Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2008, 12:19 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Goooooood Morning Camp Newmar: For you guys that haven't been here yet, it's 5 a.m., dark outside, and TIME TO GET MOVIN!!!! Lights comin on in rigs around the parking lot, Newmar workers arriving in vehicles, and Amish employees on bicycles. Get a sip of that fresh coffee, get the sewer, water and electric in, get the stuff put away, get the slides in......IT'S A NEW DAY!!!! I love this place...and the whole crew, from the Svc. Cntr. staff, to the shop technicians have just be GRRRRREAT!! Might finish up today on warranty stuff....but will hate to leave. If ya own a Newmar, THIS is the place to get er tweaked!!! Steve & Lynette
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2008, 12:19 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Goooooood Morning Camp Newmar: For you guys that haven't been here yet, it's 5 a.m., dark outside, and TIME TO GET MOVIN!!!! Lights comin on in rigs around the parking lot, Newmar workers arriving in vehicles, and Amish employees on bicycles. Get a sip of that fresh coffee, get the sewer, water and electric in, get the stuff put away, get the slides in......IT'S A NEW DAY!!!! I love this place...and the whole crew, from the Svc. Cntr. staff, to the shop technicians have just be GRRRRREAT!! Might finish up today on warranty stuff....but will hate to leave. If ya own a Newmar, THIS is the place to get er tweaked!!! Steve & Lynette
Old 09-29-2008, 12:56 AM   #3

That sounds just like it is. I usually stay up at building 11 instead of the hook ups. Generally I can get a power connection 50 amp as there are only three. I too will be there this coming Sunday night for the Monday, exactly a week from now, 5:00 o'clock ritual. I'm going to get practice on Friday at 6:30 am at Spartan. Just getting all the oils changed (sythetic for main), filters and lube.
Hope your coach is ready and running great.

Peter
Old 09-29-2008, 05:27 AM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but will hate to leave. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi! What have they put in the water out there?? I agree with every thing you said except leaving. Great place to get tweaked, Great people, Great everything! It is Great knowing you are leaving with your coach in Great Shape, and hopefully not having to return for a long time to come! Paul
Old 09-29-2008, 08:09 AM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

I'm certainly with Paul on this one....

While I certainly made some nice friends in Nappanee, I was there so often that the town folk even confused me once for the Mayor, and even once thought I worked for Newmar.

Before anyone gets started, it's certainly not meant to be "sour grapes", I just don't get the "love being here so far away from home" sentiment.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:30 AM   #6
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I saw everything on my first visit.

Repeat visits should be rare and short!

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:40 AM   #7

Steve hates to leave because he has great neighbors...FlyingDiver and me!!!!

Sue &lt;--- not an early morning person
Old 09-29-2008, 02:09 PM   #8

I have to vote with Chickadee. We really enjoy what we call 'RV Home'. The people are great, the other owners are always friendly, and the weather is mostly terrific. But, the part I like the best is the Amish lifestyle. As a computer geek that owns a software company, I live my life on a laptop and/or cell phone. It is a recharge for me to slow down and 'embrace the pace' for a while.

I think that I could stay up there for weeks at a time if they had a park on the property. We are actually planning to enjoy Christmas in Nappanee this year.

Wife, 3 kids, and mother-in-law
Nathan Focht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:18 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Nathan,

After the engine blow up problem you had early this year, you certainly deserve some "quality" time to relax,

Good luck and enjoy your stay,
Old 09-30-2008, 02:56 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
saydiver & FlyingDiver are correct!! Alot has to do with having great neighbors here at Camp Newmar....and....though I'm not yet sure since we've only been "real" fulltimers since 2005, I really think it's ALL about attitude....and cat hair (ofcourse)!! Steve & Lynette
Old 09-30-2008, 06:10 AM   #11

We had a funny thing happen lastnight. As we are sitting watching TV, my wife saying "isn't that the lady from Camp Newmar?". I looked out and sure enough, here comes a couple that we met in August up at Camp Newmar to our coach. We are sitting in a small county park in Charleston and they justhappen to be here also and were walking by when they realized they recognized the coach.

While we have met many couple at Camp Newmar and even plan to meet up with a few fom time to time, this is the first time we have crossed paths by chance. It is amazing how small the world can be at times.

As for my engine, that was Septembet 17th, 2007 and we have been doing MUCH better since then.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:48 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Yes, it really is great to meet all the great people at CN. I know alot of Newmar owners don't belong to the Newmar Kountry Klub, but if you have such a good time with Newmar owners at CN and don't belong to NKK, join the klub and you can run into them alot more often.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:37 PM   #13

We signed up and lifetime members of NKK on ur first visit to the factory. The only issue is that we have found the rallies rather "un"family oriented. More of a couples gig.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:14 AM   #14

I agree that Camp Newmar is a great experience.

We have been there at least half a dozen times for warranty work and there is so much to see and do while getting top notch work done on your coach.

The Cord museum in Auburn IN ( Cord, Auburn and Dusenburgs cars), the Studebaker museum in South Bend, Notre Dame U in South Bend, visiting
Rentown for shopping, shopping in the Amish shops throughout the area, breakfast at the Corner Cafe in Nappanee, dinner at Pats in LaPaz.

Then the people are great also.

I feel sorry for those who don't like the area.
I guess they are just far more sophisticated than I and can't enjoy a slower pace.
After working in high pressure positions the relaxation is great.

Al Sawyer
'05 MADP
allynne is offline   Reply With Quote