Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2022, 02:54 AM   #15

Stunning results! Not just the paint, it’s the interaction with Newmar. I follow with interest many of your posts. This one really caught my attention. It made me go over my Dutch Star a little closer. I found small areas of what appeared to be defects. They were actually residue from the factory cut and buff. I have a local gentleman who washes and waxes our Coach. I had him use a paste instead of liquid wax and it cleared up everything. Politeness and persistence are the key.
PaulTNaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2022, 03:26 AM   #16
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Beautiful results on your LADP. They stepped up as they should have.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 04:36 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The most significant issue my voach had was micro scratches and swirls. The entire coach looked like someone used a brach towel with sand and "waxed on, waxed off" over every surface possible.

This of course was due to the cut and buff process being rushed and done without proper attention, time, and material.

The pad used was too old.

When a proper polish is done,, the paint gains a depth to it that the camera cannot show. My pictures show a mirror effect, which is stunning, but belittles the true beauty of the depth the paint has now.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 06:15 AM   #18

Paint Protection

"Thursday I start doing the Paint Protection Film and Ceramic Coating of the coach."

RB, I hope you'll do some follow-up posts on how you go about protecting that now gorgeous paint job.

Thanks for taking the time to share with the forum.
2023 Coach House 271XLFR on order
Terraboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 06:33 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
I am working on a post that is very long, and very detailed. Until then, I am just too excited to show you the quality of the coach I have now.

I have had my coach for almost a year. When I received the coach, the paint was *TERRIBLE*. Newmar visited NIRVC no fewer than 3 times to look at my coach, with me present for one of their visits.

We had several occasions of work orders approved, to later be denied. It was an exercise of patience on my part, and diligent pursuit of customer satisfaction on NIRVC's part.

Once approvals where worked out, I was able to find a time between planned trips to leave it with NIRVC for the 45 days they needed to do the repairs and a 3 stage cut and buff on the entire coach, all paid for by the Newmar Warranty.

I now have the best looking paint job I have ever seen.

Here is a quick video walk thru I took as soon as I arrived home before putting it into the garage.

https://youtu.be/4YtpwkKgf8U

Thursday I start doing the Paint Protection Film and Ceramic Coating of the coach.
I am absolutely THRILLED that you are satisfied with the work performed at NIRVC and cannot wait to see this beauty with hyper-gloss after we apply the ceramic coating! We appreciate your patience; as the saying goes, "If it is worth doing, it is worth doing well!!
MrMark_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 11:06 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terraboat View Post
"Thursday I start doing the Paint Protection Film and Ceramic Coating of the coach."

RB, I hope you'll do some follow-up posts on how you go about protecting that now gorgeous paint job.

Thanks for taking the time to share with the forum.
Doing the final clean and starting the PPF. Will post some pictures once I get enough progress to show.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 10:13 AM   #21

Absolutely stunning mirror finish

Kudos to both you and nirvc!!! That finish looks outstanding!!!…it shouldn’t be a fight on such an expensive piece of equipment,hopefully Newmar steps up their process,commensurate with the step up in price recently…I was ordering a 23 king aire,until I saw the 23 graphics,and paint options as well as recent problems with quality!! Still hoping they get on track for a 24….the interiors are gorgeous….Red Baron and NIRVC……wow,outstanding!!! All the best joe b
Old 12-12-2022, 09:36 AM   #22

Great job! Now go get that thing dirty! 😎
Old 12-15-2022, 03:05 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Beautiful coach!! Sooooo glad your grit and determination enabled you to FINALLY receive the coach that should have been delivered on day one.

Also - gorgeous homestead
2021 GMC Canyon Denali
DiddyPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 03:15 PM   #24

Beautiful!

Congratulations, redbaron73! And that's the way to hang in there until they got it right!!
Ehochuli85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 07:22 PM   #25

When you Know the Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
I am working on a post that is very long, and very detailed. Until then, I am just too excited to show you the quality of the coach I have now.

I have had my coach for almost a year. When I received the coach, the paint was *TERRIBLE*. Newmar visited NIRVC no fewer than 3 times to look at my coach, with me present for one of their visits.

We had several occasions of work orders approved, to later be denied. It was an exercise of patience on my part, and diligent pursuit of customer satisfaction on NIRVC's part.

Once approvals where worked out, I was able to find a time between planned trips to leave it with NIRVC for the 45 days they needed to do the repairs and a 3 stage cut and buff on the entire coach, all paid for by the Newmar Warranty.

I now have the best looking paint job I have ever seen.

Here is a quick video walk thru I took as soon as I arrived home before putting it into the garage.

https://youtu.be/4YtpwkKgf8U

Thursday I start doing the Paint Protection Film and Ceramic Coating of the coach.

I am three years into my first RV, a Newmar Canyon Star. In my limited experience (and thinking about my next rig), I have said before if Newmar represents quality as their tagline states, 'When you Know the Difference,' I feel sorry for the SOB who does not know the difference. I cannot imagine what crap other RVs are if this is considered quality.

In my opinion, the industry is a sad state of affairs. Dr. Demming must be rolling in his grave.
rlc1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 05:00 PM   #26

Here is a solution.....Newmar should stop painting the coaches. Just send them to NIRVC and them do the painting!
bluefin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 06:00 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Beautiful!!!! NIRVC comes though once again. Such a great outfit.
Chargerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 03:31 PM   #28

Absolutely stunning! Congrats on winning the long battle to get it done right! Kudus to NIRVC to stand beside you and fighting the good fight!
blangton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint