Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2020, 11:16 AM   #1

Spartan Chassis
2021 King Aire

I saw the Newmar walk through video on the 2021 king Aire and all I can say is WOW! Talk about a complete lifestyle change. There are many changes that will only be available on the King Aire including.lithium batteries. Video is available at . I am just wondering how much the price will jump. If it is too much, I would consider a Foretravel Realm instead.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2020, 11:19 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Roy View Post
I saw the Newmar walk through video on the 2021 king Aire and all I can say is WOW! Talk about a complete lifestyle change. There are many changes that will only be available on the King Aire including.lithium batteries. Video is available at . I am just wondering how much the price will jump. If it is too much, I would consider a Foretravel Realm instead.
I would choose the Realm no matter what they do to the King Aire! You’re comparing apples to oranges. Just my opinion!
Old 04-10-2020, 11:35 AM   #3

I understand Newmar is trying to distance the King Aire from the rest of the line to put it in competition with Newell / Foretravel etc... but, unless they do something with the square corner slideouts, it still looks like "all the rest" to me.
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 11:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinfla View Post
I understand Newmar is trying to distance the King Aire from the rest of the line to put it in competition with Newell / Foretravel etc... but, unless they do something with the square corner slideouts, it still looks like "all the rest" to me.
Couldn’t agree more!
Old 04-10-2020, 02:30 PM   #5

Luxury Products not merging

Well, for those who were wondering if they would combine the King Aire, Essex and London Aire (since they are all on the same chassis), that question has been clearly answered. The luxury appliances and 30kwh lithium battery bank (which can run two AC's without a generator) definitely set it apart from the Essex and London Aire.

I imagine those feature will add a lot to the price, so agree that the Realm or IH-45 might be a better deal at those prices.

Agree that those slideouts (which seem identical to a Ventana from the outside) don't really fit on a 1+ million dollar coach.
Sipester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 03:17 PM   #6

While the slides are obviously not changed I care more about that lack of QA and the loose wire in the bedroom cabinet just hanging loose. Look at a Foretravel and the wiring/plumbing is all neat and tidy. 90 bends, all tight down where needed. That to me delineated a high quality coach vs a lower quality one.

If I'm going to drop that kind of coin down on anything it darn well better be extremely well built. I'd tolerate that more on a higher volume coach but at this price point they better get it perfect as it leaves the factory.
Driveby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 04:48 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Watched a couple videos on the new King Aire; not sure which one it was, but the price range was in the $1,200,000 range. That's "playing with the big boys", for sure! And for that kind of money, the quality control better be there, or they won't be building many of them!

The rest of 2020, & certainly 2021 are going to be quite interesting in the "RV" world. Whether buying, selling, or even camping & traveling!
Jabber Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 05:48 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
2021 King Aire

As I mentioned on another thread recently, I had the opportunity to look at a King Air and a Realm side by side at a small show near me a few weeks ago. The King Air was a 2020 and the Realm was not their new Presidential model which is more costly. The Pricing of the two I saw was very competitive, both price close to $800k after discounts. The differential in quality between the two units becomes very obvious the closer you look and dig into the details. It is clear that the Realm is a hand built non production line unit whereas it becomes clear that the King Air is built under a different process where quality and attention to detail are lacking. I would buy a used Realm or or IH-45 Foretravel before buying a new King Air.
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 07:42 PM   #9

I am afraid Newmar has priced themselves right out of the market with the King Aire taking a $350,000 increase for 2021. I am sure they will sell a few to diehards but most of that market will now shift to Foretravel. All jmho
Old 04-11-2020, 07:53 PM   #10

Does anyone know if those windows open?
Old 04-12-2020, 04:47 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny-shawna View Post
Does anyone know if those windows open?
Pretty sure not.
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 05:54 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinfla View Post
Pretty sure not.
That's what I though. When the weather is cool out, we open our windows, isn't that the norm?

It's a beautiful rig but i can live without automatic cabinet doors and non-opening windows
Old 04-12-2020, 01:37 PM   #13

So they've upgraded to Viking appliances and Hans Grohe faucets. Even in the pictures you notice wiring exposed when they open the nightstand. Ken went on to point out you can even open the microwave cabinet manually "if" the motor stops working. It's just Lipstick at this point. If Walmart started to carry Lois Vuitton, you would expect to see a Walmart on Rodeo Drive.
Avspaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 02:24 PM   #14

For me, I think the single biggest thing they can do to truly separate the King Aire from the others is have more of a dedicated assembly line for them. I have always been amazed that you can have a 125k unit (BSS) right next to a 1.25M unit (KA) on the line being essentially assembled in the same way by the same people. If you have ever been to the tour you see that the line keeps moving at a pretty good clip. I’ve never understood how they can give the higher end coaches the time they need.
Jtrving is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air