Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2019, 06:16 AM   #15

Newmar is annoying with their bunk floorplans, they change them almost yearly at this point, disappointed in the Cayonstar 3723 going away and the Baystar 3419, both great single bath bunk floor plans that where at the top of my list. Will be interesting to see new bunk options, but would prefer some stability in floorplan for a few years at least.

All the bunks seem to be moving toward bath and half / two bath longer floorplans. Would love to see shorter single bath options, and if its a bath and a half don't put the shower in back where everyone has to go through the master to get to it.

No mention of new F53 Gas chassis yet.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2019, 06:18 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm still waiting to see better home office setups. The dinette option is a good start but we need a dedicated desk/chair combination as I've seen in other brands.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:14 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
I'm still waiting to see better home office setups. The dinette option is a good start but we need a dedicated desk/chair combination as I've seen in other brands.
This is one thing I really love about my Vista and you don't really get in front entry DP's. I have a built in desk in the dash for the passenger, after having this I could not do without I can work with the Wife driving going down the road while still helping navigate and when stopped its my little office separated enough that I can work without being disturbed or get in the way at the dinette and usually have a great view out the front window too:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vi-workstation-18.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	241442

I think Newmar does a fold out desk attached to chair on some front entry DP's I know Winnebago does, but its really not as good as its usually smaller and flimsier.

So for me I want a mid entry for both the door under main awning and desk up front which means gas or one of the few mid entry diesels like the Palazzo. Wish Newmar would do a mid-entry diesel.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:22 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I would need something ergonomic that I can sit at a desk for 8 hours. A proper height desk, ergo chair, etc. Keep in mind some of us work on the road, I'm not retired, I got the RV to have an office with varying and better views.

I don't want to post a picture so as not to derail this thread with an image of a non-Newmar item but look at this Newell coach about 8 pictures in and see the recliner and desk combo setup. A dedicated desk with chair is what I'm after.

https://www.newellcoach.com/default....=xNewInventory

The table actually looks like it would be too high. I think the answer to this problem would be pulling the love seat such as in my coach and having a custom table/desk installed. Won't happen in this coach most likely due to the bump up underneath for the slide motor but maybe in the future, then again in the future I hope to be retired and not need this! So maybe I will consider something now. Okay, putting down the keyboard...
Old 04-10-2019, 07:51 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
I would need something ergonomic that I can sit at a desk for 8 hours. A proper height desk, ergo chair, etc. Keep in mind some of us work on the road, I'm not retired, I got the RV to have an office with varying and better views.

I don't want to post a picture so as not to derail this thread with an image of a non-Newmar item but look at this Newell coach about 8 pictures in and see the recliner and desk combo setup. A dedicated desk with chair is what I'm after.

https://www.newellcoach.com/default....=xNewInventory

The table actually looks like it would be too high. I think the answer to this problem would be pulling the love seat such as in my coach and having a custom table/desk installed. Won't happen in this coach most likely due to the bump up underneath for the slide motor but maybe in the future, then again in the future I hope to be retired and not need this! So maybe I will consider something now. Okay, putting down the keyboard...
I am not retired either and have worked many hours on the road, my Vista desk works great it just about the right height large and I can adjust the passenger chair which is pretty comfortable, it also has 12v power, USB, and 120v right there, I run my laptop off USB-C from a 12v adapter. Not that it couldn't done better if someone really focused on making a great desk setup with power adjustable passenger chair and adjustable desk.

If you have a longer coach then a dedicated desk in the back is feasible but honestly I prefer the passenger location with mid entry, more isolated and better view, I can put the arm rest down and the kids and dogs horsing around don't bother me as much . This also makes up for the space lost in a mid entry, giving basically a mini office up front and you can still spin the chair around when you want the extra living seating.

