Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2015, 08:22 PM   #1

3M front shield protectant

What are you using to protect the 3M shield? Should I use 303?

Greg
2015 DSDP 4369
gjbeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2015, 08:29 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yes Diamond Shield recommends 303. In addition I would also first apply "Rejex", then 303. Rejex if applied per instructions really helps to very easily remove bugs. 303 is water soluble and should be applied often to help long term health of the shield.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:51 AM   #3

I use "Protect All Polish, Wax & Treatment". A thicker liquid than 303. It goes on easily. You apply it be spreading with a cloth and immediately wiping/buffing it off. Basically the same application procedure as 303. I've used 303 before and feel the Protect All gives the same protection and applies just as easy. It's also less expensive than 303. I buy it at WalMart for around $8 or $9 a bottle.

As Diamond Shield recommends I apply it every time I wash the front of the coach.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:05 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I'm on a mission to make my 3M/Diamond Shield to look nicer and last longer than the one on my previous coach. On my other coach, it still looked good after ten years, but had a lot of minute scratches. My goal on the Dutch Star is to only wash it with lambs wool (keep the scratching down) and then protect it with 303. The 303 does a good job of keeping the bugs off.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:25 PM   #5

No matter what kind of film you have on the front cap, you need to clean it immediately once you get to your campsite or stop for the night. And don't be afraid to wax it with a good liquid wax, like Mother's.
spsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 04:23 PM   #6

Only repeating what I read from the diamond shield people don't know if it applies to the 3 product or not but it is worth researching. The recommendation was NOT to use wax (303 was ok) on Diamondhead. Apparently it had micro pores which allows some level of air exchange. Wax plugs those pores.
Once again not my area of expertise just reiterating an instruction. Perhaps a call to the 3 product CS department might be a good idea
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 04:05 AM   #7

Ya, I heard the same, that's why I WAX it to keep the moisture and mildew in check. Of course I'm no expertise on this subject either. Maybe I'll ask my son who installs and removes all different types of film that are on the market.
spsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 06:46 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinn View Post
Only repeating what I read from the diamond shield people don't know if it applies to the 3 product or not but it is worth researching. The recommendation was NOT to use wax (303 was ok) on Diamondhead. Apparently it had micro pores which allows some level of air exchange. Wax plugs those pores.
Once again not my area of expertise just reiterating an instruction. Perhaps a call to the 3 product CS department might be a good idea
Info from their website.

https://www.diamond-shield.com/image...oduct_care.pdf

There is a recommendation to wax three or four times a year with Mother's or Meguire's liquid cleaner wax.

Safe Travels,
Steve