI usually tied to bathroom is the outlet in the outside storage. Atleast on mine itis. good luck
Old 10-30-2020, 11:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbwr View Post
X2 for plugging into a different power post.

Another thought would be to unplug shore power, fire up your generator and see if everything works. If it does, I tend to think it would show that you don't have any circuit breakers tripped or blown fuses.

Try contacting Progressive Industries about PE3 error code. I just looked at their web site and couldn't see anything about that code.

Or, give Newmar a call. They might be able to help you trace the problem.

That worked thank you. With the shore power unplugged and generator on, everything worked fine. I forgot to bring my volt meter so purchased one locally ($25) and checked the shore power post. One line read 124v and the other 95v. I think that was the problem. Then we moved up the road to a better site.
Now as a side note, the damn Colorado state highways are so bumpy it broke my Safe-T-Plus off at the weld. Don’t we just love the problems that come with homes in motion? Otherwise life would be boring. [emoji28]
Old 10-30-2020, 01:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JV2LY View Post
That worked thank you. With the shore power unplugged and generator on, everything worked fine. I forgot to bring my volt meter so purchased one locally ($25) and checked the shore power post. One line read 124v and the other 95v. I think that was the problem. Then we moved up the road to a better site.
Now as a side note, the damn Colorado state highways are so bumpy it broke my Safe-T-Plus off at the weld. Don’t we just love the problems that come with homes in motion? Otherwise life would be boring. [emoji28]

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2633.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	370.9 KB
ID:	306469
Old 10-30-2020, 02:58 PM   #8

I’m glad you got it fixed. Another win for a Progressive EMS as that low voltage could have caused some damage to your electronics.

As for the Safe-T-Steer, dang must have been a bumpy road.
Newmar2856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 03:17 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If that power pole had a 30 amp outlet, there’s a 50% chance it was on the 124 volt leg. A 30-50 amp adapter plug would have let you run 30 amp service.
A Hughes Autoformer might help with its 10% voltage boost, but that 95 volt leg might have been just low enough to have the progressive EMS shut down for low voltage even with the Autoformer.

Former owner of a Morgan powered Bennington
knightstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 12:20 PM   #10

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV2LY View Post
I would contact Safe-T-Plus about the broken weld. That should not happen and they most likely will provide a replacement.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 03:33 PM   #11

Same here on contacting Safe T Plus.I have hit pot holes that would jar your teeth ,but didn't break like that.Good luck.
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 04:33 PM   #12

I remember those bumpy roads in and around the area when we stayed in Durango in 2017. I’ll bet safe-t-plus will replace and they will want that one back so they can analyze why it failed.
jdyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 09:32 PM   #13

I believe the "P" in your PE3 error indicates a precious stored error.
Old 11-01-2020, 05:33 PM   #14
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
We lived in Colorado for 9 years. When we traveled out of state and returned the wife and kids, at the state border, would all chime in “welcome to colorful Colorado, and ****** roads”. Yep they are bad. Going east on I70 by lake Dillion one year a 2’ wide by 10’ long by 18” deep rut almost flipped my rig. By looks of the guard rails several folks were not so lucky.
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote