RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2021, 04:30 AM   #127

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccafire View Post
Our Ventana was supposed to come off the line today but didn't. We were told it was not quite complete. Waiting to see what the hold up is still.
Newmar told me to not become fixated on the projected off-line date. They still have several supply chain issues to work thru every day. Mine is supposed to come off Thurs, but Iím not holding my breath. Of course, that wonít keep me from checking on it Friday.
USMCRET is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2021, 04:32 AM   #128

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmstump View Post
Thanks so much USMCRET. The great news is that the valve cover replacement seems to have worked. Yeah! After they replaced it and we drove it about 2 hrs we had no leaking. It has also not leaked while sitting either They suspect there was a defect in the baffle (seen below). The good news is there was one existing valve cover in the country ...and even the reality of its existence was unclear as two different systems showed two different availability statuses.... but the Cummins center made lots of calls to confirm it and get it shipped to us.

So all seems to be well we are stationary for a bit now so will take it out again in a few weeks to test again but everything is looking good.

I canít say enough about how well everyone worked together to address this issue. (Newmar, Spartan, Cummins) they were all very engaged with each other and us. It made a frustrating start so much more manageable and gave us quite a bit of confidence back.
Great news!

Confidence in oneís machine is so important.
Old 02-13-2021, 06:06 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
Newmar told me to not become fixated on the projected off-line date. They still have several supply chain issues to work thru every day. Mine is supposed to come off Thurs, but Iím not holding my breath. Of course, that wonít keep me from checking on it Friday.
Wife and I are happy with how all is going. Our sales person told us her last few coaches from Newmar were 2-3 weeks behind schedule. No worries. Good things happens to those who wait right?

2021 Newmar Ventana 4369 on Order
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 09:13 AM   #130

Ordered Dec 5th.

Informed by my sales person our projected off the line date is Apr 10. We're doing FPU and service department told us they wouldn't receive it until Apr 26. I asked why the difference and no one can tell me.

Still waiting on an answer and figure they are hedging. What I'm not impressed with so far is the Newmar rep that informed my sales person to tell me to contact service. FPU is on the order form and I'd expect the Newmar sales rep to own this this end to end vs kicking the can to someone else.
Cory2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 09:27 PM   #131

"No worries. Good things happens to those who wait right?"

+++++

Man....I hope so. We're 6 months into an 8 month ordeal.
Old 02-15-2021, 12:24 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory2 View Post
Ordered Dec 5th.

Informed by my sales person our projected off the line date is Apr 10. We're doing FPU and service department told us they wouldn't receive it until Apr 26. I asked why the difference and no one can tell me.

Still waiting on an answer and figure they are hedging. What I'm not impressed with so far is the Newmar rep that informed my sales person to tell me to contact service. FPU is on the order form and I'd expect the Newmar sales rep to own this this end to end vs kicking the can to someone else.
I was told that off the line does not mean complete. That many manufacturers have units that have come off the line but are still waiting on parts from suppliers that are back ordered before they can be completed. These are sitting on their lot awaiting the parts, which may explain what the 15 day delay is about.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 07:20 PM   #133

We were told today that our coach is finished It has been released to sales to invoice and turn over to dispatch to ship. Sales Rep guesses will be at the dealership sometime next week. The dealership needs to their inspection. They are back logged due to the severe cold weather here in Texas. Looking at the end of the first week of March.

Old 02-17-2021, 09:59 PM   #134
D20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Roy View Post
I was told that off the line does not mean complete. That many manufacturers have units that have come off the line but are still waiting on parts from suppliers that are back ordered before they can be completed. These are sitting on their lot awaiting the parts, which may explain what the 15 day delay is about.
This is true. Ours came off the line Feb 12th. But it is waiting for 2 seats. The seats are projected to arrive from the vendor around Feb 26th.
Old 02-18-2021, 04:44 AM   #135

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
We were told today that our coach is finished It has been released to sales to invoice and turn over to dispatch to ship. Sales Rep guesses will be at the dealership sometime next week. The dealership needs to their inspection. They are back logged due to the severe cold weather here in Texas. Looking at the end of the first week of March.
Great to see your coach is ready! It has to feel so close now. Too bad the weather is causing so much trouble. I know how excited you must be.

Hopefully you are making it through the insane cold ok without too many power outages. My mom is in Dallas and the have been without power for the better part of 4 days. I can only imagine what that must be doing to an RV business that relies on electricity for storage.

Keep us posted and canít wait to see pictures!
mmstump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 04:49 AM   #136

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
That was true for us as well. Covid supply chain issues pushed out the delivery date while they waited for pending parts. Prior to Covid the off line date did mean it was ready to be released and then dispatched but they have had so many delays they have had to build in additional time.
mmstump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:44 PM   #137

We will be in our Ventana on Friday the 26th. This will be the slowest week ever! LOL

Old 02-22-2021, 09:43 PM   #138

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
We will be in our Ventana on Friday the 26th. This will be the slowest week ever! LOL
Congratulations!

We will be in our BS on Mar. 5 weather permitting for delivery to the west coast - this is going to be a long 2 weeks for us.

2021 Bay Star 3124 on order
Gozen1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:09 AM   #139

Newmar Owners Club
I’m envious of you folks picking up your coaches shortly. I’m still sitting here twiddling my thumbs and wishing away the next 51 days until we set foot in ours. First world problems...
Old 02-23-2021, 08:58 AM   #140

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
Iím envious of you folks picking up your coaches shortly. Iím still sitting here twiddling my thumbs and wishing away the next 51 days until we set foot in ours. First world problems...
The thumb twiddling wait seems interminable until you get to that last 2 weeks and start the financial transactions to make the magic happen and then time seems to speed up

2021 Bay Star 3124 on order
Gozen1183 is offline   Reply With Quote