Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2017, 06:59 AM   #1

Spartan Chassis
2018 Dutch Star TV Question

We are waiting for our new 4369 which will be delivered Oct. 1. At our Florida property we have cable TV/Internet in lieu of satellite. The cable requires a DVR box to be installed. I am use to the old wiengard selection panel where I feed the cable feed into the satellite connection and then selected fit for the TV we were watching.

Do not understand how new system is configured. There are multiple inputs to any of the up front TV's..ie Satellite, blue ray, regular TV antenna signal etc. How are these signals connected to the 3 TV's? Is there some kind of a junction / distribution box?

In addition to the cable connection that comes standard with coach I did have 2 additional cable wires installed in AV area. Thought is 1 for modem connection an the other feed to DVR box. Just need to figure out where output of DVR will be connected into system.

With a coach hard to understand Bose's system etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Patently waiting for new arrival,

Larry Gawne
lagawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2017, 07:20 AM   #2

I have to ask, since you don't have the coach, why fret about something that you don't have any control over? Why not wait until you have your walk through at which time your questions may all be answered
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:26 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Larry we are also waiting for our 4369! Each device, example BlueRay has a HDMI cable out to a HDMI splitter box that has HDMI cables going to a port on each TV. The bedroom TV is on its own and inputs connect directly to the bedroom TV.
As far as the sound system, it's a sound bar now that works off the TV directly.
I would think that you could connect your cable DVR to where a satellite box would be. The only thing I'm not clear on is the location of the HDMI splitter boxes.
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:18 AM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Larry, if your cable DVR box has an HDMI output on the back, you simply install an HDMI cable from the cable box to the HDMI splitter. On mine, I have two HDMI splitters. One splits the satellite signal to three TV's. The other splitter, splits the DVD player to the three TV's. So....if your cable box has HDMI, you'll just connect to one of the splitters.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:52 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Larry, if your cable DVR box has an HDMI output on the back, you simply install an HDMI cable from the cable box to the HDMI splitter. On mine, I have two HDMI splitters. One splits the satellite signal to three TV's. The other splitter, splits the DVD player to the three TV's. So....if your cable box has HDMI, you'll just connect to one of the splitters.
Can you tell me where the splitter is located?

I've been trying to get an answer about the HDMI cabling from my dealer for 2 weeks now without success. I want to be able to send HDMI from one central point (e.g. the relocated A/V cabinet above the main TV) to all TVs. I know the bedroom TV is isolated so I requested an HDMI wire (as a special) from the A/V cabinet to the bedroom TV.

What I can't figure out is how the rest of it is wired. There is a plate with 2 HDMI connectors in the A/V cabinet but I don't know where it goes.

I can't tell what's in the cabinet above the driver but presumably that's where the splitter could be.

A simple wiring diagram would be great but no one seems to know.

Very frustrating.
dxg0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:57 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxg0001 View Post
Can you tell me where the splitter is located?

I've been trying to get an answer about the HDMI cabling from my dealer for 2 weeks now without success. I want to be able to send HDMI from one central point (e.g. the relocated A/V cabinet above the main TV) to all TVs. I know the bedroom TV is isolated so I requested an HDMI wire (as a special) from the A/V cabinet to the bedroom TV.

What I can't figure out is how the rest of it is wired. There is a plate with 2 HDMI connectors in the A/V cabinet but I don't know where it goes.

I can't tell what's in the cabinet above the driver but presumably that's where the splitter could be.

A simple wiring diagram would be great but no one seems to know.

Very frustrating.

One of the HDMI plates the one above the coax is HDMI for the Satellite box. The other I have been told is for Dish Network setup. On my CS the HDMI boxes were in the open, one for Blue ray and one for Satellite . In my visits to the Dealer I did not see them on the DS
Old 08-31-2017, 09:14 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagawne View Post
We are waiting for our new 4369 which will be delivered Oct. 1. At our Florida property we have cable TV/Internet in lieu of satellite. The cable requires a DVR box to be installed. I am use to the old wiengard selection panel where I feed the cable feed into the satellite connection and then selected fit for the TV we were watching.

Do not understand how new system is configured. There are multiple inputs to any of the up front TV's..ie Satellite, blue ray, regular TV antenna signal etc. How are these signals connected to the 3 TV's? Is there some kind of a junction / distribution box?

In addition to the cable connection that comes standard with coach I did have 2 additional cable wires installed in AV area. Thought is 1 for modem connection an the other feed to DVR box. Just need to figure out where output of DVR will be connected into system.

With a coach hard to understand Bose's system etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Patently waiting for new arrival,

Larry Gawne
Your dvr won't work on the park cable system unless you are a subscriber to that system, in which case they would run a direct wire to your coach. I don't understand why you had more wires installed, the coach comes wired for anything you'll want to do. There is no "modem connection" in a park. It's all wireless wifi. Best to do it all wireless anyway. Once you get your coach we can help. You'll be fine without having to do anything.
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:19 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBelanger View Post
Your dvr won't work on the park cable system unless you are a subscriber to that system, in which case they would run a direct wire to your coach. I don't understand why you had more wires installed, the coach comes wired for anything you'll want to do. There is no "modem connection" in a park. It's all wireless wifi. Best to do it all wireless anyway. Once you get your coach we can help. You'll be fine without having to do anything.

Well I added a HDMI from the rear TV to the front AV Cabinet so that a blue ray video could be watched on all TV's
And I added a HDMI cable from the Rear A/V cabinet to the Televator TV so that I can have the rear Satellite box on the Televator and the front Satellite box on the overhead TV.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:22 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Wow, there are only two of us.
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:26 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBelanger View Post
Wow, there are only two of us.

? Not sure what your saying, I thought you didn't need any more wires[emoji4]
Old 09-01-2017, 07:19 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Based on all the info I got, here is how I think the wiring looks like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0977.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	175126
dxg0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:22 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club

Sorry just looked at it again, yes this looks like my CS layout also. What I'm looking to do is tie the bedroom TV in to this diagram
Old 09-01-2017, 08:18 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club

Ok just found this, the picture is the pass side bay just below the outside TV on a 4018. Looks like the HDMI splinters are now mounted outside and below[ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2415.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	175133  
Old 09-01-2017, 08:29 AM   #14

Stuart,

Is this in a 4369?
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote