RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2019, 12:47 AM   #1

2020 Kountry Star and Ventana

I was at Independence RV in Winter Garden today and saw both a 2020 Ventana and Kountry Star. The Ventana LE is no more - the Kountry Star has replaced it. It has new front cap and end caps. The chrome trim is basically gone. Newmar will only offer 360 engines in 2020 also. No more 340's!

What really got my attention was the Ventana changes. New front and rear caps. Reminded me of the 19 Dutch Stars. It also has expensive awnings built in like all the high line Newmar Diesels. It had a new interior that really looked high end as well. New ceiling vents padded and mirrored - again more like a very high end coach. Finally some cabinetry that is very modern looking - it was kind of white wash look - and new design- but it looked fantastic with the upholstered furniture. The price is up almost $20K over the 19's. But it includes the $10K awnings in that price. Also the new upholstered furniture was very nice - again more like Dutch Star quality.

The Ventana only offers two exterior color choices - Independence had the darker base colors- brown and gold oriented - looked very nice!

Independence got the coaches because the dealer show was held at the Gaylord Palms in Kissimmee this year. I was told that the Ventana coaches less than 40 feet will still have the 360 engine in it. I assume Newmar was afraid if they offered the larger engine they would hurt the Dutch Sales a lot. I had made a deal on a 2018 4369 - but after seeing this coach- I may have to re-think that purchase. But I'm pretty sure the 2020 will cost at least $40K more than the 2018 at this point.

Unfortunately, I didn't see the coaches with slides extended and I only had 5 minutes to see both of them. Independence will be putting them on their website very soon.

Travels safe everyone and enjoy the lifestyle in one of the best brands on the market - the absolute best in my opinion!

Gamaliel Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2019, 07:24 AM   #2

Thanks for the preview! Interesting changes for sure. The awning upgrade would be nice.

FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 08:17 AM   #3

Wanted to give Newmar credit for one other change - they may actually listen to us - lols! I had complained and written Newmar about how tight the mattresses fitted against the slides in the bedrooms. As an older person I bruised, peeled skin and bleed on shirts many times trying to make the bed. Newmar listened and made a fix attempt- they did exactly what I suggested - the mattresses on the beds now have one inch more clearance on both sides between the slide. Most people should be able to make the bed look "made' now! Thanks for listening to all of us that noted this issue and complained about it!
Gamaliel Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 10:23 AM   #4

I do agree the Nova awnings look nice. Not good in any wind, but they do look nice. Not worth the 10k IMHO, but they do look nice.....
Proverbs 3: 5-6
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:28 PM   #5

Foretravel Owners Club
So RV One has prices up on there website for the 2020 Ventana. It looks like prices are $20k more than last year. I don't know why they would make the Girard awnings standard when last year it wasn't even an option. I know they made the fiberglass roof standard. Also the all electric option is $2k more than last year. I guess with the new looks of the Ventana, they had to get there money. I might be priced out of a Ventana when it comes time to buy. They don't have the option list for the Kountry Star yet.
06smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamaliel Kid View Post
Finally some cabinetry that is very modern looking - it was kind of white wash look - and new design- but it looked fantastic with the upholstered furniture.
Gamaliel kid, I think that cabinetry you saw is the new 'Glacier Maple'. Any chance you took a photo of it? I've been trying to find a better picture of it than the one I have.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:55 AM   #7

Woo hoo! The Kountry Star is back!
Old 04-16-2019, 04:29 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Thumbs up

What rlott2k posted.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:15 PM   #9
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinfla View Post
I do agree the Nova awnings look nice. Not good in any wind, but they do look nice. Not worth the 10k IMHO, but they do look nice.....
Jim....When I was ordering my coach, I was going to pass on the Nova awnings as I thought $10K was excessive, but there is more to it than just the awnings. First, you get a second awning on the passenger side. All the slide toppers are Girard and completely encased. They're a much sturdier material and don't sag. The door awning is also a Girard. Lastly, they also install three powered window awnings.

Once the above was explained to me, I thought it was a pretty good deal.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:25 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Jim....When I was ordering my coach, I was going to pass on the Nova awnings as I thought $10K was excessive, but there is more to it than just the awnings. First, you get a second awning on the passenger side. All the slide toppers are Girard and completely encased. They're a much sturdier material and don't sag. The door awning is also a Girard. Lastly, they also install three powered window awnings.

Once the above was explained to me, I thought it was a pretty good deal.
Had it been explained to me like that, Don, I might not have passed on that option.

TJ

Tags
vent, ventana