Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2016, 05:15 PM   #1

A/C hoses Spartan or Newmar parts?

Anyone know if the A/C hoses that connect to the compressor and go to the side mounted condenser are Spartan or Newmar parts. I need to call tomorrow to order he hose and don't have much time until needed.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2016, 05:22 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Near certain that the A/C hardware is installed on a delivered chassis, i.e., Spartan (not electrical components). A possible alternative (quicker) is an auto supply that you may take your defective hose and have duplicated. Usually those who make hydraulic hoses can also make A/C hoses.
Jim
JLDHELMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 05:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAJO View Post
Anyone know if the A/C hoses that connect to the compressor and go to the side mounted condenser are Spartan or Newmar parts. I need to call tomorrow to order he hose and don't have much time until needed.
You could try Spartan with VIN or, call an Autoparts Store like NAPA and see if they can or know of a shop that will build you custom hoses per sample.
These hoses are not exotic.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:44 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Hi DAJO,
Spartan part number. They are already connected when the chassis is delivered to Newmar from Spartan.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 03:27 PM   #5

The answer is the chassis comes from Spartan with only the compressor and belt installed the rest is installed by Newmar.
Picked up the hose today at Newmar, already got it and evacuating system. Easy install love side radiators.
Old 03-11-2016, 03:53 PM   #6

Thanks for the update. Good to know.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:19 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Oops, sorry about that. Things change over time. Last time I was at Spartan (around 2008) things were different. Glad to see you have the part you need. Thanks for stopping by and meeting me. Thanks for the filters.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 02:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Oops, sorry about that. Things change over time. Last time I was at Spartan (around 2008) things were different. Glad to see you have the part you need. Thanks for stopping by and meeting me. Thanks for the filters.
You are welcome. I would have bet it would have been a Spartan part also. Got it all charged up and working.

Tags
newmar, parts, spartan