Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2016, 11:52 AM   #1

A/C Troubleshooting Help

Hi all, newbee here. I've been lurking for some time and bought an 06 DSDP 4024 with low miles several months ago, but have focused on building a garage which took longer than I imagined. Now I am attempting to make sure everything is working correctly on the RV and have run into an A/C problem. RV is plugged into 220 50 Amp service. A/C started and ran yesterday for a few minutes, then shut down kind of abruptly. It was clear the rear unit shut down first. Since then, I can't get the Confort Control Center (CCC) screen to display anything. I am attempting to trouble shoot using the checklist for troubleshooting the 5 button CCC sysstem I downloaded from this site (great help BTW). I have tried the reset and I confirmed I have 12 V at the ribbon (telco) cable to the CCC. I have also confirmed there is 12 V on the ribbon cable going to the rear A/C unit. My next step will be to check the AC control module on the front roof A/C unit. The 3 Amp fuze on the AC control module is good BTW.

Now to my questions.
1. Shouldn't the CCC System display something since it is getting 12 volts...? I'm thinking it is a bad CCC system...?
2. The AC power module test says to use a test light for the test. I am confused, should I test from the cable plug that I disconnect from the circuit board, or do I test at the pins on the control board?

Any help or other suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Kemosabe
Kemosabe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2016, 11:56 AM   #2

FWIW first suggestion is you probably have an A/C as in Air Conditioning problem not an AC as in Alternating Current electrical problem. ;-)
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 12:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemosabe1 View Post
RV is plugged into 220 50 Amp service. A/C started and ran yesterday for a few minutes, then shut down kind of abruptly. It was clear the rear unit shut down first. Since then, I can't get the Confort Control Center (CCC) screen to display anything.
Kemosabe
You said 220v 50 amp service. Is this a new setup you had installed?
The RV should have 2 x 120v 50 amp legs on it's input. Hopefully you did not feed 220v into the RV on each leg, if so, maybe you got lucky and a breaker protected it....otherwise ????
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 12:30 PM   #4

No it's 120 X 2...I am sure the electrical hook-up is correct. Thx...Chris
Old 08-13-2016, 12:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
You said 220v 50 amp service. Is this a new setup you had installed?
The RV should have 2 x 120v 50 amp legs on it's input. Hopefully you did not feed 220v into the RV on each leg, if so, maybe you got lucky and a breaker protected it....otherwise ????
It is a standard 50 amp 120 / 240 volt system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1471114076357.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	135808  
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 01:20 PM   #6

AC Troubleshooting Help

I guess I didn't make it clear. My Electrical hook-up is fine. I am attempting to troubleshoot my roof Air Conditioners (A/C). Thx...Chris
Old 08-13-2016, 01:29 PM   #7

It sure sounds like the control center has died. Have you tried unplugging and reconnecting the cables?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
powderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 01:54 PM   #8

That's what I'm thinking too...I just ordered a new 5-button CCC from Amazon. Fingers crossed. Thx, Chris
Old 08-15-2016, 05:11 PM   #9

New Comfort Control Center (CCC) fixed it...
Old 08-15-2016, 05:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemosabe1 View Post
New Comfort Control Center (CCC) fixed it...
WooHoo ... relatively cheap fix. Thanks for the update !