Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2019, 05:43 PM   #1

3 months later observations

It's been 3 mos since we picked up the LADP.
Still love it, but -

What we don't like:
-The front SHOCKS ARE HORRIBLE. Took it to Coach Care to have them look at it. Spartan said there was no problem. Then why do the 2020 LADPs have 60MM shocks???? Was told the 60mm are too big for the 2019 LADP. hmmm
-Black camo dashboard. Just ugly IMO
-Steering wheel very plain. Essex wood steering wheel special was denied.
-Driver power window with no screen. I miss my DSDP MANUAL window with a SCREEN
-Standard Villa recliners. Dutch Star Flexsteel recliners special was denied.
FYI, we ordered custom Villa recliners that were much larger and had more padding. These are MUCH better than the standard recliners.
-Floors are too white. Should have got the Essex wood floors
-Location of the buttons for lights/shades. If you're sitting in the recliner behind the drivers seat, you only have buttons for the shades. The buttons for the lights are on the wall on the other side of the other recliner. Very annoying...
-Ability to lock/unlock bays with push of a button vs using key to go to each bay
-External Height. 8 inches higher than our DSDP. Hitting lots of branches....
-Pretty tight with slides closed. The televator takes up a lot of room. Didn't have this in our DSDP, so it's very noticeable.
-Really HATE the Front Shocks

What we like:
-605 HP is SWEET vs 450HP in the DSDP. Truly powerful and smooth.
-Heated floors!
-LED lights under slides and in awnings-just looks cool
-Full wall slide. Makes it look massive.
-Custom King Aire Paint-just wanted something different
-Big Shower
-Ventilated windows-special
-Did I mention the 605 HP?
-1.5 baths. Rear bath is very spacious.

We've only done 3 trips and are looking forward to more of course so I can keep using that 605 HP!!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2019, 06:07 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ello View Post
It's been 3 mos since we picked up the LADP.
Still love it, but -

What we don't like:
-The front SHOCKS ARE HORRIBLE. Took it to Coach Care to have them look at it. Spartan said there was no problem. Then why do the 2020 LADPs have 60MM shocks???? Was told the 60mm are too big for the 2019 LADP. hmmm
-Black camo dashboard. Just ugly IMO
-Steering wheel very plain. Essex wood steering wheel special was denied.
-Driver power window with no screen. I miss my DSDP MANUAL window with a SCREEN
-Standard Villa recliners. Dutch Star Flexsteel recliners special was denied.
FYI, we ordered custom Villa recliners that were much larger and had more padding. These are MUCH better than the standard recliners.
-Floors are too white. Should have got the Essex wood floors
-Location of the buttons for lights/shades. If you're sitting in the recliner behind the drivers seat, you only have buttons for the shades. The buttons for the lights are on the wall on the other side of the other recliner. Very annoying...
-Ability to lock/unlock bays with push of a button vs using key to go to each bay
-External Height. 8 inches higher than our DSDP. Hitting lots of branches....
-Pretty tight with slides closed. The televator takes up a lot of room. Didn't have this in our DSDP, so it's very noticeable.
-Really HATE the Front Shocks

What we like:
-605 HP is SWEET vs 450HP in the DSDP. Truly powerful and smooth.
-Heated floors!
-LED lights under slides and in awnings-just looks cool
-Full wall slide. Makes it look massive.
-Custom King Aire Paint-just wanted something different
-Big Shower
-Ventilated windows-special
-Did I mention the 605 HP?
-1.5 baths. Rear bath is very spacious.

We've only done 3 trips and are looking forward to more of course so I can keep using that 605 HP!!!!
Awesome rig but what do you not like about the lock/unlock of the bay doors. On my DSDP I have a toggle switch to lock/unlock at the same time.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny-shawna View Post
Awesome rig but what do you not like about the lock/unlock of the bay doors. On my DSDP I have a toggle switch to lock/unlock at the same time.
Whoops! Had the locks in the wrong category. Like 'em a lot!
Old 08-07-2019, 04:19 AM   #4

Quote:
gotcha
Old 08-07-2019, 06:40 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I agree with you on the shocks. My LA feels like the front end is coming loose when we hit a small bump. Noisiest coach I've ever owned, but happy with everything else. Headed to Nappanee in September hoping they can find the rattles.
Old 08-07-2019, 07:13 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Man, I was wondering the same thing! I really like being able to lock/unlock with a button. Now if they had a keypad on the drivers side for the times I forgot to unlock before going to the wetbay...
M&G Braking-Roadmaster Towbar
mbrooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:01 AM   #7

So you think the floors are too white and with the slides in there isn't much room?

Isn't this something you knew prior to purchasing or ordering?
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 01:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLJOE View Post
So you think the floors are too white and with the slides in there isn't much room?

The televator is in all the LADP floor plans, so there's nothing we can do about the space when the slides are closed. Just something to note and incentive to lose weight!

We chose dark leather for the furniture, so we though the light floor would be a nice contrast. Wasn't sure if the Essex floors would be too dark with the dark brown leather. It's really hard to gauge colors by just looking at pictures.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLJOE View Post

I was thinking the same thing. Why did you buy it if you didn’t like it?
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 05:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL57 View Post
I agree with you on the shocks. My LA feels like the front end is coming loose when we hit a small bump. Noisiest coach I've ever owned, but happy with everything else. Headed to Nappanee in September hoping they can find the rattles.
Many of my rattles were just above the drivers seat in the audio/video area. I cut a shower floor liner that is vented and fairly think and that helped alot.

Not if I can only get rid of the wind noise I will be set. I'm thinking about removing the interior window frames and spray window/door foam around them. The foam is open cell and should not affect the windows at all.

I would think at the price point of your rig it would be quite.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTiger View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Why did you buy it if you didn’t like it?
We ordered the coach. There was nothing to see. Seeing a 1 inch swatch of fabric on my laptop is difficult to judge how it will actually look in a 45 foot coach. I have no regrets on the overall purchase. Just saying I would have selected, possibly a different leather color or a different floor color.
Would have loved to have been able to drive over 1200 miles round trip to sit with Michelle, but that wasn't practical.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:45 PM   #12

So, is it louder than the DSDP was or....are you just driving faster with the 605HP?

Paul
StaRVGazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:41 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny-shawna View Post
Many of my rattles were just above the drivers seat in the audio/video area. I cut a shower floor liner that is vented and fairly think and that helped alot.

Not if I can only get rid of the wind noise I will be set. I'm thinking about removing the interior window frames and spray window/door foam around them. The foam is open cell and should not affect the windows at all.

I would think at the price point of your rig it would be quite.
Most of the rattles are coming from below and mostly the door area. The drivers window is another subject that will be addressed in Nappanee. I had two Entegras before the LA. Very disappointed in how noisy it is.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:47 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Interesting observations. I also previously had a Cornerstone, and was drawn to the 40 ft Mountain Aire.

ISX12 sucks compared to the ISX15.

Our coach is definitely noisier than the Cornerstone, our 2009 Monaco Signature and 2008 Allegro Bus. Similar to the poor quality 2014 American Coach Heritage, and my father's old Winnebago.

Standard recliners and driver's and passenger seat are problems. Not properly designed to match a human's back.

Similar front end problems. Bridge approaches feel like ski jumps. Had a similar problem when I first took delivery of the 2015 Cornerstone. Spartan tech at Entegra fixed it. Ride height was set wrong and too much pressure on the tag axle.

Whomever designed the light switch button placement and layout in these coaches has probably never lived in one.
Steve Kieffer is offline   Reply With Quote