Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2022, 08:43 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2022 Good Dealers List

We all know about the price increase on 1/3/2022, that includes a chassis surcharge for all production runs after #30.

We have all seen Brett Davis' announcement regarding NIRVC commitment to honor the agreed on deal, and absorb the chassis increase.

I would like to hear about other dealers, and how they have handled the situation.

Provide your dealer, expected production off line date, run #, and how your dealer handled the increase announcement.

Be sure to include the discussions you may have had with the dealer regarding price protection before you signed the deal.

If your dealer cautioned you about the increase before you signed, they should not be looked down upon for passing this cost on to you.

This will help identify the Good Dealers.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2022, 09:00 PM   #2

Redbaron, I would portend that there is more that goes into the "deal" than just whether or not your dealer is absorbing the chassis surcharge. For example, if you were able to get a deal at one dealer that was $11,000 less than the deal you could obtain from NIRVC but they would not absorb the chassis surcharge, the bottom line could still be the same. But, good topic and glad you moved it to a new thread. Also, as one contributor mentioned on the other thread, they could not even order a coach any longer from NIRVC, so if you still want a rig, you may be forced to have to suck up the surcharge if you still want the rig. As supply gets more scarce, prices will naturally go up. Personally I may walk from a deal if my dealer tried to increase the price after the original deal was made, others may or may not but if I got say 25% off and the best you could do now was say 11%, then I would have to think about it a little more. Yes, these are tough times for all businesses and I try to be sympathetic to all.
UMXHAULER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 06:14 AM   #3

The problem with a good dealers list for everyone who has a good experience, there are others who do not. I know people swear by Indepence in Orlando, I had a horrible service experience there as did others I am coming to find out. As for purchasing, they gouge on their sales price and super lowball on trade in.
They actually told me I could not sell my 21 VD 4369 for more than 280k. Yet two weeks later, they listed a 2018 for 349k and a used 21 4018 for 399k. They want to make 100k on both ends. North Trail is similar on gouging.

Meanwhile I spoke with NIRVC and they would be fair n trade in and sale. Problem was the timing, the FL increase came as did the Newmar so I am now out of the market for good. But I can attest to NIRVC being a very honest dealer.
Winger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 10:21 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
To be fair, a good dealer should always be a good dealer for all.

Yes there are people that will never be satisfied, but given all the facts, a good dealer would be deemed a good dealer by others.

Example of a bad dealer: promising x in writing, delivering something less than x with no attempts to reconcile.

Example of a bad dealer: msrp + market adjusted pricing on a new coach..

Example of a bad dealer: must finance with the dealer, must by x amount of add-ons, etc.

Example of a bad dealer: accepted sales order on a new coach at msrp, and then passed on surcharge for chassis -or- signed deal with no warning of price protection loss, and dealer refuses to allow you to cancel and get deposit back.

Personally I would think poorly of any dealer that changed a signed deal at any point.
Old 01-19-2022, 07:08 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post

Yes there are people that will never be satisfied, but given all the facts, a good dealer would be deemed a good dealer by others.

Example of a bad dealer: promising x in writing, delivering something less than x with no attempts to reconcile.

Example of a bad dealer: must finance with the dealer, must by x amount of add-ons, etc.

Example of a bad dealer: accepted sales order on a new coach at msrp, and then passed on surcharge for chassis -or- signed deal with no warning of price protection loss, and dealer refuses to allow you to cancel and get deposit back.

Personally I would think poorly of any dealer that changed a signed deal at any point.
I believe this thread is a slippery slope and only leads to bashing of dealers with only one side of the story. All of us do business with a dealer for different reasons and the decision may very well hinge on more than a discount. I realize you are very high on NIRVC and I hear very good things about them. I do however like the idea of competition.

I agree that a dealer should allow you to walk with a return of your deposit is the only reasonable remedy should you not agree on agreeable terms regardless of the agreed upon price.

If I am understanding your post correctly your ire and concern should be aimed at Newmar since they were the one who changed their age old price protection policies mid stream. I am relatively sure that this will create several changes in purchase agreements in the future. I am sorry for those who were caught in the middle and hope they all come through this satisfied with the outcome.
Old 01-19-2022, 07:36 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This is a reprise of the original good dealers list found in the stickies, just updated based on current conditions.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/recommended-reliable-newmar-dealers-across-the-u-s-a-392664.html
Old 01-20-2022, 05:47 AM   #7

Quote:

I agree. Whats funny is I have heard from people telling me the dealer I am talking about gave them a great deal. Whats a great deal? So they are telling me that they did not charge them full msrp on a two year old coach? Why would they not offer me that? They are in the business to sell. I never made one service claim on the previous coach they sold me. I believe people kid themselves or do very little research when buying.
This thread may wake some people up to research who or what is a good dealer
Old 01-21-2022, 01:24 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:

IMO You are turning this into a “bitch fest”. Unless you personally call all the dealers that owners bitch about and get the other side of the story you are doing nothing more than producing another site for people to complain. And we all know there are owners that complain when the sun comes up.
Clemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 02:14 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Clarification may be necessary for all those new to the forum and the newmar good dealers list. I provided examples of bad dealers, intending those names not be listed.

Historically this list only contains good dealers and helps keep things positive. If your dealer doesn't fall into the bad list, then they should be mentioned here along with your testimony as to why you have nominated them.

Please don't list a bad dealer. They don't deserve the advertising, and no one wants to wade thru drama.

The first post was not clear on this, and I apologize for assuming that everyone understood the intention. I am unable to edit post #1, so this is the best I can do to clarify.
Old 01-21-2022, 02:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemson View Post
IMO You are turning this into a “bitch fest”. Unless you personally call all the dealers that owners bitch about and get the other side of the story you are doing nothing more than producing another site for people to complain. And we all know there are owners that complain when the sun comes up.
Um, I have every email with the offers and negotiates with years makes and model numbers.
I can post those to prove the horrible treatment, should I? I do not think a dealer would like that.
I actually told you the horrible service, in private messages, that I had there when it happened.
If people cannot post bad experiences then all it becomes is a one sided love fest. How does one get a good dealer list if there are not factual opinions. Why is my bad experience not factual, when another's good opinion is factual?
Old 01-21-2022, 02:29 PM   #11
Community Administrator

2022 Good Dealers List

Please keep this section of our Community Rules in mind as they do not permit Vendor Disputes. Thanks

“Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about services, products, vendors, or sales. Please settle your differences with the seller, provider, manufacturer, or dealer through other means but not through our community.”

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 06:33 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIFFTALL View Post
Please keep this section of our Community Rules in mind as they do not permit Vendor Disputes. Thanks

“Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about services, products, vendors, or sales. Please settle your differences with the seller, provider, manufacturer, or dealer through other means but not through our community.”

Thank you….I sure hope these Rules are enforced….
Clemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 07:08 AM   #13

I have a question on the qualifications that will justify a good dealer.

So you have 5 people who have, what they consider a good experience, then you have 5 people who consider what they had a bad experience. But the 5 with the bad experience, cannot post their experience
My question is if the point of this thread is "good" dealers. Would that dealer be considered good?
If people cannot discuss bad experiences, then it becomes a lovefest and there is truly no fair determination which is a "good dealer"
There has to be a better way to really get to what is a good dealer and what is a bad dealer. Please let me know how only the positive experiences can justify if a dealer is good. Thanks
Old 01-28-2022, 07:01 PM   #14

Good or bad

All experiances should be iisted. Otherwise you becoming like youtube blocking any negative comments. NOT GOOD
Gforceone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer