Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2019, 01:50 PM   #1

2018 Ventana Porcelain Tile Slide Roller Protection.

I was wondering if the tile floors in our Ventana are subject to damage by the slide rollers. Do you use any type of protective mat? If so, what brand and who did you buy it from? How many do your need for the Ventana 4369? I see Lippert on Amazon but that's about it.
Old_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2019, 03:02 PM   #2

Floor covers

We use them every time we bring in the full wall slide in our 2016 Ventana 4369. We have 9 rollers on the full wall slide and our coach came with them from Newmar. The location is critical, so we have a mark on the wood under the lip of the carpet that indicates where they go. As the slide starts to come in and starts up the "ramp", stop the motors and peak under the carpet to see where the rollers are located.

The other two slide rooms do not hit the tile floor, so no floor covers needed for them.

The Newmar Parts store sells them, too, if your dealer does not have them or can't get them for you.
woodosgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 03:14 PM   #3

I use mine all the time. I had a few scratches develop and called customer service and they sent all I needed for free as a customer service item. Parts department sells them but free is better.
deanansley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 04:55 PM   #4

We use ours all the time. I put a piece of 25# Velcro on the floor at the edge under the carpet. Makes it easy to place them when pulling the FWS in. Bonus is they don’t move as the slide comes in.
PaulTNaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 06:41 PM   #5

We use them too. Kind of a PITA to put them down and pick them up, but we look at it as a precaution to prevent future scratches. FWIW, we had developed a major scratch in the floor and had 4 tiles replaced under warranty. Cause was a screw in the roller that scratched the floor. That convinced us to use them. The coach did not have them, so we called Newman and they sent us a set.
bluefin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 07:10 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I agree totally with woodosgood. Not sure about the newer models, but use of the protective mats that came with our 2016 VTDP 3709 are, regretfully, essential. I highly recommend that you use them and carry along a couple of spares because they tend to break.
Bushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 07:20 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
We use floor mats from Ikea to protect the tile.

More info on this thread

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/fws-...an-471676.html
Beach Livin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 07:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulTNaples View Post
We use ours all the time. I put a piece of 25# Velcro on the floor at the edge under the carpet. Makes it easy to place them when pulling the FWS in. Bonus is they don’t move as the slide comes in.
Paul, can you explain further about using Velcro to keep them in place? We have tried about everything and they keep on sliding. The latest thing I did was heat them up and put a 1/4" bend in the edge to hook over the side when bringing them in. Some how the rollers still push them back. Also tried carpet tape as suggested in another post and it didn't work at all for us.

Maybe even post photos of how you use the Velcro.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 05:14 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Tile Protectors

They were supplied with our 2020 Ventana 4369. And we use them all the time.
mollyellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 05:37 AM   #10

Our coach came with them supplied, however I don’t find the hard black plastic to be the best material IMO. Any contaminants tend to bond to the surface under pressure and are difficult to remove. Then the contaminants become abrasives making marks under the roller.

In our previous coach we used strips of shelf liner, which were softer and easier to wash clean periodically. I believe we’ll go back to that solution.
Old 12-23-2019, 04:06 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Us ours all the time, the were supplied with our unit
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, vent, ventana