Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2018, 04:35 PM   #71
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
We ordered today......As many may know, in order to get a new Dutch Star, you have to pick one of the one's the dealer already has in the pipeline. Our dealer preordered 100 new units. No Spartan chassis' available until next year. I knew this might happen and was willing to be flexible. I'll miss the pre plumbed air line for the brakes and the 5 year warranty, but will go with the warranty upgrade Red Barron found. So the $2500 up cost of the Spartan will be absorbed by the air line and warranty.

The coach he ordered had pretty much everything we wanted. We were up in the air about the kitchen window, but his had it on there. We only had three specials....extend the cabinets over the dinette, wires in the half bath to wet bay for an electric tank drain and Mountain Air, Windsor paint colors.

The SS along the bay doors won out, but the heated floors and seats did not make the cut. He also changed the sliding glass doors in the bedroom to solid ones.

I had a special, moving the kitchen light switch, but Newmar did it for 2019. The last big item was the Girard awning package with Girard slide toppers and window shades.
We went with the Velocity interior.

We should see the final next week with a rendering of our color changes. Now to start off loading the old coach and get it listed.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2018, 04:37 PM   #72

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Congrats! Can't wait to hear of the delivery.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 04:54 PM   #73

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Congratulations Don!
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:50 PM   #74

Congratulations Don. When will you take delivery?
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:55 PM   #75

Congratulations Don! Sounds great! Now the wait..............
Dizzee2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:08 PM   #76
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
We're in build 17 (don't know what that designates) and set for a November 6th delivery. I have to check if that's off he line the 6th or in California by the 6th. We have reservations at Yosemite for Thanksgiving week.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:18 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
We ordered today......As many may know, in order to get a new Dutch Star, you have to pick one of the one's the dealer already has in the pipeline. Our dealer preordered 100 new units. No Spartan chassis' available until next year. I knew this might happen and was willing to be flexible. I'll miss the pre plumbed air line for the brakes and the 5 year warranty, but will go with the warranty upgrade Red Barron found. So the $2500 up cost of the Spartan will be absorbed by the air line and warranty.

The coach he ordered had pretty much everything we wanted. We were up in the air about the kitchen window, but his had it on there. We only had three specials....extend the cabinets over the dinette, wires in the half bath to wet bay for an electric tank drain and Mountain Air, Windsor paint colors.

The SS along the bay doors won out, but the heated floors and seats did not make the cut. He also changed the sliding glass doors in the bedroom to solid ones.

I had a special, moving the kitchen light switch, but Newmar did it for 2019. The last big item was the Girard awning package with Girard slide toppers and window shades.

We should see the final next week with a rendering of our color changes. Now to start off loading the old coach and get it listed.

Sounds great and I like the idea of the electric drain.

I have a special to install a conduit from 1/2 bath to basement. Did you have them just run wires? Are you doing both black and grey? Please provide a little more detail.

Thanks
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:41 PM   #78
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
The wire special isn't approved YET. The dealer said he was denied once before, but that person wanted Romex run. Apparently, Newmar didn't want any 110 volt wiring stubbed off like that. I just want four #14 wires stubbed off in the box and wet bay.

On my current coach I ran the wires from the wet bay, across the tanks and up through a hole where the half bath toilet plumbing runs. This worked okay, but I have to reach behind the toilet to access the two switches. I rather they be up in the cabinet where the circuit breakers are located.

I only installed an electric black tank valve. When I ordered the valve, I ordered it with double switches, saving me some wiring. I ran the second switch from the valve and a second switch, I made for the SaniCon unit, to the half bath.

Here's how I use it. When we arrive at a campground, I plug in my power, connect my water hose and connect the SaniCon hose. I then pull the grey tank valve open. I allow the SaniCon bypass to drain the grey as we camp and when the toilets are full, I open the electric drain valve and turn on the SaniCon from inside the coach. When I hear the SaniCon speed up, I turn it off and close the black drain. Very handy on departure days, especially if you just jumped out of the shower before departing. Everything is drained before I walk outside to disconnect the utilities.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:11 PM   #79

Thanks

Great to hear if they approve the #14 or any wire gauge.

Which make of valve did you install and how did it work (reliability)?
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:18 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart W View Post
Neal’s point about insulation is a good one, we didn’t get any kitchen window because we liked the look of the backsplash, and my wife saw the large window as a area that would need to be cleaned more due to its proximity to the cook top. Windows at some point all require maintenance.
Ditto and exactly the two reasons we opted for no kitchen window. I had it on my order, and then in April I was up in Branson with my sister and their new Phaeton and we were noticing they had nothing but backsplash in the kitchen and realized for the reasons you stated, that the no window option was the way we should go.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:19 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post

Congrats on getting the order placed. So sorry you had to settle for the inferior chassis, but it's going to be a great coach anyway!
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:54 PM   #82

Awesome! Sounds like some good choices made. Interested to see the paint scheme.
rmk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:14 PM   #83

Newmar Owners Club
Congratulations Don sounds like a beauty, just curious what table option did you finally choose?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:41 PM   #84

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
Don -

Congratulations on the new coach order!

Now the waiting begins. [emoji30]
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote