RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2019, 11:21 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
2020 Ventana

Just seen a video on the 2020 Ventana. Wowza only 3 main differences that I saw from video.
1) FWS is still electric and carpet on side.
2) Rear radiator.
3) Did not notice 365 tire on front.

Saying all this, for 2020 this seems like the most MH for the money.
I am sure others will know of more differences...

lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2019, 12:00 PM   #2

There are a lot more difference then just the ones you mentioned. Each models have different items that are for that coach. Very few Newmar coaches have the 365 front tire which is for the 19 and 20 K front axle. That's why Newmar has coaches from 150K to 950K price range. LA cost over twice as much as Ventana's.
Newmar Man

tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 01:15 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakebuster View Post
Just seen a video on the 2020 Ventana. Wowza only 3 main differences that I saw from video.
2) Rear radiator.

Yes, I think the Ventana wins "most improved" in 2020 and is going to be a top seller for the year. Rear radiator is a huge plus, you gain a nice storage compartment in place of the side radiator. Electric slide is fine, works great, it's proven. All slides have their issues electric or hydraulic, can't say one is better than the other from what I've seen around here. Don't need the big tire for this weight.

And the carpet is actually nice at the dinette as others around here seem to have issues with their cold feet They spent all their money on the big wheel coach and can't afford slippers. I started a foundation to supply slippers as I feel bad for them. I know I know, but I just like to help.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:40 PM   #4

2020 VTDP also got a digital dash. No more comfort drive knob, it’s all controlled via the dash screen and steering wheel controls now.

Got the same 2” basement height increase as the DSDP also.

I do despise the carpet though.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:27 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
my cold feet at the dinette are only an issue because the stark contrast of how warm they are everywhere else.

Sitting on my throne, I just smile at how warm my feet are

So when I leave the throne room and arrive at the breakfast table, I would expect the same level of comfort. Maybe I just need to change where I sit for my food .....thinking the drivers seat may be the right place.

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
my cold feet at the dinette are only an issue because the stark contrast of how warm they are everywhere else.

Sitting on my throne, I just smile at how warm my feet are

So when I leave the throne room and arrive at the breakfast table, I would expect the same level of comfort. Maybe I just need to change where I sit for my food .....thinking the drivers seat may be the right place.

just make sure the seat is swiveled backwards, and all the way forward !

passengers seat is better, IMHO......
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:43 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Even the 2020 DutchStars only have 365 front tires on the 43 foot models.

2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan!
2017 Jeep Wrangler Smoky Mountain
2016 Canyon Star 3710 SOLD
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Yes, I think the Ventana wins "most improved" in 2020 and is going to be a top seller for the year. Rear radiator is a huge plus, you gain a nice storage compartment in place of the side radiator. Electric slide is fine, works great, it's proven. All slides have their issues electric or hydraulic, can't say one is better than the other from what I've seen around here. Don't need the big tire for this weight.

And the carpet is actually nice at the dinette as others around here seem to have issues with their cold feet They spent all their money on the big wheel coach and can't afford slippers. I started a foundation to supply slippers as I feel bad for them. I know I know, but I just like to help.
Hey Neil. I hope your travels and Ventana are treating you well! I see some of these things a bit differently having previously owned a 2016 Ventana 4322 and traded that for a 2019 Dutch Star 4328.

Losing the rear driver side storage capacity for a side radiator is no big deal as you end up with the benefits of a side radiator. There is so much storage in the other cargo bays it hasn't created a deficit. I now have 8 AGM batteries and am able to safely store everything that was in that small storage compartment where the radiator is, to the right and left of the battery pull out tray. The AGM batteries are sealed with no or minimal off gasing like with wet cell batteries and the compartment has zero rust. My Ventana battery compartment was a mess with rust and is a constant maintenance item.

We are also very happy to be rid of all carpet in the coach as we enjoy the benefits of heated floors throughout the entire coach, all the time. I don't know what Newmar chose to not put heated floors under the table but a $9.00 throw rug fixed that problem pretty quickly. No cold feet here. The other advantage of the heated floors is they heat the coach. We have been in our coach at 42 with all three zones on low, and it has kept the coach at 68 degrees all night. My friend has a Dutch Star and he uses his heated floors on high to heat the coach down to 35 degrees. Only at 35 degrees does he engage his Oasis for heat. So having heated floor has actually been a pleasant surprise in terms of the benefits besides warm feet on a cold day.

Its interesting that you reference the big tire as the 365s up front, if that is what you are talking about, are awesome. The ride of the Dutch Star is much better as a result of three things: the big 365 up front just are wide and smooth and handle the rough roads with more stability, the air suspension is bigger and better so it is smoother as well, and the independent front suspension offers a much better ride as well.

We loved our Ventana and it was a great coach. I still think it is the best value on the Newmar lineup. It rode great and treated us very well. The 2020 iteration of the Ventana is the best ever, a Dutch Star in disguise from 4 or 5 years ago. But after owning both, the Dutch Star has some significant advantages should they be important to you and the cost difference is affordable and justifiable for your situation.

As always you bring up some great points and I just waned to share some thoughts from may experience with both coaches. Safe travels.
snowhawk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:21 PM   #9

I have always thought the Ventana was the most bang for the buck in the whole Newmar lineup. I have never owned one personally but the ones I have seen at shows and dealers were always quite nice. I believe if I had a Ventana instead of a BayStar as our first coach I probably wouldn't have upgraded as quickly as we did.
Jtrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 12:40 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakebuster View Post
2) Rear radiator.

I feel the same way. I have owned a Mountain Gaser, Dutch Star, Ventana LE and will be picking up a 4369 Ventana next week that I ordered. A.fter looking at all the coaches I personally couldn't see the price difference for the Dutch and above. Many things you get on the bigger coaches are things most people don't want. The basic box and even the cabinetry is similar. My Mountain Aire and Dutch Stars were both excellent coaches. The LE was ok, but I feel the Ventana, model 4369 - is going to be better than any of them. My Dutch was a 2006, LE was 2016.

I really liked the new makeover and upgrades. I ended up paying $20 K more for my 2020 than I could have bought a brand new 2018 for. The prices are up - but not as much as you may think- as Newmar included so many previous upgrades as standard - which is smart for resale value with most dealers! Plus the new chassis from Freightliner is a huge upgrade - at least in principle! Comparatively equipped Ventana is $85K less than the Dutch Star - plus I have no problem and actually personally prefer the carpeted areas to the all tile floors. I just toured the factory and the Dutch is still their bread and butter, but I'm sure Ventana is going to be closing the gap. My new Ventana cost almost $100K more than my 2006 Dutch did. The Dutch Retail was $280 in 2006, the 2020 Ventana is $385K. But the Ventana has an extra half bath, much better appliances, more TV's, a tag axle, the hydronic heat system and I also upgraded to AGM batteries. Also the Ventana has Comfort Drive and the Dutch didn't. After driving the 2016 LE I can't understand why anyone would ever buy a coach without comfort drive - the difference is not night and day- it is much more! Just drive one for only 4 hours and you will see a difference - if you drive a full day - 8 hours - it is unbelieveably better for the driver!

Gamaliel Kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent, ventana