Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2017, 09:39 PM   #1

2018 Rayzer Antenna Info Wanted

In 2018 DS models with the satellite receiver in the PS slide over the tv:
Where does the OTA Rayzer coax terminate?
Is there a booster on the PS side like in the past?
Does the signal also go to the bedroom tv?
Newmar has told me that engineering will not run the Rayzer coax to the satellite cabinet, but I need it to integrate with my Dish receiver. Why won't they run a wire another 6' up to the over-tv cabinet? (Assuming that the coax terminates at the tv.)

Seems trivial, I know, but it's important to us.

Also, is the cable/tripod satellite connection standard equipment in the electrical bay of a DS?
Calpop45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2017, 09:48 PM   #2

2018 Rayzer Antenna Info Wanted

It should terminate in razor control panel. And then feeds out to all your TVs. When the razor is turned on it feeds your TVs the antenna signal, when it is turned off it feeds the cable TV signal to your TVs.

Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:39 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
I had specials approved for a Ventana this summer that included what I believe you are asking for,

"Run (1) extra coax cable from OTA amplifier to front A/V cabinet for Wally OTA adapter"

Newmar would only run one to the front and denied my request for one to the rear A/V cabinet. Perhaps it was who you spoke with or how it was worded. Then again maybe the Ventana for 2018 is subtly different than the Dutch Star A/V setup.

Bill
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:28 AM   #4

Thanks for the input. I need more info on the 2018 setup, however.

Would someone with a '18 coach with the satellite cabinet over the tv in the PS slide please peek into that cabinet and tell me what connections are available? Perhaps one for ground (tripod) saellite as well as one for the roof mount satellite? Any other connections?

Could you post a pic of that cabinet? I'm not close to a newmar dealer.

Thanks so very much.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:24 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Here is another discussion on that subject: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/ota-...-a-358519.html

I used to have a picture of the inside of the A/V cabinet but can't find it right now. It doesn't show anything though.

As others allready mentioned, OAT and Cable terminate at the TVs. Satellite cable from the roof terminates in the A/V cabinet.

Also makes it difficult hooking up a cable box if you need one. Not much flexibility in the wiring.

Regards,
Dan
Old 09-28-2017, 01:44 PM   #6

i am picking up my DS tomorrow morning. i ordered both the travelr sk300 high def antennae and the in - motion antennae, for direct TV.....i can take a picture of the cabinet tomorrow if no one else posts a picture first....
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:50 PM   #7

Thanks, all. Willipaul, I look fwd to pics of your new coach and the a/v cabinet. Congratulations!
I've been looking at the Rayzer installation manual and notice that only two "tv out" connections exist...one on the front and one in the back. I'm assuming (!) that the back side connections goes to the tv in the kitchen slide (and probably to the front tv, if so ordered), where I could request that a splitter be installed, with a cable up to the a/v cabinet so I could integrate that ota signal into my Dish receiver.
I'm going to order an HDMI cable from the a/v cabinet to the bedroom tv for the satellite signal, but I don't know if the Rayzer signal is sent back there as a standard feature. Do I need to request a coax also?
Am I missing something?
Old 09-28-2017, 06:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kortan01 View Post
Thanks, all. Willipaul, I look fwd to pics of your new coach and the a/v cabinet. Congratulations!
I've been looking at the Rayzer installation manual and notice that only two "tv out" connections exist...one on the front and one in the back. I'm assuming (!) that the back side connections goes to the tv in the kitchen slide (and probably to the front tv, if so ordered), where I could request that a splitter be installed, with a cable up to the a/v cabinet so I could integrate that ota signal into my Dish receiver.
I'm going to order an HDMI cable from the a/v cabinet to the bedroom tv for the satellite signal, but I don't know if the Rayzer signal is sent back there as a standard feature. Do I need to request a coax also?
Am I missing something?
Good idea on having Newmar add the hdmi cable to the rear tv. The already have a satellite feed from the roof antennas so you can add a DVR in the back. By having the hdmi cable you can use the same DVR as the front for the bedroom tv. I added a 4 x 4 matrix distribution box in the AV cabinet. All works well.

Yes, the coax runs back to the rear tv (actually to all tvs) from the AV cabinet. That gets you cable and OTA signal.
RUFINIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:06 PM   #9

my tiffin has a splitter(s) in the rear bedroom....you can watch the direct TV feed on any tv in the coach (including outside tv) by turning it on....the direct TV box resides in a cabinet in the rear of the coach....under the bedroom tv...

in addition, it has optical relays, that allow you to change the channel on the direct TV box from anywhere in or outside of the coach...

so the dutch star does not have that, eh ? i take it i can only watch the satellite feed on certain tv's, but the OTA and cable in feed on any tv ?
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna