Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2021, 08:08 AM   #1

21’ LA delivery - things to look for

Hi

We are taking delivery of our 21 London Aire next week at NIRVC Vegas, very excited. We are coming out of a New Aire so many of the operations on the coach side will be very similar.

I am curios if there are any “typical” or common things to look for on a London Aire from a QC perspective. We will be at NIRVC for two days, delivery, walk through, demo, transfer stuff from New Aire to London Aire.

It took about a year to get the New Aire really tight from a punch list perspective and I expect a similar experience. When we took delivery of New Aire will only did a two walk through and fired it up and headed out. Oops!

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and experiences

JD
AZRVR17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2021, 08:18 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
From experience, get behind the wheel and go for a test ride sooner rather than later. Then after a period of time parked, look underneath the coach for any fluid leaks.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 09:32 AM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Look for that big ISX 605 HP and 2050 Torque Engine.....
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 09:37 AM   #4

Don

So looking forward to the K3 605. Many moons ago I had a Beaver with the C15 pre def. Boy do I miss that power.

JD
Old 07-22-2021, 02:19 PM   #5
Rd1

Hopefully the leather seat issue has been resolved by now. you might want to clear that with the dealer.. If not, may be make arrangements for some quality seat covers before hand.

The so called leather seat were worn out (pealing off) on mine in 2 years!!! Newmar replaced the covers, at my expense!!! The new covers are starting to peal off again on the front of the seat and the arm rests. Some leather!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Seat (1).jpg
Views:	7
Size:	256.6 KB
ID:	336863  
Old 07-22-2021, 03:48 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRVR17 View Post
Don

So looking forward to the K3 605. Many moons ago I had a Beaver with the C15 pre def. Boy do I miss that power.

JD
Yeah....hard to beat that torque and Allison 4000. I sometimes cry on the grades when I drop to 35- 40 mph.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 04:02 PM   #7

That is less than impressive performance of the Ultra Leather aka good looking vinyl. We did not have any of that in the New Aire. When I sat in a 21’ with the new Villa furniture it felt better but was not looking for that type of issue. I think you have go to King Aire to get real leather but not 100% sure. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-22-2021, 06:24 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Hi

We are taking delivery of our 21 London Aire next week at NIRVC Vegas, very excited. We are coming out of a New Aire so many of the operations on the coach side will be very similar.

I am curios if there are any “typical” or common things to look for on a London Aire from a QC perspective. We will be at NIRVC for two days, delivery, walk through, demo, transfer stuff from New Aire to London Aire.

It took about a year to get the New Aire really tight from a punch list perspective and I expect a similar experience. When we took delivery of New Aire will only did a two walk through and fired it up and headed out. Oops!

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and experiences

JD
Congrats on your new rig!

We picked up our 21 LA up from NIRVC Vegas on 26 June. It was a Saturday and we planned on a walk through, shake out Sunday, and Monday to get whatever they missed fixed. Leave on Tuesday. Plan A
We left the next Saturday.
On the walk through it was noted the wifi ranger router, the "Spruce" was not turning on. She told us it was on order overnight. We had one of the Valor tpms tires not reading. When we left on Saturday a week later, we had 3 tpms tires not reading and still no "Spruce".
I don't want to be overly critical, but don't assume ANYTHING. I assumed that because the sales/walk though person said the Spruce was on order that it was. It didn't get ordered until Thursday when I started asking where it was.
They told me the tpms system would straighten out after driving it for awhile, it didn't.
Check all your body work for scratches etc, their body man Johnny is awesome. That said, we didn't find those scratches and paint problems until Thursday, stuff they "missed" on their pre-delivery inspection. "Don't know how we missed that they said."
Find out immediately who your service advisor is and stay with them. If you're not asking them for something, someone else is and the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Vegas is not very good with the tpms system. NIRVC in Surprise are the experts, If you have an issue with Valor, just get to Surprise, they will fix it.

Try your step cover quite a few times, ours would blow fuses so they got me a 20amp auto reset fuse to replace the 15 amp rather than find the problem. This was factory approved, I hope.

They're all very nice people and I commend them for trying, but I feel there's a lack of experience at that location. Communication between departments is minimal at best. They all seem frustrated. Just be calm and nice, I've seen people who holler at them and it definitely doesn't help. People who have been there for a month. Although that was a Cornerstone.

We live in Tucson and Surprise can't deliver the LA, so Vegas was our closest location. Next time I think I'll go to Dallas.

Be ready to implement Plan B and wait for parts if you need them. If they find a bad part, they have to get pre-approval from Newmar warranty department before they place the order, they don't just "order the part" like you would expect. When they told me the parts were ordered "overnight" I think that means they think about it overnight before they order it. Remember the Spruce? I was told on Saturday 26 June that it had been ordered overnight. I was told that again on Tuesday and Wednesday. When we finally had a sit down with the manager, we found out that the part had not been ordered until Thursday because they were waiting for warranty approval. Did they order it overnight? Nope, it was to arrive the next Wednesday, 7 July, nearly two weeks after they found the problem. I was in Surprise getting the Valor system fixed when they called me and said the Spruce was in. Since we were leaving to head back to Maine, I said I'll drive over and pick it up. We showed up the next Saturday to pick the Spruce up. No one had opened the box and when we did, Newmar had sent the guts to the Denali, not the Spruce. Parts said they had no spare Spruce but it happened that the manager was there and knowing he owed me, allowed parts to steal one from a complete install kit.

Their wifi is great and they have 50 amps. You need to drive over to a dump station, but other than the heat, the accommodations are very good, if you need to spend awhile there. So relax.

Hoping you the best of luck. Probably everything will go smoothly for you. I'm most likely just the exception. I've got 2,000 miles on the coach now since we left and no issues, so that great! She's a sweat ride!

Bill Bélanger
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:31 PM   #9

Bill

Thank for your comments. We store the coach at NIRVC in Surprise. It works perfect because they get a punch list almost every time we return. They like most places have struggled having enough techs and I have learned that RV time is another dimension time all together. Not to my liking.

I have read all the issues with the Cascade steps and will try them out throughly. Did you get the coach corner weighed after loading? I am hoping to get that done and get the TPS set up properly, assuming all 8 actually show up.

Thanks again
Old 07-22-2021, 08:40 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
I did get weighed while I was there, although not loaded. Our stuff was back in Tucson. They do each axle, but not each corner. I weighed 48,950 there with about 3/4 fuel and I weighed 53,900 today at a Cat scale after fueling up. I had the Jeep hooked up and on the scale, so I'm quite sure that weight was added. I'm new to Cat scales. I'll try it again unhooked.
I've been thinking of storing there too. I'm paying $280 a month in Tucson for outdoor covered.

Bill Bélanger
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 08:03 PM   #11

Quote:
That is less than impressive performance of the Ultra Leather aka good looking vinyl. We did not have any of that in the New Aire. When I sat in a 21’ with the new Villa furniture it felt better but was not looking for that type of issue. I think you have go to King Aire to get real leather but not 100% sure. Thanks for the heads up.
Ya you're right. Only the King Aire has the real leather, and that only started on the 2021 models. My wife and I had thought about getting a new one this year but I honestly don't think it's worth the price when I can get a Foretravel Realm Presidential for the same or less money.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote