Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2019, 01:30 PM   #1

2019 TPMS Failed

My TPMS will not hold the correct pressures. I can set them and they do work correctly than they will be way off. some reading 185 and some reading 50 psi.
then they will read other readings and never close to the actual settings.
Called Newmar and Spartan and they have NO recalls or known issues. Is it a Silver Leaf issue? I don't know what brand the system it is, they are mounted inside of the wheels. NIRVC was no help.
Anyone else with a 2019 having problems?
Essex-Spensive is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2019, 06:36 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Think, but don't know for sure, call silverleaf, they might know, since they interface with the TPMS built into the system. My old coach had TPMS sensors in the wheels, when purchased new tires, had them all changed because they have batteries in them, and they run out after 6-7 years. But to me it sounds like you have issues with system.

If convenient, try this, turn off all systems in coach, make sure the inverter is disabled, and the shore power has been disconnected, disable AGS, (turn it off at breaker, no need to disconnect plug) , turn of the house and chassis switches and wait for about a minute, then bring coach back alive. Sometimes IC's get a wild hair up their electron, and the only way to bring them back it to power them off and then power them on. Let us know if this fixes it. FWIW-This works for almost every electronic device, phone, computer, RV, satellite box, IC's routinely get weird, and nothing short of a power reset fixes them.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 08:29 PM   #3

I am assuming that they are the same ones as I have on my 2018 King Aire. They are made by Valor. You can call Don Rigby. He is the expert on these systems and is extremely helpful. His number is (800) 568-9188‬ and his email is don.rigby@valortpms.com. He provided superb support when I was extending the system to include my toad.
Ken Gluckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 07:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Gluckman View Post
I am assuming that they are the same ones as I have on my 2018 King Aire. They are made by Valor. You can call Don Rigby. He is the expert on these systems and is extremely helpful. His number is (800) 568-9188‬ and his email is don.rigby@valortpms.com. He provided superb support when I was extending the system to include my toad.
Ken thanks for the info. I will give them a call to see if they can get me an update for the system. I was contacted by NIRVC that there is one needed but Spartan must do it. We don't have a good Spartan Center near us, unless I can convince FL to do it for me, they are 4 miles from me. I hope I can just do it over the internet or can get a flash drive from SL/Valor to have it done. I might just "ReBoot" the coach also to see if that might do something.
Essex-Spensive is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, tpms