Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2018, 09:36 PM   #57

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Nice job on the shelf.
I found the hour meter today behind the intake hose. What a terrible place to put it. I extended the 2 wires and moved it where I could read it. Thanks for letting me know it's there.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2018, 01:32 PM   #58

Newmar Owners Club
Dock light

I went with dock marker and turn in one unit. A little more work but safety first.
SusanCamille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 06:36 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 fan View Post
Sorry it took so long. First pic is for the hood (2) I drilled extra holes.

Second is for the lower drivers side (1)

Third is what I used on the passenger side, I made a bracket because you can't get to the side. So don't use this one.

Forth is what I should have bought for the P.S. lower.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks for posting all this info. I went ahead and ordered everything! It was just a tick over $100 shipped. I think it’s a worth upgrade. It’ll eliminate my desire to want to run a gen hr meter to the dash since the worst part was having to mess w support arm of the front fascia to get to the genny anyways!
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 06:24 AM   #60

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Added a manual timer and a water meter to the black tank rinse. This way I don't have to go inside to see how full it is and turns itself off if I walk away.
10 fan … on your black tank rinse, did you put some kind of splitter or tee off of the incoming reel water supply so you don't have to hook-up a 2nd hose to get rinse water? I see a white hose running across the top of your wet bay panel but can't see where it goes or how it's connected?

FLSteve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:46 AM   #61

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSteve View Post
10 fan … on your black tank rinse, did you put some kind of splitter or tee off of the incoming reel water supply so you don't have to hook-up a 2nd hose to get rinse water? I see a white hose running across the top of your wet bay panel but can't see where it goes or how it's connected?

FLSteve
In picture #9 on the right side coming from the hose reel there's a factory shark bite with factory hose going up to a T that I added. There is a blue harbor freight light hanging on the part going to the filter and the top of the T going up and then to the left at the top of the wet bay. If you can't make it out let me know, I'll be home today and can take a better picture.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:31 AM   #62

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
In picture #9 on the right side coming from the hose reel there's a factory shark bite with factory hose going up to a T that I added. There is a blue harbor freight light hanging on the part going to the filter and the top of the T going up and then to the left at the top of the wet bay. If you can't make it out let me know, I'll be home today and can take a better picture.
Yes … I can see it now. Thanks. I will plan to do something similar.

FLSteve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:07 PM   #63

10 Fan

Where did you mount the hour meter for the Oasis. I pulled mine out today to do the same and realized it was bigger than I expected. Thinking about taping it to the side of the Oasis system.

Dave C.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:22 PM   #64

A few more mods to share

For anyone that did the shock mod, did your front end develop a whistle??? When my hood is shut, it sticks out more than it did without the struts. I think this caused the gap to widen and now it whistles...

On that note, has anyone sprayed insulation on the underside of the dash in the hood area?? It befuddles me that there is no insulation or barrier. It’s just the thin plastic dash. I guess it makes it easier to run wires if you needed to...
Old 04-05-2019, 07:48 AM   #65

Newmar Owners Club
Don't understand why the cord reel would wad up the cord, unless you are just letting it go in on it's own. Mine is out of sight, so I take a damp towel and as it's going in, I wipe it off, which cleans it so the compartment does not get dirty, and straightens it out at the same time. Lifting the hood is how I will get some arm exercise, beer cans don't do it anymore!

Now if I am wrong I am wrong, but I am almost positive my instructions (present coach) says to flush black tank with sewer valve OPEN so water does not build up in the tank, supposedly, there are little jets on the tank flush system and spray down the walls, etc. On the new one, don't know whats in there, so having the valve closed may be the recommended procedure, and sanicon is a whole nother ball of twine. educate me/us?

You did a nice professional job on the things you did, looks great.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:59 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpecks View Post
For anyone that did the shock mod, did your front end develop a whistle??? When my hood is shut, it sticks out more than it did without the struts. I think this caused the gap to widen and now it whistles...

On that note, has anyone sprayed insulation on the underside of the dash in the hood area?? It befuddles me that there is no insulation or barrier. It’s just the thin plastic dash. I guess it makes it easier to run wires if you needed to...
I did the strut mod on mine and did not like how it pushed out the door at the top. I am going to relocate the bottom attachment points so that the strut is more vertical (similar to engine strut). I also was wondering if the 80lbs that was used is really too much pressure and if 60 would not work better at the original location.
CoreyinWP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 09:28 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyinWP View Post
I did the strut mod on mine and did not like how it pushed out the door at the top. I am going to relocate the bottom attachment points so that the strut is more vertical (similar to engine strut). I also was wondering if the 80lbs that was used is really too much pressure and if 60 would not work better at the original location.

Good thinking. Be sure to update!! It’s a really nice mod that makes access to the front much more convenient and safe. But as you mentioned, it does push it out. I only installed one shock too. I think the 60lb might be the ticket.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:22 AM   #68

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDS4018 View Post
10 Fan

Where did you mount the hour meter for the Oasis. I pulled mine out today to do the same and realized it was bigger than I expected. Thinking about taping it to the side of the Oasis system.

Dave C.
Must be getting old, can't remember if I made a bracket or not. I will be home tomorrow to start the rack for my solar. I'll let you know.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:33 AM   #69

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpecks View Post
Good thinking. Be sure to update!! It’s a really nice mod that makes access to the front much more convenient and safe. But as you mentioned, it does push it out. I only installed one shock too. I think the 60lb might be the ticket.
I did not get a whistle on mine and didn't notice the top sticking out but will look tomorrow. I started with 60lb and they didn't raise it the last 7" so I switched to 80lb and like the way they work.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:57 PM   #70

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I took a look at the hood and noticed it was sticking out on one side (thanks for pointing this out, never noticed it before ). The bolt holding the hood bracket to the body (above the hood)has a shoulder and it was not in the hole so it let the hood move up and out. I fix it and adjusted the bracket that bolts to the hood bracket. I took the 2 small screws out and loosened the sliding bolt, made the adjustment and drilled two new holes (tec screws). Now it is even on both sides.