RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2020, 09:43 AM   #1

2017 BayStar Sport Water Fill Question

I have an issue with my fresh water tank. I purchased my BayStarSport 2903 used. When I got it I did a tank drain and did a water system sanitize by putting some bleach in the exterior water filter and thought I had filled the fresh water tank. I ran the pump and ran the water through out the coach and then flushed the system via the exterior water connection.

Since then I have been on shore water and had not made any effort to fill the water tank. When I set the system to auto-fill and assumed that all it would take. I then noticed an error message on the "Digi Level" display stating "Max Time Error". My fresh water displays empty, so now I don't know what my status is. I can get water using the water pump with the outside tap turned off, so there is some water in the tank.

My question is: Should I hear some water flowing when I try to fill the tank? Also have I missed a step on the water fill procedure?

Thanks in advance,

TeeVeeTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2020, 10:32 AM   #2

Tim--If you want to fill the fresh water tankwhile hooked to an external water source you have to open the water tank fill valve. If you have not done that the external water source will only provide water to the RV plumbing.--Bruce

monorockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:34 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Can you post a photo of your wet bay setup and digi level display?

As far as I know (I have a 2017 Bay Star) if you indeed have a permanently mounted water filter and/or auto fill they were not installed by Newmar.

You should hear water running when the fresh water tank is being filled, and you should be able to see the fresh water tank and monitor the water level if you open the correct storage bay door.

Former owner of a Morgan powered Bennington
knightstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:28 PM   #4

Pictures

Attached are Photos of my fresh water inlet and the 3 displays on my tank fill control. There are no other valves in the wet bay with the exception of the gate valves for the black and grey water tanks. There are valve in other bays for draining, unless I am making a mis-identification.

Thanks,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200408_121213.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	273.0 KB
ID:	280926   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200408_110158.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	271.5 KB
ID:	280927  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200408_110206.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	263.8 KB
ID:	280928   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200408_120157.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	280929  

Old 04-08-2020, 03:49 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
2017 BayStar Sport Water Fill Question

Interesting. Can you find a fresh water fill valve? Iím surprised they have autofill in the BS Sport and not in the BS.

Find your coach number, get some more photos of the other valves, and email Newmar with your question. If you donít get a better answer here, Newmar should be able to help.

If you post the other photos here someone can help make sure youíve identified the other valves correctly.

Go to the Newmar web site and get yourself comnet and Newgle accounts. Theyíre a good source of info.

Old 04-08-2020, 04:21 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Iím sitting home self-isolating so Iíve got some time on my hands.

Check this link: https://precisioncircuitsinc.com/pro...nd-lp-monitor/

Old 04-08-2020, 04:36 PM   #7

Not all coaches have auto fill. The confusion comes from DigiLevel. The digital displays all have autofill, but the plumbing is not installed. You have the autofill system if you have a 3 way valve for the fresh water supply. One of those positions is ďautofillĒ. Yes, if you do have the autofill position, you should hear the autofill solenoid valve actuating.

If you have only an on/off valve for filling the tank then you do not have autofill.
bydnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:53 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Where is the selector switch?

The one that reads "Tank Fill" or "City Water". The water inlet next to this switch is the fresh water fill.

I have a 2017 Canyon Star, I do not have "Auto Fill".

I do have the same digital tank read out. I can tell you, it can be easily be un-programmed if too many buttons are pushed and held. This is from personal experience.

Perhaps looking for the owners manual for the tank sensors and display with the idea of "Resetting" the display. If no owners manual, call Newmar customer service. They should be able to guide you.

The picture of the water inlets you show look more like blank tank rinses.

Hope some of this helps.

Good luck.

g
Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:58 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightstorm View Post
Iím sitting home self-isolating so Iíve got some time on my hands.

Check this link: https://precisioncircuitsinc.com/pro...nd-lp-monitor/
Thanks for this.....I just put it into my digital RV library....

g
Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:47 AM   #10

I do not have the Auto-Fill or digital gauges, so I just rely on opening the compartment door that the fresh water tank is in and eye-balling the fill level (clearly visible). As a last resort or to confirm your gauges are correct this may work for you.
2017 3113 NewMar BayStar, Safe-T-Plus, RoadMaster SB, SuperSteer TB, Koni FSD shocks, CHF Rear, Sumo Springs, Centramatics, EEZ TPMS, King TailGater, LED Headlight kit, EMS-PT50X, Adjustable arm-rests, MagnaShade, 2017 Cherokee TrailHawk Toad...
And Tucker - [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
sedaliaterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:53 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightstorm View Post
Interesting. Can you find a fresh water fill valve? I’m surprised they have autofill in the BS Sport and not in the BS.
It may depend on when Newmar decided to start using them. RV manufacturers are known for making mid model year changes. These can range from small items such as door handles to chassis’s. In my case they had the same floor plan in both the BS and BSS line. They had different microwave ovens. Some bright guy must have figured out that they can save money by standardizing on one in regards to cabinet construction. So I got the upgraded One when they built mine.

On topic, I’m glad my has the old manual throw valve to fill the water tank less things to break. What I don’t care much for is if I have a full tank of water when I leave, a goodly portion will slosh out the overflow pipe.
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR 4WD Sahara, Automatic, Hard Top
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:56 AM   #12

Thanks

Thanks to all for the information. I have sent Newmar the question and they have not replied. I assume they are working short staffed also.

I just assumed that the Digi-level worked as the control was there. I will get out and check all the valves that are located in various bays. I have never noticed any valve labeled "Fresh Water Fill" in fact none of them are labeled.

I take a look after the rain stops.

Thanks again,
Old 04-09-2020, 11:06 AM   #13

Look in the storage bay just behind the driver side rear wheel. I’d think if anywhere that’s where it would be. I DON’t have auto fill but everything to do with water (pump, tank, manual fill valve) is in there.

And you’re correct little to no labels. If you have manual fill valve it will be between the pump and the tank. Can’t miss it.
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR 4WD Sahara, Automatic, Hard Top
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 01:07 PM   #14

Iím sure this will be very model specific. I have a 2019 BSS 3008 and the water system is very functional but rather rudimentary. I donít have an auto fill system or a gravity fill. On my coach there is a small unmarked in-line valve several feet away from any other part of the system. It would be easily overlooked if you didnít know it was there! But it is and once you open it water can flow from the city water piping into the water tank. You certainly will notice that it is flowing. If you donít get any model/year specific responses Iíd just start looking for water lines that go to the tank and hope to find the little valve (if thatís what you have). Mine isnít labeled or especially obvious but it is easy to access once you know where it is. Good luck.

PetesMH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water