Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2019, 10:37 AM   #1

2020 New Aire update

As many of you know we sold our 2019 New Aire 3343 in April and ordered a 2020 New Aire 3543. Despite Newmar saying we could get it around July 16 we still do not have it and don’t expect it to ship until next week! I am learning that Newmar is typically missing off line dates, some by over two weeks. This is frustrating because we have missed the summer and may not get it by Labor Day. So, just a heads up, if you order a Newmar don’t make plans until you see it arrive. As they add more diversity to the line(a new super C and now the Kountry Star diesel) this will likely get worse. Still a good coach and I hope this dilution will not drag quality down. Ok rant over, back to the good stuff. Still excited to get the 3543 with the big engine and king bed in a 35 ft package.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2019, 11:18 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Congrat's on purchasing a new 2020 New Aire. Hopefully the delivery delay is because Newmar is assuring your new coach will be trouble free!

With regards to your Kountry Star comment, it is not a new motorhome in Newmar's product line. Rather, the Kountry Star is a re-brand of the Ventana LE model. My understanding is since the Ventana was redesigned for 2020, the Ventana and Ventana LE can no longer share significant components (such as the front and rear caps). Thus Newmar changed the Ventana LE name to Kountry Star.
fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 12:37 PM   #3

Thanks! Did not realize that!
Old 08-23-2019, 05:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fagnaml View Post

With regards to your Kountry Star comment, it is not a new motorhome in Newmar's product line. Rather, the Kountry Star is a re-brand of the Ventana LE model. My understanding is since the Ventana was redesigned for 2020, the Ventana and Ventana LE can no longer share significant components (such as the front and rear caps). Thus Newmar changed the Ventana LE name to Kountry Star.
and not that anyone cares about my opinion on this re-branding of the ventana LE to Kountry Star, which is bringing back an old name from the past, but i'm gonna give it anyways !

this, to me, just shows how clueless the newmar marketing department is...of all the possible names, they went with kountry star....not a forward looking name change at all....about as out of sync with the times as possible.....not sure what they were thinking here.... it's an entry level DP....a large part of the segment they are after are younger people....kountry star ain't inspiring, that's for sure....i thought they were making strides to freshen up and modernize things from a marketing perspective (like the new aire, and the original new aire was way ahead of it's time)....this is going backwards...

anyways, off rant....
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 05:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by willipaul View Post
and not that anyone cares about my opinion on this re-branding of the ventana LE to Kountry Star, which is bringing back an old name from the past, but i'm gonna give it anyways !

this, to me, just shows how clueless the newmar marketing department is...of all the possible names, they went with kountry star....not a forward looking name change at all....about as out of sync with the times as possible.....not sure what they were thinking here.... it's an entry level DP....a large part of the segment they are after are younger people....kountry star ain't inspiring, that's for sure....i thought they were making strides to freshen up and modernize things from a marketing perspective (like the new aire, and the original new aire was way ahead of it's time)....this is going backwards...

anyways, off rant....
Should’ve called it the Avocado Toast Star....
Mapnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 04:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapnerd View Post
Should’ve called it the Avocado Toast Star....
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 05:44 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Hi willipaul,
We do not agree. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Bringing back the Kountry Star name was an excellent choice. The KS sold well before and it will sell well now.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 07:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi willipaul,
We do not agree. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Bringing back the Kountry Star name was an excellent choice. The KS sold well before and it will sell well now.
Not to speak for willipaul, but I think all he was saying is that the name doesn’t necessarily align with the preferred optics and aesthetics of the demographic Newmar is trying to capture with the KS.

Will it sell? Oh yeah. They’ll sell them all, like they always do. I think the philosophical point that willipaul is making is, to who?

Personally, I’m not too convinced that Newmar is actually trying to catch the younger crowd yet. I’m only 33 which I would consider to be a younger fella in this particular market. By no means do I find Newmar’s ugly. I mean, I bought one after all. However, the much younger crowd seems to prefer more modern interior design. I think Winnebago is more on the right track there for attracting younger crowds through design.

For Newmar, I think it will be a slow and methodical transition. They sell every last one of their coaches so they ain’t hurting and a radical redesign would just alienate and turn off their existing customer base.

What’s in a name, anyway?
Old 08-24-2019, 07:49 AM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
One of the big changes the new KS has over the previous VLE is it now has the same engine and transmission as the V, 360HP and Allison 3000. The VLE had 340 HP and the Allison 2500 that limited towing capacity to 5,000 pounds. A major improvement!
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 07:52 AM   #10

I am 37 and just bought a 2019 Ventana 4037. We almost switched at the last minute to the 2020 Ventana 4369 because the interior is way more modern. The square countertops were a big plus but we ultimately decided for our first coach to conserve on price. On our next coach which we will likely order to build we will definitely pick something with more modern finishes. Seems like Newmar is trying to go a little more modern.
Benjaminw675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 10:52 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjaminw675 View Post
I am 37 and just bought a 2019 Ventana 4037. We almost switched at the last minute to the 2020 Ventana 4369 because the interior is way more modern. The square countertops were a big plus but we ultimately decided for our first coach to conserve on price. On our next coach which we will likely order to build we will definitely pick something with more modern finishes. Seems like Newmar is trying to go a little more modern.
True. I am happy about the new squared off counter edge profile. I think its going to look fantastic. It’s going to be little touches like that for Newmar
Old 08-24-2019, 12:47 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Stuart

The 40 foot VLE had the 360 with a 3000 Allison. Previous coach was a 2016 VLE 4044.
Switt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 04:57 PM   #13

Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switt View Post
Stuart

The 40 foot VLE had the 360 with a 3000 Allison. Previous coach was a 2016 VLE 4044.

Yes that is correct, I was referring to the non tags. I should have been more specific
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 05:37 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The 40 foot VLE is a non tag axle.
Switt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air