Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2020, 03:08 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
2017 BayStar Sport Water Fill Question

Post photos of everything you think might be water supply related (valves,visible tanks in storage bays, etc. You have a fill valve somewhere and one of us will ID it.
The valve on my Bay Star has two positions, city water and tank fill.
The labels are misleading. The tank fill position directs incoming water, whether it’s coming from the shore supply hose or the on board water pump, into the fresh water tank. In the city water position, the water is directed to the inside plumbing.
To use the fresh water tank supply that valve needs to be in the city water position and your pump needs to be turned on. If you leave that valve in the tank fill position you will be pumping water out of the fresh water tank back into the same tank. You can use this feature and the winterizing hose to pump water or sanitizing solution into the holding tank.

Former owner of a Morgan powered Bennington
knightstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2020, 05:07 PM   #16

In all the photos I was able to find on line it looks like your water tank is in the 3rd bay back from the door on the pax side.
Old 04-10-2020, 05:39 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
In all the photos I was able to find on line it looks like your water tank is in the 3rd bay back from the door on the pax side.
IF it’s like mine, the water tank is visible from both sides. On the passenger side it takes up the whole storage area Is covered with carpet and contains the tank drain valve. On the driver side is the pump and fill valve.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 07:38 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ummm....I do to own a Bay Star - so my question is, do they have a "Wet Bay"?

A Wet Bay is generally where the water inlet is, generally the valves to empty the eery and blank tanks, water filter, if equipped.

TeeVeeTV - - could you post a picture of the Wet Bay? It is east to find as it is made entirely of plastic.

I believe it would help us help you.

Thanks,

g

Oh - and Newmar is on a shut down. I believe until early May - maybe their web site will have exact dates. Not sure anyone is answering the phone.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:25 AM   #19

Bay Star Sports (at least on mine) has a “wet bay”. On one side of the bay you have the fresh water inlet and the black tank flush. OP provided picture. On the other side is the dump pull handles, sewer connection, and two low point drains. Very sparse compared to high line models. The pump and stuff is in a different storage area.

Old 04-10-2020, 10:18 PM   #20

Sucess

I have found the valve. It is up high in the wet bay above and behind the dump connection.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I would not have found it without your help. I had never looked for a manual valve because of the control that was showing on the Digi-level panel.

I have identified 3 drain valves and the winterizing valve set-up. The two poly tubes to the right of the dump fitting are 2 of the drain valves.

Take care and stay healthy,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200410_124448.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	329.7 KB
ID:	281137  
Old 04-11-2020, 06:27 AM   #21

Glad you found it. I see from your picture you don’t have a valve on the end of the dump tube. Imagine for a moment your black tank valve does not fully close and the stuff leaks into the tube. You now go to dump and you remove the cover. Trust me it happens. You get nasty stuff everywhere except where it needs to be.

I’ve attached a picture (stole it from another post) that solves the problem and at the same times helps you hook up the dump hose. It consists of an add-on valve and a 45 degree clear elbow which helps you see when the tank flush has done what it’s going to do.
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2020, 10:44 PM   #22

Tom,

That looks like a great idea, I will look for the parts.

Thanks,

Tags
water