Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2021, 08:37 PM   #1

2021 essex

Thoughts on the 2021 Essex? Thinking about pulling the trigger on one. Opinions about Transwest rv?
DDB oklahoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2021, 06:20 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDB oklahoma View Post
Thoughts on the 2021 Essex? Thinking about pulling the trigger on one. Opinions about Transwest rv?
Ordered a 2021 Essex myself, I think it goes down the line first part of April.

After seeing the London Aire and King Aire in person out in Nappanee while getting service on my prior New Aire it was an easy upgrade decision for me. The Essex is the best coach in their luxury lineup in my opinion.

Not familiar with Transwest myself, I ordered from Steinbring in Garfield, MN, personally I have had an amazing experience with them as you are not only buying a Newmar you are also buying a dealer.

If you have not had a Newmar before make sure you setup an appointment at the factory for service. Well worth the time/effort to get every issue addressed the dealer missed or you found during your first outings.
Ezhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 06:57 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Another option is factory pickup. Spend a w eel with a tech learning and using everything before you leave. They do an extra review before you get there and fix anything you find while you are there
Old 02-27-2021, 08:58 AM   #4
HOW

I have a “love/hate” relationship with Transwest. We purchased our 2017 DS from them and the things that I love about them is we got what I perceived to be a fair deal, that they are local to where I live and also to where I travel frequently, and they can do just about everything you will ever need (at least in Colorado). The part I “hate” about them is that it seems like like everything they do is 90% complete and they never take the extra step to make sure everything is done 100% correctly. That may apply to every RV dealer so if you set your expectations meter appropriately I would not hesitate to buy from them again.
HOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 01:34 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
I think the king Aire doesn’t have enough living storage and I wanted the 605, so I’m curious what you see in the Essex that’s not in the LA? Maybe I didn’t research it hard enough.
Thanks for the response
Bill Bélanger
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 01:58 PM   #6

2021 Essex

Definitely give serious consideration to FPU then you can select the dealer willing to give you the best deal. For us that was Steinbring in Garfield MN. As mentioned above, the Newmar techs go over all systems before you arrive. And your delivery tech can send the coach back to production if necessary. Dealers cannot do that. You will not waste time waiting for a dealer to receive replacement parts. When you arrive in Nappanee your coach will be fully tested and ready for your learning to begin.
Old 02-27-2021, 02:17 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
We did factory pickup on our first Dutch Star. I wouldn’t do it again. My experience was not favorable.
Our coach was absolutely not ready for delivery. It was as if they left stuff undone just to give us our money worth.
Our dish antenna wasn’t working. We waited two days to have someone come “from town” to flip the switch on the roof from Direct TV to Dish. Our tech hadn’t done a delivery in 5 years and told us they all complain the Newmar doesn’t keep them up to date on new features.

Bill Bélanger
Old 02-27-2021, 03:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBelanger View Post
I think the king Aire doesn’t have enough living storage and I wanted the 605, so I’m curious what you see in the Essex that’s not in the LA? Maybe I didn’t research it hard enough.
Thanks for the response
Bill Bélanger
Having owned lots of newmars all through the high end line I think the LA is the best bang for the buck. There was a rumor running around last yr that newmar may get rid of the Essex
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 04:40 PM   #9

I would consider NIRVC. Their service is top shelf.
Old 02-27-2021, 05:08 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
I would consider NIRVC. Their service is top shelf.
I ordered the LA from NIRVC. I'm hoping their network of dealerships will be an advantage when it comes to repairs. Having said that, I've gotten great service from the old Dick Gore's, now Camper's Inn in Jacksonville, and Freedom RV in Tucson.

Bill Bélanger
Old 02-27-2021, 05:28 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum.
This link will info on dealer and any coach you maybe interested in.
Enjoy. good luck and safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:18 AM   #12

Thanks for the replies. Trans west actually has one that is all the right stuff. I will do more checking on their service dept.
DDB oklahoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 09:24 AM   #13

We have bought a LA and 2 NA from transwest. Have nothing but good things to say things to say about them. They do miss some little things like doors a little out of line etc. But if you stay in their on site campground for a few days they will come out and fix things and help you. And the service will call you back if you need some help with an issue. They make the whole process easy including the couple that goes over the whole coach in and out when you pick up.
walterhess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
essex