RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2017, 05:01 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
2018 4327 DSDP floor plan

Exited a 2017 4018 DSDP in June and stepped into the '18 4327 200 miles ago. Nicer bathroom with a larger shower, rectangular rather than rounded and more adequate I'd say. The wide closet in the back gives us room to hang pants, which we were missing in the 4018. The walk through the bedroom to the bathroom is nearly a straight shot while we needed to walk around the foot of the bed in the 4018. The recirculating hot water feature of the shower so as to not waste water is convenient and I'd like to think it was my suggestion to Newmar, but probably wasn't. The half bath, the major reason for the trade up, is so so much nicer. I'd say at least 50% bigger and a pocket door instead of the bifold. Way easier to get at enroute since you can just leave that door open. Good trade...(you'd have to hear the joke). The angled kitchen makes it so much easier for the DW to get at the cabinets as she's just over 5 feet tall and had real difficulties with the overheads of the 4018 cabs. The angled kitchen breaks up that long corridor look where you see from one end to the other when you walk in. Love it. For some reason we lost the pull out counter extension that we used to prep veggies and stuff. Not a big deal but I don't understand why, it was nice. That may well be a 2018 item and not necessarily a floor plan issue. We also lost the little pull out shelf in the divider between the two recliners. The washer dryer in the FWS is different. Haven't had to access it much so can't tell if it's any better, just different. The lighted pantry pullout, another one of my ideas �� is a huge improvement. Hard to tell which potato chip bag you got in the dark without crunching the Doritos. The dinette is a bit narrower in that the drawers are not as deep, again probably a model year difference and not floor plan. The valances behind the recliners are deeper to accommodate the new larger shade motors, so the recliners need to be pulled a little further ahead to recline completely. Worth it to get rid of those awful MCD shade motors. Still MCD, so we'll see. Outside, the TV went where the pegboard was. At first I didn't like it but then I realized that it really didn't provide all that much storage, it just looked nice. I had my cleaning stuff and spray cans there and that all went into a bucket, so not a lot of storage for the size, the flat screen will probably be a better use of the space. The TV being lower might really work well. I usually sit in a recliner lawn chair to watch the westerns during my nap, and had to look up at the tv, sometimes into the sun, so the lower TV might be really nice. Haven't had a chance to try it yet. (The TV, I still had my nap) Having all the control panel items over the driver seat is really convenient. I remember having to stretch across the open stairwell to access some switches, much better. Plus I eliminated the head banger TV and gained two more cabinets instead up front. Easier when getting out of the captain chair and entering the coach. Again, not a floorplan item, just wanted to let you know how well that worked out. It can be a challenge sometimes ordering a coach without seeing it first hand.

Not a floorplan item, but the sanicon system is excellent, completely optional which hose you plug into the outlet, and it's a clear connector. Slinky if you want for long term stays and you can plug in the sanicon if it's more convenient, like a one dump after a two night stay. Looks like it will work great. Haven't dumped yet, it's only our second night.

On the road again for the winta!
BB

BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2017, 05:26 AM   #2

thanks for the update BBelanger ! glad you are settling in and loving it.....

a couple of questions, if i may...

1. your initial thoughts on the spartan chassis ? anything good/bad/different ?

2. how is the bose sound bar inside ? better than the previous sony/speaker setup ?

willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 05:29 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by willipaul View Post
thanks for the update BBelanger ! glad you are settling in and loving it.....

a couple of questions, if i may...

1. your initial thoughts on the spartan chassis ? anything good/bad/different ?

2. how is the bose sound bar inside ? better than the previous sony/speaker setup ?
I did a full review on the chassis, just before the one you read.
Haven't tried the sound bar but we never used whatever was in the last one for a stereo system. Never quite figured it out. So I should put in a CD in the blu ray player?
Old 09-16-2017, 05:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBelanger View Post
I did a full review on the chassis, just before the one you read.
Haven't tried the sound bar but we never used whatever was in the last one for a stereo system. Never quite figured it out. So I should put in a CD in the blu ray player?
a CD in the blue ray player makes sense to me....or a movie, and see how it sounds...

read the other thread....saw this one first......thanks !
Old 09-17-2017, 05:28 AM   #5

Is the sanicon system that's being installed the turbo system ?
Steve HCI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:55 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve HCI View Post
Is the sanicon system that's being installed the turbo system ?
Yes, it's the model 600
Old 09-17-2017, 06:12 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Pics of the new control panel...
The tank status is new to me this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0116.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	176897   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0117.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	176898  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0119.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	176899  
Old 09-17-2017, 06:44 AM   #8

Correct me if I am wrong my friend but still no level display in the wet bay right? If so unfortunate that would be a wonderful upgrade instead of having to keep going inside to check levels while I'm filling fresh water, and black tank rinse.. Thank you for posting the new displays though....
NEWMARDS3724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:10 AM   #9
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWMARDS3724 View Post
Correct me if I am wrong my friend but still no level display in the wet bay right? If so unfortunate that would be a wonderful upgrade instead of having to keep going inside to check levels while I'm filling fresh water, and black tank rinse.. Thank you for posting the new displays though....
On my 4018 Dutch Star I can see the fresh water tank and the level in the tank from the wet bay. I would think that you should be able to also. I turned on the faucets inside with a full tank of water then put marks on the tank with a marker for 1/3 and 2/3 as the level went down on the gauge. I normally try to leave for trips with 1/3 tank of fresh water so I use the marks all the time.

I might be doing the black tank rinse wrong because I only close the valve briefly to let water fill into the black tank when rinsing.
Old 09-17-2017, 07:17 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptw View Post
On my 4018 Dutch Star I can see the fresh water tank and the level in the tank from the wet bay. I would think that you should be able to also. I turned on the faucets inside with a full tank of water then put marks on the tank with a marker for 1/3 and 2/3 as the level went down on the gauge. I normally try to leave for trips with 1/3 tank of fresh water so I use the marks all the time.

I might be doing the black tank rinse wrong because I only close the valve briefly to let water fill into the black tank when rinsing.
I appreciate the tip my friend I will look into that while filling the fresh water tank...as for the black tank rinse you aren't doing anything wrong I just like to fill the black tank atleast to 1/3 or 2/3 full 2 to 3 times to insure I get as much out as possible and would love to have a gauge to do so....thank you very much
NEWMARDS3724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:03 AM   #11

We just purchased a 4327 to replace our 2012 American Eagle] 45T. We take delivery end of the month. There are some things we gave up. One be ing the 600hp for the 450hp. Hopefully it won't be a huge difference.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:09 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWMARDS3724 View Post
This year the autofill works as expected. It filled the tank for me this morning to full after my shower. No more filling it to overflow and I hope no more siphoning.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:10 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeHardRock View Post
We just purchased a 4327 to replace our 2012 American Eagle] 45T. We take delivery end of the month. There are some things we gave up. One be ing the 600hp for the 450hp. Hopefully it won't be a huge difference.
That's the one thing I wish I had is the 600 hp. I still pass tractor trailer trucks uphill though.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:26 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBelanger View Post
This year the autofill works as expected. It filled the tank for me this morning to full after my shower. No more filling it to overflow and I hope no more siphoning.
so i take it you are using the pump vs. direct feed off the city water connection ?

if so, i like to do that often as well....and the auto fill will be a nice feature....

the 2018's are supposed to have a better water pump from the 2017's, from the luxury line, that was often asked for as a special in the past....do you notice a difference ?

also, with the sanicon system, are you using the grey water by pass ?

any pics of that system that you can post would be much appreciated....

Tags
floor