Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2021, 07:40 PM   #1

2019 Mountain Aire Fuel Tank Capacity (Bonus: fuel stabilizer?)

The brochure for the 2019 Mountain Aire says the fuel tank capacity is 150 gallons.

I swear I've never been able to pump more than about 105 gallons in - even when the tank reads very empty.

I suppose it's possible that the tank reads empty when there's still 30-40 gallons left - but that's a pretty generous buffer for owner-stupidity.

Anyone else confused like I am about this?

BONUS QUESTION: like everything else on this website there seem to be voices on both sides of the "diesel fuel stabilizer needed when parking for more than 2-3 months" question -- with no clear winner in the debate. One maintenance provider I use says definitely, another said not necessary... I tend to err on the side of not complicating my life, so . . .

Universal advice seems to be park with as full a tank as possible.

Thanks/jim
LagunaJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2021, 07:59 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Both of my DSDP had a large reserve once the low fuel light illuminated. I generally had 20 gallons from that point. A normal refuel would be 100 gallons.

I once put in 137 gallons, so I know it would hold 150 gallons. I prefer refilling soon after the low fuel or just before.
redbaron73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 06:06 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Having owned Cummins diesels for 20+ years in boats and RVs the only fuel additive that I use is the Cummins endorsed Power Serve. Depending on your storage location the anti gel formula is required. Fuel purity, along with filter changes annually. Biocides can cause more problems they solve. Store with full tank
Clemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 06:34 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemson View Post
Biocides can cause more problems they solve. Store with full tank

Why do you feel this? The ONLY possible way this could be partially true, is IF you already had a large “infection”, and then the biocide “kills” it clogging filters even more…..but in my mind it’s not the biocide causing the issue. Use it regularly, and the junk never multiplies, keeping your tank and fuel clean.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 08:11 PM   #5

My low fuel light comes on with 25-30 gal of fuel remaining. I have driven as far as 145 miles after it came on without running out of fuel. It took 139 gal on that fill up!!!

Happy Trails
Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 09:06 PM   #6

I pumped 95 gallons yesterday with the fuel guage reading a little more than 1/4 of a tank. Seemed pretty accurate to me.

Never driven it to the point where the fuel light came on. We rarely get below half a tank.
GWBGE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, tank, fuel, mountain aire