The Palazzo has a good setup too, their desk is even larger and pops up higher, I am sure someone like Newmar could make it better:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	241447

If Newmar copied a 33.5 Palazzo floorplan including dash workstation in a Newaire I'd be sold although I'd be happy with a Baystar, just trying to give them ideas for 2021 .
Old 04-10-2019, 07:53 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I do need to try my desk at the passenger seat with the laptop. I did use it once with lake view out the front. I just keep forgetting it’s there
Old 04-10-2019, 08:55 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
WOW! New Aire has the few holes that we found fixed! Almost every change we thought was needed has been made on the new35’ model with the 450 hp diesel and other changes.
WOW! So the waiting was worth it. Bigger fuel tank and my Anthem engine! King size bed too. I can't wait to see them and go to the "other side."
navychop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:34 AM   #22

Anybody have any pricing info on the Dutch Star? Approx percentage increase over last year etc. I am also anxiously waiting to know what the adaptive cruise package will cost.
CentILRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:49 AM   #23

Our dealer told us we'd be back in a couple of years to upgrade to a Ventana.

More likely we'll be back to upgrade to a new Bay Star. Honestly, the only thing that would keep us from upgrading is I want to see what they're going to add in 2021 and beyond. Love that Newmar keeps upgrading and improving, though I admit I've got 2020 BS envy
Old 04-10-2019, 10:55 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan McMartin View Post
Our dealer told us we'd be back in a couple of years to upgrade to a Ventana.

More likely we'll be back to upgrade to a new Bay Star. Honestly, the only thing that would keep us from upgrading is I want to see what they're going to add in 2021 and beyond. Love that Newmar keeps upgrading and improving, though I admit I've got 2020 BS envy
I would imagine the 2021's will be getting the new F53 chassis with 7.3L gas and 10 speed transmission. Be real interesting to see what people think of 400-450hp in a gas MH.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:06 AM   #25

Foretravel Owners Club
I'm still 2 years away. I'm glad I have time to see all the options become standard. I do like that the gas models will have a 2000 watt inverter instead of two 1200 watt ones when you option for two inverters. Maybe it will mean all the outlets will powered off the inverter. Also you can get 6 batteries also. Of course I would upgrade the batteries with true 6 volt deep cycle batteries. I also like that the 36 foot Bay Star will be sitting on a 26k chassis. Saves money on the specials. 2021 can't come soon enough!

I'm glad that they got rid of the Whirlpool washer/dryer and went with the Splendid model. I'm sure all the folks coming in to get there Whirlpools fixed was another reason they swapped them out.
06smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 11:33 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06smokey View Post
I do like that the gas models will have a 2000 watt inverter instead of two 1200 watt ones when you option for two inverters. Maybe it will mean all the outlets will powered off the inverter. Also you can get 6 batteries also. Of course I would upgrade the batteries with true 6 volt deep cycle batteries.
Read that stuff closer. If you order 2 or more options with the 1200 watt inverter, they will upgrade to the 2000 watt AND replace the crappy 12v batteries with 6v deep cycles.

I'd have been all over that if they offered it in 2018. We just replaced our 4 12v batteries that came with our residential fridge option with lithium batteries. Those 12v marine batteries just aren't up to the task of full time living. If we'd had started with four 6v batteries, we'd probably still be running them and would be for several years to come.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:54 AM   #27

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan McMartin View Post
Read that stuff closer. If you order 2 or more options with the 1200 watt inverter, they will upgrade to the 2000 watt AND replace the crappy 12v batteries with 6v deep cycles.

I'd have been all over that if they offered it in 2018. We just replaced our 4 12v batteries that came with our residential fridge option with lithium batteries. Those 12v marine batteries just aren't up to the task of full time living. If we'd had started with four 6v batteries, we'd probably still be running them and would be for several years to come.

Well Dan you are correct. That saves me even more money. I saw that you replaced yours with Lithium. Good job on the the install.
06smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:18 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentILRVer View Post
Anybody have any pricing info on the Dutch Star? Approx percentage increase over last year etc. I am also anxiously waiting to know what the adaptive cruise package will cost.
I worry that driving a motorhome with adaptive cruise is more of a hassle than help. Every car that cuts you off as you are cruising along at 65-70 mph will cause the system to freak out and apply the breaks. I’m amazed with how many cars figure once they are clear of a motorhome then obviously they can come in your lane regardless of distance.