2020 New Air 3545 thoughts?
We stopped at Freedom RV in Tucson today to “just look”. We’re considering downsizing a bit from our ‘18 DSDP 4362, and looked at Canyon Stars and Ventanas, but were grabbed by the bells and whistles on the New Air 3545, new for ‘20. I have some concerns and would appreciate input from those more knowledgeable than I.
1. The engine seems to be the same 450 as is in my DS. True? I assume the transmission is the Allison 3000?
2. The sales woman explained the lack of an engine braking control by saying “it’s automatic”. Does that mean it is just one “setting”instead of the three I have now? I use the “Jake Brake” vigorously, but never leave it on all the time. This new one cannot, evidently, be turned off and on as conditions dictate.
3. General subjective question/opinion: the floor plan is, of course, completely foreign to us, but we’re moving from full timing to long timing and a smaller coach makes sense. Anyone out there dealt with this scenario after 7+ years of fulltiming?
4. The early New Air models had many, many problems. Have those, for the most part, been ironed out?
5. The new Freightliner steering wheel is interesting! Anyone had difficulty getting accustomed to it?
6. Here’s a late entry: the large windows in the “living room” are fixed...will not open! Can this be changed to something that opens? Even a little bit?
Thanks for info and opinions!