Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2018, 04:30 PM   #1

AC fan won't shut off on auto

Anyone have a problem with their fan continuing to run after the compressor shuts off? This just started overnight. All others are working normally. I have to turn the unit off to get it to stop. It works otherwise and cools but will not turn off fan in auto fan mode.
Any ideas? Thanks

Bob
judgebobk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2018, 05:43 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Have you disconnected 12v power from the thermostat to reset it? Either turn off with battery disconnect or pull the fuse and see if a reset resolves the problem.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 06:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Have you disconnected 12v power from the thermostat to reset it? Either turn off with battery disconnect or pull the fuse and see if a reset resolves the problem.
Tried that but "No Joy".
Old 04-02-2018, 09:27 PM   #4
ARD

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
This has happened to me a couple of times too; however, it was in "cool" mode. Though the inside temperature had reached the thermostat setting, the fan kept running relentlessly. Increasing the temperature would not make it stop. I had to shut the unit off as well. Urgh.
ARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 04:00 AM   #5

If you have a CCC2 thermostat, (hard to tell as I don't know your model of coach), you could try a reset.
This has happened to me several times, and usually a reset fixes it.
To reset, make sure the thermostat is off, then press the zone and mode buttons together, until "init" and the numbers of your zones appear on the screen. Turn the thermostat back on, and see if it is fixed.
Just one of the "joy's" of having a Dometic system ..... :0)
Magredvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 03:38 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
I have had this issue off and on. It is my middle unit and I have the Silverleaf system. I am waiting for it to be a constant problem as it will be easier to fix.
alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1 View Post
I have had this issue off and on. It is my middle unit and I have the Silverleaf system. I am waiting for it to be a constant problem as it will be easier to fix.
We determined it was a bad board on the unit and not the thermostat.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:43 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
I kind of thought so. I will be at CN in a month and will see if I can get it addressed. Thanks
alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 05:24 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I experienced this problem twice for my middle/zone two unit. I turn off that zone with the thermostat setting and then also turned off the breaker for the unit. Turn everything back on and everything returned to normal. It has been months between the events.
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:28 PM   #10

I've had the same issue with one zone. First time I thought it was because I inadvertently had the fan on manual. Putting on auto seemed to fix the issue. Yesterday it stayed running and it was on auto.i finally just turned it off.
slojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by slojo View Post
I've had the same issue with one zone. First time I thought it was because I inadvertently had the fan on manual. Putting on auto seemed to fix the issue. Yesterday it stayed running and it was on auto.i finally just turned it off.
After testing the thermostat and wiring we determined it was the board and ordered one. I guess the components on these coaches, at least my 2016, have a very short life based on everything breaking on a relatively new coach.
If my airplane was constructed like my coach, I would never fly it.[emoji33]
Old 04-05-2018, 04:05 AM   #12

I sympathize, I had an 18 month old Dometic fail, due to a bad compressor, then it took 6 months of investigation, to get the new one running correctly, due to a bad freeze sensor from the factory. Dometic is no help, unless you are a certified tech, and their "China" based quality control is awful.
Problem is, there are a lot of Dometic items on our coaches, so we just have to live with it. If I have a choice when replacing Dometic "stuff', I'll choose anybody but them.
Magredvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 01:17 PM   #13

Thanks for this, I reset the thermostat but the fan would still kick on. I turned the temp down enough to trigger cooling. I let it run for a minute then brought the temp up above the temp in the rig. It shut off and is working normally.
Thanks,
-a-
Adriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 05:24 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yes this happened to our zone 1 unit. It was a bad capacitor. They are maybe 30 bucks. I had a mobile repair tech in Louisiana replace mine. Been fine since being replaced.
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan