Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2020, 09:00 AM   #1

2020 Dutchstar

Will picking up my coach (finally) early next week. Have not seen the Newmar black bag in coach. My question is what should I be receiving in the the black bag as well as how many remotes should be included. I have the McD shades and girard awnings.
Thank you
Guidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2020, 09:27 AM   #2

I had manuals and warranty cards for all appliances plus the same for the chassis, engine and transmission. The generator manual was on a CD (who uses CDs anymore!!!) and there was no manual for the Girard awnings. Lastly, there was a Newmar manual that covered nearly everything, some stuff in detail and other stuff that had their own manual at a high level.

I think I had 6 remotes. One Universal that was an option, two for each TV, two more for the DVD players and one for the Bose sound bar.
Tilzbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 09:35 AM   #3

Congratulations on your new rig. Inside the big black bag on our 2015-VTDP 3636 was the owners/user docs for the components such as dash radio, fridge, microwave, washer/dryer, etc. The coach came with way too many remotes. I don’t use any of them other than the tv remote.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:39 AM   #4
jrs

Good luck with your rig! We received two for the TV's (3 total/one outside) and two for the soundbars.
jrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 06:37 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Congrats with the new coach.

One evening when I was bored, I went through the black bag. Since I have four Sony TV's, it came with four Sony manuals. Three got tossed. All other duplicates and literature I knew I would never use, got tossed.

There are some manuals like Oasis, that I put in a smaller folder along with technical printouts I keep handy (like fuse locations). That folder I keep inside the coach. The black bag goes in a bay.

There is one item in that bag, a black nylon allen wrench about the size of a pencil. It's for adjusting the limit switches on the Girard awnings. I keep that with specialized tools in the coach.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 06:54 PM   #6

The reason I ask about the black bag is because I didn’t see it when I walk thru the coach. I was told they keep them locked up. This coach sat at dealer for at least 6 months so who knows if they have it I will find out next week if they get replacement window for emergency door which is due Monday.

2020 Dutchstar 3709
Guidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidol View Post
The reason I ask about the black bag is because I didn’t see it when I walk thru the coach. I was told they keep them locked up. This coach sat at dealer for at least 6 months so who knows if they have it I will find out next week if they get replacement window for emergency door which is due Monday.

2020 Dutchstar 3709

If the coach sat for six months with no power to it I would be concerned about the batteries being bad. If you haven’t closed the deal I would consider making your purchase contingent on the dealer replacing the coach batteries.

2016 DSDP 4369, Freightliner Chassis, AF One brake system, 2016 Chevy Equinox
Tigerfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 10:58 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidol View Post

2020 Dutchstar 3709

Most auto dealers remove manuals from gloveboxs too.
Not at all uncommon.

Tags
dutchstar