RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2015, 07:59 AM   #1
DJJ

22" microwave replacement options?

Newmar no longer has any 22" wide microwaves. Other then a 19" counter top, has anyone found another option?

Jeff
2003 Dutch Star, 3126B Cat.

DJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2015, 07:02 PM   #2

What brand was the old one?? All of the microwave/ convections are just residential brands. Just make sure that if you had interior exhaust then you hget the same type.

Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 07:44 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
There are some 22" in this link but also 24" if you can cut the cabinet to fit it.
Is it wall hung or built in a box type.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:03 AM   #4
DJJ

Thanks for the link, I had already found that site doing the same Google search. Great minds think alike. This Apollo is built in and has a light and exhaust fan underneath. The screws that hold it are accessed from the cabinet over the unit. I don't think I have the talent to make the hole bigger but installing something smaller an trimming it out is more in my comfort range.

I have learned that Sharp makes a kit to wall mount some of their counter top convection microwave units which includes constructing sheet metal ducts to exhaust heat back out to the front of the unit. So as not the trap the heat behind the unit.

I had hoped someone new of an exact fit replacement making this something easy. Since that does not appear to be the case this is going to have to wait until we get back home next month.

If my cook learns to use and likes a convection microwave, maybe she will let me take the gas stove and range out and put in a induction cook top.

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1443200609.793475.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  94.7 KB

Jeff
2003 Dutch Star, 3126B Cat.
DJJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement