Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2019, 04:21 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
5 running lights along the top of RV

I have a 99 Dutch star I'm looking for the 5 running lights along the top of the front 1999 Newmar Dutch star
Where can i get the lights?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2019, 04:48 PM   #2

Newmar might have them but you could save some money by goggling clearance light and match them up with what is shown. Make sure you seal the new units well. Many leaks in roof area in the front have found out it was the clearance lights that were leaking.
Newmar Man
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 04:43 AM   #3

This is the manufacturer that is on my '97 and probably yours too. Have to scroll down and find the low profile models. I paid less that $5 each for the complete light kit - I stayed with incandescent because they light up better than the LED (I have a buddy that replaced his with LED and was disappointed in the how they looked at night and went back the incandescent bulbs).
https://www.grote.com/product-catego...marker-lights/
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:03 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Hi dutch99,
The lens may have a DOT number on it. Google this number and you will have choices.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:26 AM   #5

We have a 2000 Dutch Star. We ordered both front and rear marker lights from Newmar. Replaced all of them. Looks much nicer. The old ones were discolored, and in many cases crumbling from age. The worst part of replacing them was removing all the silicone that had been applied over the years. Nice inexpensive upgrade.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:49 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch99 View Post
I have a 99 Dutch star I'm looking for the 5 running lights along the top of the front 1999 Newmar Dutch star
Where can i get the lights?
I replaced all front and rear on my 03 Dutchstar from this supplier. Good product, fair price, fit like a glove.
Remove the old fixtures. Clean up the old caulking real well. I used a Marine Grade Clear Silicone to seal the new ones. Run a generous bead around the back of the fixture, set it in place and run the two screws down just so the Silicone is compressed to within 1/8" or so from the body. Let them sit overnight and snug the screws up. Done.

CAUTION...... when removing the old lens, tie off the wiring before cutting so it doesn't slip down inside on you. That can give you slightly swollen blood vessels if you drop a wire.....

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...connector/599/
Old 04-23-2019, 01:56 AM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
I called newmar there $10 each, 800-731-8300
Old 04-23-2019, 04:12 AM   #8

I wish I would have read this thread a couple of days ago. Yesterday, I spent several hours going from store to store looking for replacement lights. I ended up buying some small surface LED lights and making a white plastic adapter plate to mount them. I haven't checked the back ones yet to see if they were leaking. Front ones should of but the insulation was dry behind them.
hewebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:12 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch99 View Post
I called newmar there $10 each, 800-731-8300
The ones from Superbrite are half that and, a much nicer light with the chrome bezel.

Tags
light, lights