RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2020, 02:21 PM   #1

2020 BS 3226 Kitchen slide rear bottom rubbing

I just noticed this today--it wasn't this way a few days ago. I looked thru 007's excellent thread. Most of the info is for FWS, and older slides. Our 3226 is not quite a FWS--it stops forward of the bedroom, and it has the residential frig almost at the rear. We have not even used this rig yet--planning to leave this Tues--but that's not gonna happen.

We have always extended the levelers before extending the slides. I checked them today with my 2' level--front to back is perfect, side to side is just a hair higher on the curb side--the bubbel is just touching the line. I have not extended the slide since I noticed this, nor have I looked up under the basements. After sending pix to my dealer, they called and told me to bring the rig in Mon >9am and they would look at it, but not fix it. So I will drive 120 miles for them to look at it!

Can anyone provide me info on what is required to raise the bottom rear corner. All the vertical spacing looks even. I copied the Slideout Alignment Measurement form, which I will fill out.

thanks for any help
Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dinette Rear Bottom spacing.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	413.4 KB
ID:	274468   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dinette Rear Bottom corner trim.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	447.6 KB
ID:	274469  

rondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2020, 04:21 PM   #2

The roller that the slide moves along has either broken or has sunk into the floor. You either need to have the roller replaced or raise it with a spacer. Mine had sunk into the floor and the factory raised the roller, but that only lasted a month. My solution was to add a piece of plywood under the slide so that the slide is lifted as it comes in. Mine is 1/4" thick and you can see where the roller sits in this photo, taken from underneath with the coach on the left.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0021a.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	393.2 KB
ID:	274487  

Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 05:09 PM   #3

THANK YOU John. My problem is the floor is screwed up thru angle iron into whatever the flooring is--particle board?? It looks like they ran out of screws or they busted off. This rig is too new for them to be rusted like on another post today. Maybe the screwheads broke. I do not remember driving over a pot hole or big bump on the last drive to the tire shop (see my recent post on the TPMS thread).

I have some flat 1/8" aluminum plate I could use over in that area and screw the plate under the angle which would put the weight from the roller on the aluminum plate & the angle. Any suggestions?
Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Kitchen slide floor loosened.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	450.8 KB
ID:	274492  
Old 02-08-2020, 01:59 PM   #4

I'm the op, Those screws are 1/2" self taping--3/8" worth of thread, I can see the point of the screw and it isn't even touching the subfloor. Not gonna do anything! I replaced 2 of the most rear ones with 1 1/2" self taping and screwed into the metal above the subfloor at the highest torque setting my drill would do--next to the drill setting. That was the suggestion of my RV dealer. It did nothing to resolve the problem. There is a hard rubber spacer between the sub floor and the angle at the very rear--so I'd have to remove that to get it tight. Monday I'm going to my dealer for them to look at it and try to fix it. They have a 2020 BS 3226 on the lot--so perhaps we can compare. It looks more and more the rear roller needs adjusting or ???
Old 02-08-2020, 03:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondi View Post
I just noticed this today--it wasn't this way a few days ago. I looked thru 007's excellent thread. Most of the info is for FWS, and older slides. Our 3226 is not quite a FWS--it stops forward of the bedroom, and it has the residential frig almost at the rear. We have not even used this rig yet--planning to leave this Tues--but that's not gonna happen.

We have always extended the levelers before extending the slides. I checked them today with my 2' level--front to back is perfect, side to side is just a hair higher on the curb side--the bubbel is just touching the line. I have not extended the slide since I noticed this, nor have I looked up under the basements. After sending pix to my dealer, they called and told me to bring the rig in Mon >9am and they would look at it, but not fix it. So I will drive 120 miles for them to look at it!

Can anyone provide me info on what is required to raise the bottom rear corner. All the vertical spacing looks even. I copied the Slideout Alignment Measurement form, which I will fill out.
I'm gotta admit it's a confusing issue but I was told by NIRVC sales person that you slides are to be out and brought in the at ride height. That's before leveling when going out and raising the Jack's and starting the engine and airing up to ride height. That also was what Newmar said, but the tech said to visually look at the corners before you extend to make sure they are squared and,if not,try leveling first to see if it is square. He then said bring them back in the same way you extended them.
thanks for any help
Ron
Doesn't the manual say slides are to be brought in and deployed at ride height?
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 05:02 PM   #6

Rev--you fixed another problem--thanks. I just went up and retracted the levelers and extended the slide a bit, retracted it and no more rubbing under the fascia, but there is under the angled trim piece--but the trim is no longer pulled away. Using my 2' level--the rear is now just a bit higher--the bubble is just outside the rear line--so not much difference--but not as "perfect" was it was with the levelers extended. If I were on an incline, which sometimes we are--I would think I should level first--but that's a subject for another time

The manual I have is a generic manual--has directions for air bags and FWS. Really very little for gassers. This rig is not a FWS. Reading between the lines--I don't think it mentions specifically about the levelers with no FWS. The general opinion here I think is: IF you extend the levelers then extend the slide, retract the slide before retracting the levelers and visa versa.

I can now get the last page of a tablet--the thin cardboard all the way to the rear. The forward portion of the raised bottom has noticeably more revel than does the rear. I have problems with the other 2 slides and they will get adjusted,. as will this one, when we return from our winter break.

I'm really happy you replied--thanks,
Ron
Old 02-09-2020, 10:34 AM   #7

I was told by the dealership that all "flush mounted" slides are to be brought in and out at ride height. They also included Entegras in the same way.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 04:55 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Not sure you have duel motors for this kitchen slide which has software adjustment control.
I would let dealer handle it they should know and let them handle problem, fulling with it may cause more of a problem, its under warranty.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 08:15 PM   #9

I took it to the dealers Monday as they advised Sat. They called about 3pm, said come pick it up it is fixed. I asked what they did to fix it and said they "adjusted the slide". She also said Newmar told them how to fix it. I just went and looked under the slide. If you scroll up and look at the pix under the slide with the angle iron and the 1/2" screws with the points showing and not even making contact with the subfloor. They added about 6 screws thru the angle into the subfloor--perhaps into the metal above the floor. They must have jacked up the rear frame of the slide to push the angle up to the subfloor to add the screws. The subfloor is now tight against the angle. So we are finally on our way south to see green grass again

Tags
slide