Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2020, 05:23 PM   #1
UAV

2021 Canyon Star

Hey All...

Well, we are back in the market for our next coach even with all of the craziness out there. Not in any rush but getting close now. Almost went with a New Aire but just don't want to go that high on price.

Anyway, could not find any threads on the new Canyon Star on IRV2 so thought I would ask everybody. I have seen the Newmar videos and other things on YouTube, etc. but nothing else.

The toy hauler (for bicycles and animals, not cars or four wheelers) seems to be checking a lot of boxes: Mainly price point and usefulness.

I am compromising with my dear wife, of course. I want shorter, she wants more space.

Any news, information you might have would be most helpful. Are or have you ordered one?

Without the dealer shows this year it has been tough to find anything very useful.

Most important to me is if this coach would do well in all seasons and if the FRED up front makes for a noisy drive. I am in the Rocky Mountains and as some of you know, it can be 50 or 60 degrees during the day and then teens at night. And the extra power/torque of the diesel engine doesn't hurt.

None to test drive near me, either.

Any input appreciated.

Thanks!
UAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2020, 09:33 PM   #2

Test drove a CS and a Tiffin RED at Trans West in Frederick, CO when I was in the market. DP and comfort drive would be nice but couldn't justify the additional cost. I don't travel far from where I store. Yes, the engine up front is noisy. Esp. going down grades. I accept it for what it is. A gasser. Saw the numbers crunched years ago for diesel vs. gasser for maintenance, etc. in a year. It looked like a wash.

Money aside, I believe it comes down to lifestyle. If you plan to put mileage on your MH, a diesel will be great getting you there. You might start with a CS and see how that goes. Another owner here had a CS and sold it for a (I think) Dutch Star. (Boy those sure are nice!)
Old 05-22-2020, 06:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leland0311 View Post
Test drove a CS and a Tiffin RED at Trans West in Frederick, CO when I was in the market. DP and comfort drive would be nice but couldn't justify the additional cost. I don't travel far from where I store. Yes, the engine up front is noisy. Esp. going down grades. I accept it for what it is. A gasser. Saw the numbers crunched years ago for diesel vs. gasser for maintenance, etc. in a year. It looked like a wash.

Money aside, I believe it comes down to lifestyle. If you plan to put mileage on your MH, a diesel will be great getting you there. You might start with a CS and see how that goes. Another owner here had a CS and sold it for a (I think) Dutch Star. (Boy those sure are nice!)
The OP is referring to the 2021 Canyon Star. For 2021, all Canyon Stars are front engine diesel units. There are no more gas Canyon Stars.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:16 AM   #4

Here is a post from Mount Comfort RV on the 2021 Newmars

https://www.mountcomfortrv.com/2021-...roduct-Preview

2006 Tow-Buddy (AKA Hitch-Buddy)
Billd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canyon star