Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-05-2022, 01:49 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
tnedator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,374
2019 Ventana 4369 - Any 12v outlets that run off house batteries?

Unless I'm missing it, I think all the 12v outlets are in the cockpit and I assume they all run off chassis batteries. Is that correct, or are any of the 12v (cigarette lighter) outlets running off house batteries?
__________________
2019 VTDP 4369 (Spartan)
Wrangler JLU / AF1 Braking / Rock Hard Bumper
2018 Thor ACE 30.3
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2022, 02:14 PM   #2
Member
Official iRV2 Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 647
There might be one down low to the left of the drivers area. If not, you can easily add house power in place of the chassis power. Run a wire from the bay under the drivers window and fuse it.
__________________
.
NATIONAL INDOOR RV CENTERS - NIRVC
Sales | Service | Indoor Storage | Wash
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration


SM Nashville 972-697-6325
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 03:37 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
tnedator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Dowdle View Post
There might be one down low to the left of the drivers area. If not, you can easily add house power in place of the chassis power. Run a wire from the bay under the drivers window and fuse it.
Thanks for info.


Wanted to just test something initially, but then if it's more stable (RV Whisper keeps locking up and suggestion was to run off 12v house batteries), planned to hard wire in half bath cabinet as I think there are 12v fuses there and that's where I wanted it located permanently.

Come to think of it, I'll be in NIRVC Nashville service in early August, so might just add that to my list!!
__________________
2019 VTDP 4369 (Spartan)
Wrangler JLU / AF1 Braking / Rock Hard Bumper
2018 Thor ACE 30.3
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 03:41 PM   #4
Member
Official iRV2 Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 647
We can do it if needed. See you next month either way.
__________________
.
NATIONAL INDOOR RV CENTERS - NIRVC
Sales | Service | Indoor Storage | Wash
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration


SM Nashville 972-697-6325
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 03:44 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
tnedator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Dowdle View Post
We can do it if needed. See you next month either way.
Unrelated question. Is there a way to test my power cord to see if it's good. The molded plug is getting hotter than I think it should. None of the prongs seem loose, but compared to my brother in laws Tiffin, the plug is dramatically hotter under load in the summer. Hard to keep your hand on it, level of hot.
__________________
2019 VTDP 4369 (Spartan)
Wrangler JLU / AF1 Braking / Rock Hard Bumper
2018 Thor ACE 30.3
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 04:33 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Country Road's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Brenham, Texas
Posts: 1,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Unrelated question. Is there a way to test my power cord to see if it's good. The molded plug is getting hotter than I think it should. None of the prongs seem loose, but compared to my brother in laws Tiffin, the plug is dramatically hotter under load in the summer. Hard to keep your hand on it, level of hot.
You’re not using an aftermarket cord that has smaller wires? Since you have a cord reel, maybe using an extension? Just a couple of thoughts.
__________________
Eddie and Jomaye, Retired
2018 Newmar Ventana 4369
2021 Jeep 4 dr Wrangler
Country Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 04:39 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
tnedator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
You’re not using an aftermarket cord that has smaller wires? Since you have a cord reel, maybe using an extension? Just a couple of thoughts.
Nope, it's the molded plug on the end of the cord reel getting hot. Plugged into a surge protector, but that's the only thing other than the cord from the reel. Two different brands of surge protectors, same result (hughes and progressive dynamics, neither cheap).
__________________
2019 VTDP 4369 (Spartan)
Wrangler JLU / AF1 Braking / Rock Hard Bumper
2018 Thor ACE 30.3
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 04:49 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
palehorse89's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Nope, it's the molded plug on the end of the cord reel getting hot. Plugged into a surge protector, but that's the only thing other than the cord from the reel. Two different brands of surge protectors, same result (hughes and progressive dynamics, neither cheap).
After my power reel failed, noticed my Black molded plug on the cord end(Little green light on it) that came on the reel from Glendinning was really hot to touch, temps went down as I felt the cord away from the plug. Cut it off and replaced it with a good quality 50 amp cord end, heat problem gone. Tried to bust the old cord end open to see the inside, couldn't break it open with a hammer! Molded right on the cord. Tossed it. Both ends of their product failed on my reel...........
__________________
2012 Essex 4544 2011 Jeep JK, M&G Braking, 2014 MTI 27' Hog Hauler, Wireless brake control, 2006 Ultra & 1989 Springer
palehorse89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 05:24 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
tnedator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
After my power reel failed, noticed my Black molded plug on the cord end(Little green light on it) that came on the reel from Glendinning was really hot to touch, temps went down as I felt the cord away from the plug. Cut it off and replaced it with a good quality 50 amp cord end, heat problem gone. Tried to bust the old cord end open to see the inside, couldn't break it open with a hammer! Molded right on the cord. Tossed it. Both ends of their product failed on my reel...........
Exactly what I have. Very hot molded end (where green light is), but the cord itself is not hot, maybe slightly warm near the molded end.
__________________
2019 VTDP 4369 (Spartan)
Wrangler JLU / AF1 Braking / Rock Hard Bumper
2018 Thor ACE 30.3
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 05:27 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
palehorse89's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Exactly what I have. Very hot molded end (where green light is), but the cord itself is not hot, maybe slightly warm near the molded end.
Its not a matter of IF , its a matter of when, cut it off and replace the end before it fails.
__________________
2012 Essex 4544 2011 Jeep JK, M&G Braking, 2014 MTI 27' Hog Hauler, Wireless brake control, 2006 Ultra & 1989 Springer
palehorse89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 05:57 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
tnedator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Its not a matter of IF , its a matter of when, cut it off and replace the end before it fails.
I have this in my bay, as I suspected I might need to cut the end off at some point. Is this a solid option? It's a Camco Powergrip 50 amp end.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

