Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2018, 07:58 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
3343 No Power to TV?

The front TV has been working fine. Today the TV will not turn on. I assume that it is a power problem but can't find where the power cord is plugged into the TV. Its very hard to see behind the Televator and find the power cord. The 110v outlets on both sides of the TV have power and I can't find a GFCI circuit that is tripped. Has anyone had a similar problem in a New Aire?
John.Ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2018, 08:01 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.Ferrari View Post
The front TV has been working fine. Today the TV will not turn on. I assume that it is a power problem but can't find where the power cord is plugged into the TV. Its very hard to see behind the Televator and find the power cord. The 110v outlets on both sides of the TV have power and I can't find a GFCI circuit that is tripped. Has anyone had a similar problem in a New Aire?
Look under the cabinets over the cooktop, there should be a GFI outlet.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:09 PM   #3

If the key is on the TV may not work. It locks out some, so you can not watch and drive.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:31 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
It may be the TV. Try killing the main circuit breaker and then reboot the TV. It may work.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:38 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Stop the televator 1/2 way up, then look behind with a flash light
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 01:36 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
I’m not in our coach right now, but I believe the front TV is plugged in in the cabinet above, where the DVD player is plugged in. We have had the same thing happen twice with the rear TV, and unplugging and re-plugging worked both times.
WardSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:09 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
I checked GFCI above counter, tripped and reset it. Turned main power on and off. Looked above TV in the cabinet and unplugged and replugged everything back in but still no power to TV.

I can look down behind the Televater and see a 110v outlet mounted on the wall but nothing is plugged into it. I don't see any electrical cords dangling down that need to be plugged in.

Does anyone know where the power plugs into the TV on the back. There is nothing in the Sony manual except to say plug in the power cord, no pictures as to where the power cord might be???
John.Ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:13 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I checked GFCI above counter, tripped and reset it. Turned main power on and off. Looked above TV in the cabinet and unplugged and replugged everything back in but still no power to TV.

I can look down behind the Televater and see a 110v outlet mounted on the wall but nothing is plugged into it. I don't see any electrical cords dangling down that need to be plugged in.

Does anyone know where the power plugs into the TV on the back. There is nothing in the Sony manual except to say plug in the power cord, no pictures as to where the power cord might be???

That is where mine is plugged in, behind the televator it has a trans 2x6 inch power transformer that on mine is stuck to the wall.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:36 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
3343 No Power to TV?

Here’s the box and plug, find the box and follow the wire, thin wire goes to tv, think wire plugs into the wall. Turn off all the lights and use a flashlight, sometimes I find it easier to see things this way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6851.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	206536  
Old 06-10-2018, 08:01 AM   #10

I had my power junction box fall off the wall in my BayStar and the weight of the box caused the cord that plugged into it to become unplugged. Really poor design imho. When I fixed it I mounted it with screws instead of tape..
Jtrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:14 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I don't know what it is with these TV's but multiple times I've had this happen and I need to unplug and plug it back in, an electrical reboot.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:21 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
I don't know what it is with these TV's but multiple times I've had this happen and I need to unplug and plug it back in, an electrical reboot.

My front overhead tv needed a reboot after freezing on black screen, flipped the breaker.
Old 06-10-2018, 09:18 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Neal and Stuart when your tv locks up does the green power light come on? We have had this issue since our coach was new. My solution is for the front TV cycle the ignition key, televator tv cycle the circuit breaker for the DS slide, for the bedroom, unplug the tv in the closet and replug and lastly the outside TV unplug the cord from the tv and they work.

Now for the Paul Harvey moment. Since this has been going on since new the factory is involved. Their solution was to replace all 4 TV's at our 12 month visit to our dealer. I was very suspect of this solution as 4 TV's all exhibiting the issue seemed a stretch to me but what the heck it's their money, right? Well 2 days after we left the dealer guess what happened to the front TV?

We are headed to Gillette and will keep you posted on the POA.

John
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:21 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post
Neal and Stuart when your tv locks up does the green power light come on? We have had this issue since our coach was new. My solution is for the front TV cycle the ignition key, televator tv cycle the circuit breaker for the DS slide, for the bedroom, unplug the tv in the closet and replug and lastly the outside TV unplug the cord from the tv and they work.
I can't get the green light to come on or go off, I can't remember, the power option on the bottom buttons don't work. Remote does nothing. Power cycle is required. Same thing at times with the induction cooktop but that's been a while. I think the electrical situations in these coaches is a bit much for these electronics. Who knows.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power