Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2019, 02:20 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
This is an older post where I responded with the type of ladder I leave in the coach. Since then, I found something that works well at home. I won't go on my roof while camping unless it's an emergency, but at home, I've been up there several times for solar install and other reasons.

This is what I use at home and now feel VERY comfortable about climbing on the roof.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/an-r...me-431648.html
I need to store my ladder in the coach so I will need a foldable one. I like that ladder extension you are using. Wonder if that will fit on the Little Giant?
DutchStar JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2019, 04:55 PM   #44
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
JK.....I understood that.....I use the extending one in the coach and built a shelf in the bay behind the front door to store it. That bay is the prefect length for the extension ladders. My hope is never to need it. As I get older, I really don't need to go on the roof unless there is an emergency.

I find that I need a ladder at home, that is safe, because I use it 95% of teh time versus the extension ladder.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 05:46 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
JK.....I understood that.....I use the extending one in the coach and built a shelf in the bay behind the front door to store it. That bay is the prefect length for the extension ladders. My hope is never to need it. As I get older, I really don't need to go on the roof unless there is an emergency.

I find that I need a ladder at home, that is safe, because I use it 95% of teh time versus the extension ladder.
Thanks Don.

Jared and Ruby
2019 Dutch Star 4018
Old 04-07-2019, 07:51 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchStar JK View Post
I am considering the Little Giant 17 for my 2019 Dutch Star. Anyone who has this ladder, please let me know your experience with it.

The video on their web site says it is 15' tip to tip, even though the model # is 17. Is that long enough to get on my roof comfortably? If the base is out 3 or 4 feet for safety then I'm guessing the 15' tip to tip would only leave a foot or so over the top of the Dutch Star. I would think you would need 3' for a comfortable transition to the roof. Please let me know what your experience has been. Thanks

Hi!

Please look above at my post! YES!!! I have the Little Giant Velocity 17 and it is AWESOME for my DS4369!

It fits easily and perfectly into my first bay; I just roll it in on its wheels. No back stress at all.

The “17” ladder has around 15 usable feet at the proper angle.

I bought mine direct with free shipping.
CaptainGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:29 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGizmo View Post
Hi!

Please look above at my post! YES!!! I have the Little Giant Velocity 17 and it is AWESOME for my DS4369!

It fits easily and perfectly into my first bay; I just roll it in on its wheels. No back stress at all.

The “17” ladder has around 15 usable feet at the proper angle.

I bought mine direct with free shipping.
Thanks Steve, I just ordered it from Amazon.

Jared and Ruby
2019 Dutch Star 4018
Old 04-08-2019, 09:09 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchStar JK View Post
Thanks Steve, I just ordered it from Amazon.

Jared and Ruby
2019 Dutch Star 4018

You won’t be sorry! I put some thick foam weatherstripping along the top section rails for the perfect protection!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2915.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	220.9 KB
ID:	241287
CaptainGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:25 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGizmo View Post
You won’t be sorry! I put some thick foam weatherstripping along the top section rails for the perfect protection!
Attachment 241287
Looks good!

Tags
dutch star