__________________
2019 VTDP 4369 (Spartan)
Wrangler JLU / AF1 Braking / Rock Hard Bumper
2018 Thor ACE 30.3
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 06:10 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
palehorse89's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
I have this in my bay, as I suspected I might need to cut the end off at some point. Is this a solid option? It's a Camco Powergrip 50 amp end.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Most likely, open it up and take a look at it construction...... I chose this one due to how it is built.......Your Camco might look the same inside, but I liked how this one sealed/gripped the cord, 4th picture.
https://www.amazon.com/RVGUARD-14-50...088CY163Q&th=1
__________________
2012 Essex 4544 2011 Jeep JK, M&G Braking, 2014 MTI 27' Hog Hauler, Wireless brake control, 2006 Ultra & 1989 Springer
palehorse89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 05:21 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Clemson's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Most likely, open it up and take a look at it construction...... I chose this one due to how it is built.......Your Camco might look the same inside, but I liked how this one sealed/gripped the cord, 4th picture.
https://www.amazon.com/RVGUARD-14-50...088CY163Q&th=1


First…why do you feel the need to replace the Glendinning plug? If it’s because an owner of a 10 year old coach felt it necessary. I would CALL Glendinning! Second…CAMCO products are cheap Chinese made crap IMO. IF you must change the plug, after consult, go with Hubbell or Glendinning…Good luck
__________________
2022 Newmar Dutch Star 4369
2018 Jeep JL Sahara Unlimited
Clemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 05:27 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
palehorse89's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemson View Post
First…why do you feel the need to replace the Glendinning plug? If it’s because an owner of a 10 year old coach felt it necessary. I would CALL Glendinning! Second…CAMCO products are cheap Chinese made crap IMO. IF you must change the plug, after consult, go with Hubbell or Glendinning…Good luck
If you read back, the plug's are extremely hot to touch, can't keep hand on them, telling me something is wrong inside the molded plug! Thats why.
Cut off molded plug, installed new one and heat problem gone.
I guess if his is under warranty, he could call them, I could of but chose to do away with their product's. $305.00 = shipping for a new cord(No problem with cord) with molded plug on end!
Just posted this morning, looks like a Camco plug! https://www.irv2.com/forums/f298/sho...ml#post6237025
__________________
2012 Essex 4544 2011 Jeep JK, M&G Braking, 2014 MTI 27' Hog Hauler, Wireless brake control, 2006 Ultra & 1989 Springer
palehorse89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
12v, batteries, house batteries, vent, ventana



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
On-off on off on off off off rear view camera Bahcml Newmar Owner's Forum 5 08-12-2019 10:44 PM
Do 12v outlets pull from chassis or house batteries? QuantumLeap Fleetwood Owner's Forum 7 10-11-2016 10:50 AM
Ventana 4369 or Dutch Star 4369 glester99 Newmar Owner's Forum 4 10-09-2016 08:38 PM
12V cigarette lighter plugs run off house or chassis batteries? nomad10th Fleetwood Owner's Forum 5 06-19-2016 10:28 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.